View Poll Results: Who do you think is holding up the 1.4 update?

Voters
959. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sprint

118 12.30%
  • Verizon

579 60.38%
  • Palm

262 27.32%
Page 97 of 175 FirstFirst ... 47 879293949596979899100101102 107 147 ... LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,940 of 3481
    Global Posts
    487 Global Posts
    I could be wrong, but I don't think anyone from Palm or Sprint or Verizon has ever committed to a date that any update would be out. The commitment was this quarter. Everything else was speculation and rumor and most originated from here.

That's the sad part, if you look out in other places where people are ****ed because a committed date was missed, a little digging find that the source was Pre Central and it was not from a credible post, but speculation that didn't always consider that Palm having it ready didn't mean it was ready to be deployed, but was ready for carrier testing/proving prior to deployment.

So keep your panties unbunched and the update will be here soon enough.
    Please Palm guys step out and make any statement about this damn update, thats enough! This community is really stronger and very supportive and don't push us so badly. Do something!
    I've checked at least a dozen times for the update today.
    What will people do when 1.4 is out? O I know... Start rumors about 1.4.1, and start complaining too.....
    Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    1.4 will be out March 18
    i want me espresso maker :'(
    They did make a statement. They said 1.4 would be out in Feb........
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Chadney View Post
    How many dogs do you have? hahaha
    identical timestamp - well played, sir, well played.
    Let me do it before they do it this time..lol
    ANOTHER 1.4 THREAD
    Live the Pre life.
    Quote Originally Posted by casiouser View Post
    I've checked at least a dozen times for the update today.
    Today? How about the past hour?
    Global Posts
    877 Global Posts
    Thread Hijack

So...
    I'm happy =) But we really did need to fillet you for this post.
    Quote Originally Posted by PIKCACHU20 View Post
    What will people do when 1.4 is out? O I know... Start rumors about 1.4.1, and start complaining too.....
    We'll have just as many 1.4 threads but they will be about missing features that Palm never said would be included in the update...
    Well, this really is a tough business with a major catch-22: If the phone isn't very popular, then not many developers want to make apps for it. If there aren't many apps for a phone, it doesn't help it become popular. I think this is something that Palm should have addressed very early on. They weren't the quickest on the block with their Software Development Kit and only recently released the PDK. I think that's just really too late. They should've had a lot of developers on board when they were actually developing WebOS so that at launch we would have all the major apps in place. That would've helped them compete a lot better with the iPhones and droids of the world. But sadly, here we are waiting for a petty upgrade that's bringing us 'video recording'. Not much of an accomplishment if you ask me (yes, I know, no one asked! LOL). So yeah, you will supposedly be able to upload the videos, but i really don't think that's a big deal. Flash support at this phase would've been a much bigger thing, but I know that's not really up to Palm but has to do with how quickly Adobe gets it finished. But Palm COULD have given them more incentive.

The stock tumbling story is really disheartening. I love my Pre and I really love WebOS. I think it has huge potential, but sadly Palm really needs to step up their game if they plan on making it in this cut-throat industry (especially with fickle customers like us ).
    lmao, look at the tags.
    Maybe Palm is gonna hold it off one more week and give me 1.4 as a birthday present.
    maybe they meant feb 2011?
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    We'll have just as many 1.4 threads but they will be about missing features that Palm never said would be included in the update...

ROFL... Sad but True
    Global Posts
    487 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vbhatt16 View Post
    it would be nice to know what's really going on - and I highly doubt verizon is delaying things...palm promised a february release soo technically they have 3 days left....
    So you think that Sprint and now Verizon don't touch any update before it goes out? Isn't that an important thing for a company to do when it effects their customers?