View Poll Results: Who do you think is holding up the 1.4 update?

Voters
959. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sprint

118 12.30%
  • Verizon

579 60.38%
  • Palm

262 27.32%
Page 91 of 175 FirstFirst ... 41818687888990919293949596101141 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,820 of 3481
    Quote Originally Posted by zmann View Post
    that sound you hear is called mass nerd suicide.lol.
    lol... Every second another nerd cuts his wrist with his pre. With his last drips of blood he writes "1.4"
    twin: I believe if you do not have the pre on a charger it will sto bugging you.

wait it out, 1.4 is near..I can feel it!
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    what do you guys think the $75.00 upgrade on a phone? I love my pre..we have 3 of them but we are always having one of them replaced
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    sorry..last post was messed up..the kiddies are interrupting me..lol i wanted to say what do you think the phone would cost after the 75.00 upgrade..LOL
    No 1.4 in Atlanta....... I'm very disappointed.. I heard that it's only being released to a 100,000 users at a time?? Can someone confirm this??
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...on-thread.html

Exact topic has been hashed and rehashed above.
    Global Posts
    322 Global Posts
    Everyone needs to quit hitting refresh on the Updates app. It's making mine unable to connect
    ooops. My bad. Did a search and didn't find it. Maybe I shouldve search on the official site instead of the mobile one.

Hold up. Is there a poll like this in that thread? And I aint about to read that long *** thread.
    O2, for sure.
    < M105 - M130 - M515 - T|T3 - Clié UX50 - T|x - Pré - Pré 2 - TouchPad 16GB>
    [url]
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeVick7 View Post
    No 1.4 in Atlanta....... I'm very disappointed.. I heard that it's only being released to a 100,000 users at a time?? Can someone confirm this??
    It was stated in the article they wrote about the update process. But I believe it said that the update is *pushed* to 100k people at a time. But if you open up your update app you can still grab it, once it's been released, it's open game for all.
    Pre|Pixie [Plus] is not a US only thing!
    Quote Originally Posted by trim81 View Post
    twin: I believe if you do not have the pre on a charger it will sto bugging you.

wait it out, 1.4 is near..I can feel it!
    Actually, that's the problem! When I click on "Updates", it immediately pops up the message that 1.3.5.1 is ready to install. It's not letting me check for updates!!
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    changelog courtesy derek and the gang:

http://www.precentral.net/presenting-webos-14-changelog
    Last edited by arcane; 02/25/2010 at 10:37 AM. Reason: changed dieter to derek, since derek wrote the post
    Are non-US user getting the update at the same time as US? If not, why would I add them? If they do, I will add them.
    It's K o o n t, like Kunta Kinta. Just changed the spelling cause Kunt just don't look right. So, yall don't have to censor my name on here.
    I think that palm is at fault here, they are probably trying to coordinate a synchronized release across all carriers and have not figured out how to achieve this goal yet. If it was at the carrier level each carrier would release when they are ready. Anyone that has had a blackberry knows how that works.
    No battery imprivement!! !! What the!!!!?
    Live the Pre life.
    Global Posts
    101 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by twinmoons View Post
    Actually, that's the problem! When I click on "Updates", it immediately pops up the message that 1.3.5.1 is ready to install. It's not letting me check for updates!!

Install it!
    As far as I know, there has been no indication as to which carrier will get the update in february... US or RotW.

As far as I know... every carrier are getting every updates (besides minor update that are GSM or CDMA specific). There may be small delays between carriers though.

Anyway, this pool is rather pointless. If Palm think the update is ready, then it will be released on one of the carrier as soon as they sign it off. Palm does not wait for all the carriers to be ready.

As an example, 1.3.5 was released on Sprint first, even though it was not released on Bell... 1.3.5.1 was released on Sprint and Bell at the same time.
  19. Evansgw
    so, i'm just realizing how awesome the pre is (when charging, of course). I'm stuck in a crap work seminar, listening (discretly, as I'm at the back of the lecture theatre) to Pandora, while surfing the web, emailing and SMS'ing friends. I guess other 'smartphones' can't do all that at the same time.

looking forward to 1.4, I hope later today I can record some of this boring seminar, edit it and play around a bit more with the phone. We def need battery improvements though.
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    Balls!