View Poll Results: Who do you think is holding up the 1.4 update?

Voters
959. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sprint

118 12.30%
  • Verizon

579 60.38%
  • Palm

262 27.32%
Page 9 of 175 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 19 59 109 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by xome1983 View Post
    But these phones are not out yet, this is still hardware on the horizon. Rapidly approaching horizon? Probably, but still not quite yet. The Pre is 9 months old which in phone terms is almost ancient, the OS is 9 months old which in smart phone terms is not very old at all. I have no doubt that Palm will push some killer specs in future iterations of the Pre (Whatever they may be called) but I don't think they're in quite the crunch it sounds like you do. Name a phone that came out in June of last year that out performs the Pre... More recent phones have better specs but so will palms next phone, it's just how the technology game is played. They have a name for it. Moore's Law.

These phones are out. The Samsung Moment has an 800 mhz processor. The Nexus.. Snapdragon.. 1 GHz...
    I love my pre, but to say that better processors aren't out there.. Gotta state the facts
    lets face it, when 1.4 is ready it will be released, theres no point moaning that we were promised it yesterday i waited months for firmware updates for my nokia 5800, so im used to waiting for things like this. and to be honest, we waited this long for video already, a few days doesnt make a blind bit of difference. thankyou and goodnight
    "A man was rushed to hospital yesterday with extensive stress exhaustion and nervous anxiety disorder, reportedly due to a delayed bit of software on his cell phone..."

Yeah. That could be you
    HAHA! Nice WqyArc! I agree, everyone seems a bit overzealous about an update when the majority of Pre users will just complain about the update when it arrives anyways!
    Quote Originally Posted by balderson View Post
    I think there's just gonna be a toggle in the Camera app to switch between still photos and videos. Palm demoed it in their CES keynote.
    Excellent, something else to lag the camera even more. While we are at it, I read that the hardware supports digital zoom, is it on the horizon?
    As we are rapidly filling up anticipatory threads about WebOS 1.4, and as I was told that the friendship thread and the Official thread were both serious, I felt like starting another one. The laughs are worth it. Just play nice..sorta
    Last edited by copasetic; 02/16/2010 at 07:31 AM. Reason: spelling
    Quote Originally Posted by copasetic View Post
    Excellent, something else to lag the camera even more. While we are at it, I read that the hardware supports digital zoom, is it on the horizon?
    Digital zoom is a software component, not restrained by hardware in this case. If you mean optical zoom then no way. Not gonna happen.

PS. The camera has the fastest shutter speed and cool down period I've ever used on any dumb or smart phone - and the app itself loads faster than most other core apps. What do you mean "something else to lag the camera even more"?
    BTW is 1.4 still coming on 2/15?
    Quote Originally Posted by surferpr View Post
    I seriously don't know why I fell for this... We have got to start speaking in palm time. Ex, Coming out on Feb = late March with some crappy excuse. I don't care how much Palm says otherwise February is almost over. Just say its going to be released March and that be the end of this. Or at the very least say coming LATE February. GET IT?
    Who knew that the 16th was the end of the month?
    no they lied to us and i'm mad!
    check me out at palm prepitstop on youtube for all your palm pre help and how tos. and email me if u need help.
    Quote Originally Posted by pogeypetey View Post
    And we're back. Flaming/Language or otherwise off topic posts will be deleted. Let's be adults here.
    Adults? Mommy said we all had bedtime soon
    Global Posts
    177 Global Posts
    Man, I woke up and 1.4 still wasn't out. If you can't believe unsourced rumors on the internet what can you believe??
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    yeah.. i think it's still supposed to be here on the 15th.. death to the "sprint employee" who posted this bogus claim!
    Quote Originally Posted by SqyArc View Post
    Digital zoom is a software component, not restrained by hardware in this case. If you mean optical zoom then no way. Not gonna happen.

PS. The camera has the fastest shutter speed and cool down period I've ever used on any dumb or smart phone - and the app itself loads faster than most other core apps. What do you mean "something else to lag the camera even more"?
    I have heard it's one of the best there is. Your statement means I have anothher issue. My photo app takes 8-10 seconds to load. Reminds me of Treo/Centro: the more photos you take the longer the load time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan25TN View Post
    Erhm this is direct competition to my WebOS 1.4 Friendship thread, but thats ok. In the end we all want the same thing ...... for the boston red sox to win the world series, erhm I mean for Web OS 1.4 to come out. <3
    Besides you said your thread was totally serious. To relieve stress one can't be serious all the time
    Quote Originally Posted by d.moss View Post
    yeah.. i think it's still supposed to be here on the 15th.. death to the "sprint employee" who posted this bogus claim!
    Don't pick on Sprint! Well not too much. They got it (the pre) going at least. And who knows s/he may be right
    after all that stuff about NFS being a photoshopped job, and then being proven wrong, did ANYONE think that maybe that E-Mail was a doctored piece of info.....just sayin....
    Quote Originally Posted by powerbyte View Post
    after all that stuff about NFS being a photoshopped job, and then being proven wrong, did ANYONE think that maybe that E-Mail was a doctored piece of info.....just sayin....
    Wow where was that article? I haven't honestly looked at NFS yet

BTW this thread has been moved...cya over there
    Last edited by copasetic; 02/16/2010 at 09:19 AM.
  19. Evansgw
    I brought my charger to work so I can keep checking for an update. You just never know. It could happen today
    Quote Originally Posted by Evansgw View Post
    I brought my charger to work so I can keep checking for an update. You just never know. It could happen today
    yep, or tomorrow, or thursday.

but definitely not outside of the usa