View Poll Results: Who do you think is holding up the 1.4 update?

Voters
959. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sprint

118 12.30%
  • Verizon

579 60.38%
  • Palm

262 27.32%
Page 89 of 175 FirstFirst ... 3979848586878889909192939499139 ... LastLast
Results 1,761 to 1,780 of 3481
    at least if I had 1.4 right now I could document this major storm we sre getting here on the east coast ah so many memories passing us by, thanks palm lol
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Impulsebuyer View Post
    at least if I had 1.4 right now I could document this major storm we sre getting here on the east coast ah so many memories passing us by, thanks palm lol
    if your antennas get broken by the storm you would propably be ****ed
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Josh Fisher View Post
    I accidentally started the 1.3.5.1 "update", without removing any patches (since they are all AUPT). It did its "update", and now, for the first time, it told me about the update to radiotime, and, when I did that, it told me for the first time that I am up to date. I'd guess that this is preparation for the great update to 1.4, that the Pre Plus shipped with some weird bug in 1.3.5.1 that had to be cleared out of the way by doing this "update". But I guess I'm an eternal optimist, having only been a Palm user for about 5 years.
    The RadioTime update has nothing to do with 1.4. It has to do with a mess up in placing it in the App Catalog after the 1.0.7 to 1.0.8 version update. Version 1.0.8 accidentally only got pushed to the Pixi App Catalog which caused people with Pres to receive the update notification, but no update available. It even got pulled from the Pre App Catalog completely but should be back either later today, tomorrow, or the next day.

RadioTime isn't developed by Palm. It's developed by RadioTime, Inc.

After numerous hours on the phone and many emails back and forth, I can tell you that the WebOS 1.4 update will not drop today, however. I was told "in a few days" repeatedly yesterday. I wouldn't be expecting it either today or tomorrow.

Doc

RadioTime for WebOS Developer
    Quote Originally Posted by BikeBoy View Post
    Nothing brewing but coffee here in Overland Park, KS, home of Sprint Corp...
    Nice! That's near where I'm at. Nothing here for me but an 8am college class, followed by a 9:25, and then a 10:50, and then a 1pm
    Quote Originally Posted by DocLee View Post
    The RadioTime update has nothing to do with 1.4. It has to do with a mess up in placing it in the App Catalog after the 1.0.7 to 1.0.8 version update. Version 1.0.8 accidentally only got pushed to the Pixi App Catalog which caused people with Pres to receive the update notification, but no update available. It even got pulled from the Pre App Catalog completely but should be back either later today, tomorrow, or the next day.

RadioTime isn't developed by Palm. It's developed by RadioTime, Inc.

After numerous hours on the phone and many emails back and forth, I can tell you that the WebOS 1.4 update will not drop today, however. I was told "in a few days" repeatedly yesterday. I wouldn't be expecting it either today or tomorrow.

Doc

RadioTime for WebOS Developer

1) I have a Pre (Sprint) and got the update of Radio Time (to 1.0.8) yesterday

2) I LOVE that app

3) BOOOOOO (on the 1.4 info)

4) Thanks, anyway
    I'm still trying to figure out if it's not coming today then why did precentral say it on the homepage? I'm sure somebody know the real date. It is PREcentral you would think they got the inside info.

Yes I know it was a rumor date and alot of rumors aren't true but I'll eat my words if it come out today
    Quote Originally Posted by OneDeep View Post
    I'm still trying to figure out if it's not coming today then why did precentral say it on the homepage? I'm sure somebody know the real date. It is PREcentral you would think they got the inside info.

Yes I know it was a rumor date and alot of rumors aren't true but I'll eat my words if it come out today
    Precentral never said its coming out on the 25th. They just posted a rumor from a Verizon employee which is pretty much as confirming the date as if I told you. What do Verizon employees really know. I mean I can't believe people really got worked up decided that it is actually coming today. Obviously we have numerous sources claiming that it won't be till sometimes in March.
    at this point we don't even know if it would be March either, best to wait out the next 3 days to see, than it could be another whole month of waiting for one day...

I still don't get why the homepage put up that rumor, I can easily say I spoke to a higher up at sprint and they said 1.4 was coming the 26th but that won't go front page, should we start our 5th rumor if I am counting correctly lol
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rlee2001 View Post
    Sung to tune of "Money for Nothing":

I want my
    I want my 1.4
    I want my
    I want my 1.4

Now look at them posters
    They ain't really workin'
    They're pushing "Update" on their own Palm Pres
    No, they ain't workin'
    They ain't even sleepin'

Want their Vid Recording
    And their Flash for Pre

now thats the way you do it..
    video recording and flash for pre..

i want my..
    i want my...
    i want my 1.4..

so funny!
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BikeBoy View Post
    Nothing brewing but coffee here in Overland Park, KS, home of Sprint Corp...
    O.P. cool, I'm in Olathe
    I just had a chat with palm...not encouraging.

[7:38 AM] Nicole says: Hello Adam!
    [7:38 AM] Nicole says: Thank you for contacting Palm. My name is Nicole. How can I help you today?
    [7:38 AM] Adam says: hey Nicole!
    [7:38 AM] Adam says: Well, myself and thousands of others are very curious as to when 1.4 will be released. Palm at CES said it would be in February...do you know when?
    [7:39 AM] Nicole says: I understand that you want to know when the webOS version 1.4 will be released.
    [7:39 AM] Nicole says: I am sorry, as of now we don't have any information from our engineers regarding the update.
    [7:40 AM] Adam says: so does that mean it's not even in the near future?
    [7:40 AM] Nicole says: You can check the Palm website for any updates.
    [7:40 AM] Nicole has sent a link: Palm USA | Mobile Products for Consumers, Professionals, and Businesses
    [7:40 AM] Adam says: yes I know
    [7:41 AM] Adam says: do you kow what messaging enahcements come with the update?
    [7:41 AM] Nicole says: The update will downloaded to the device over the air process.
    [7:41 AM] Adam says: yes, I've been anxiously checking every day..haha
    [7:41 AM] Nicole says: As of now we don't have any information about the update and its features.
    [7:42 AM] Adam says: you know nothing about it? You must know that it brings video recording capabilities and flash, right?
    [7:43 AM] Nicole says: I understand it, but there is no confirmation from our engineers regarding it.
    [7:43 AM] Adam says: ok, well I'm hoping today!
    [7:43 AM] Adam says: thanks for your time
    If the update does not come out today. Im off to android!!
    screw this waiting a year for video when my 7 year old basic phone can do it.
    Help a guy thats down and out on his luck..
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Surely you realize that this is not a human you were chatting wiith. They program these support chat forums with canned responses. If you don't believe me trip it and ask an unrelated question: (How is the weather, what color is your hair..). You'll get a computerized AI response that doesn't even make sense. Welcome to the new age of customer unservice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Impulsebuyer View Post
    at this point we don't even know if it would be March either, best to wait out the next 3 days to see, than it could be another whole month of waiting for one day...

I still don't get why the homepage put up that rumor, I can easily say I spoke to a higher up at sprint and they said 1.4 was coming the 26th but that won't go front page, should we start our 5th rumor if I am counting correctly lol
    At this point I really don't care anymore, the only rumor I want to hear about is when the HTC Supersonic is coming out. LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by upperking View Post
    If the update does not come out today. Im off to android!!
    screw this waiting a year for video when my 7 year old basic phone can do it.
    Windows Phone 7 for me! Oh, wait....
    Global Posts
    182 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dkotoric1 View Post
    At this point I really don't care anymore, the only rumor I want to hear about is when the HTC Supersonic is coming out. LOL
    Supersonic does look good, but I personally am so tired of the new phone gotta have it crap!!!! I just wish we could get a serious freak'n answer out of PALM instead of this rumor crap... As a paying consumer, don't I deserve at least that much. It's a wonder there company is circling the drain....
    ehhhhh to 1.4, just video recording. It'll be cool but I won't use it really.

I'm in no rush, however, palm promised in Feb. if they don't deliver in there promise that will look BAD to them.

They need to get the PDK out, so that users can start porting apps from the iPhone. Then ill be excited.
    Quote Originally Posted by SHO_ONE View Post
    Supersonic does look good, but I personally am so tired of the new phone gotta have it crap!!!! I just wish we could get a serious freak'n answer out of PALM instead of this rumor crap... As a paying consumer, don't I deserve at least that much. It's a wonder there company is circling the drain....
    While I agree, I'm not buying into the whole gotta have it crap, I just want a phone with quality built hardware and a bigger screen, and if the rumors about the Supersonic are true there is realy nothing better then that.
    Global Posts
    182 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Klownicle View Post
    ehhhhh to 1.4, just video recording. It'll be cool but I won't use it really.

I'm in no rush, however, palm promised in Feb. if they don't deliver in there promise that will look BAD to them.
    It's happened before with countless other companies, but with PALM on the brink of what seem to be their failure, not being able to deliver when they say they can only convey's the message that their running on fumes and don't have what it takes to go the distance... At this point in time, I don't know if I want to invest in an OS that may not have a future....

Palm, I'm sure you read these boards. I hope you guy's deleiver..... I can wait, but unlike some of you that don't care for vid rec. I do use it, it's nice to have in a pinch.... I was in an accident last Thurs, would have been nice to capture the ladies reaction and such.... I'm going to a hockey game with my son and my friend and his son. Be nice to have it then. You get my drift. How many of you would like to share your childs 1st (fill in the black) with whom ever... Let's go Palm
    Global Posts
    182 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dkotoric1 View Post
    while i agree, i'm not buying into the whole gotta have it crap, i just want a phone with quality built hardware and a bigger screen, and if the rumors about the supersonic are true there is realy nothing better then that.
    amen! +1