View Poll Results: Who do you think is holding up the 1.4 update?

Voters
959. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sprint

118 12.30%
  • Verizon

579 60.38%
  • Palm

262 27.32%
Page 87 of 175 FirstFirst ... 3777828384858687888990919297137 ... LastLast
Results 1,721 to 1,740 of 3481
    see what i dont understand is the fact that they had a really good working demo at CES (i was at CES) and that was the beginning of january. how come they are so late to release it?! it must be spring and verizon holding them back
    no update to speak off. I've been getting that application update message and of course there's nothing to update. Today is just one of those days. But it's quite odd how there has been no press on this update at all other then 'February'. As much as I'm looking forward to seeing these updates.. It seems like I'm just losing hope. I need to devirginize my babyyy.
    Quote Originally Posted by mishkinf View Post
    see what i dont understand is the fact that they had a really good working demo at CES (i was at CES) and that was the beginning of january. how come they are so late to release it?! it must be spring and verizon holding them back
    A good working demo at any trade show is usually a beta version where the person giving the demo has had training on how not to make it crash. Many features are disabled and only the really "bling" stuff is properly working.
    Psion 3a, 3c, 3mx, Handspring Visor Deluxe, Treo 180, Treo 600, Centro, Pre, Touchpad, Pre3, Blackberry Passport (sorry!)
    very true..

uhh well im checking for updates right now and its taking a long time to find out if there are any... perhaps its about to go through?

its never taken this long. i closed and reopened the update app too and tried it again.. its still taking a while.. hmmmm. suspicious activity. there may be hope gentlemen.
    weird, the updater just instantly said the updates were available and after a dozen pushes, is checking for the last 3 min now. :O
    My Palm Pre says that it is up to date...
    well for the first time in over a month, my phone is up to date... Then after another lengthy search for updates.. Application updates. What gives?
    up to date for me in Ny if it doesn't hit today call it an epic fail on the rumor mill..

I think all the excitement is fading for me bc of the dragging it out theme here.. It's the 25th do you really need 3 more days for it to work better on our end? I hate to say it but today could be a tell tale sign of whether or not this thing was really delayed or held back awhile or not
    lost evdo connection. Came back and immediately said updatbing PRL. Checked for updates and for first time said everything is up to date at 1.3.5.1. It's always been stuck in available updates even when done... This was at 626am EST
    Nothing new in Pittsburgh (Verizon) 6:55 AM
    Last edited by trevgriff; 02/25/2010 at 05:58 AM.
    Global Posts
    419 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mschandler View Post
    lost evdo connection. Came back and immediately said updatbing PRL. Checked for updates and for first time said everything is up to date at 1.3.5.1. It's always been stuck in available updates even when done... This was at 626am EST
    I got the same thing this morning too! I've never seen this screen before either..

Anyone else get it?
    Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    what screen tcub?
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    419 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    what screen tcub?
    It slid up about half way over the screen and said "updating PRL" then it finished and slid back down. I would have taken a screenshot but I was tired and brushing my teeth..
    Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    6AM CDT and nothing... Bah, I'll just continue as if nothing happened and check at the end of the day.

Besides, GSM Mexico Pre, we may not even get the update at the same time as Sprint or Verizon :S
    Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    I thought I saw "updating" screen at 0530 central. Didn't have glasses on and hit cancel. Later went into updates and only shows updates for apps....and my apps are all updated..I'm in no rush though...
    Treo 300,600,650,755p and now Pre
    this is the most anticipated update ever... this 1.4 must be awesome huh? well it's the 25th in new york city no updates yet,another false alarm.
    Quote Originally Posted by rush View Post
    this is the most anticipated update ever... this 1.4 must be awesome huh? well it's the 25th in new york city no updates yet,another false alarm.
    hahaha

Because its not out YET?

I agree its gotten crazy. However, I've enjoyed the anticipation posts. This is the first update I ever knew about in advance, so I can't compare.
    Quote Originally Posted by Josh Fisher View Post
    Instead of the usual "you are up to date" message, I'm suddenly getting "1.3.5.1 is now available...".

I'm already running 1.3.5.1, which is what came with my Pre Plus when I got it a month ago. Maybe this is a just a buggy stage in the prep for 1.4
    I accidentally started the 1.3.5.1 "update", without removing any patches (since they are all AUPT). It did its "update", and now, for the first time, it told me about the update to radiotime, and, when I did that, it told me for the first time that I am up to date. I'd guess that this is preparation for the great update to 1.4, that the Pre Plus shipped with some weird bug in 1.3.5.1 that had to be cleared out of the way by doing this "update". But I guess I'm an eternal optimist, having only been a Palm user for about 5 years.
    Quote Originally Posted by Prelude Ron View Post
    staying up til 3:30 with hope for a early update.

Im sleepy. Hopefully its here when I wake up. XD
    I am happy. Tomorrows gonna be a good day.
    ...4 hours later.

I cant sleep. dreaming too much about 1.4
    Guess ill survive on 4 hours of sleep. Anticipation is killer.
    Well it's 12.30 pm here in UK and nothing yet.