View Poll Results: Who do you think is holding up the 1.4 update?

Voters
959. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sprint

118 12.30%
  • Verizon

579 60.38%
  • Palm

262 27.32%
Page 77 of 175 FirstFirst ... 27 677273747576777879808182 87 127 ... LastLast
Results 1,521 to 1,540 of 3481
    the reason why it won't drop on Sprint in March....majority of Pres are ON SPRINT. Plus...releasing it later would damage it's relationship with Sprint and dedicated users. That just wouldn't happen.
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    sooo..um yeah Hellooooooo?? Echo... Echo... Nop 1.4 update server seems empty. Cmon Palm get in gear!
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    every update is like the night before christmas, its ridiculous!!
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    I just got the same update message too. not sure what it means i would hope the phone recognizes that it has 1.3.5.1 on it already
    Every person in this thread seems to say that they are friends with a "tech" or a "rep", but most of them are lying.

My dear personal associate (he is like a brother to me) is a rep for several reps (at several reputable companies) and he told me that they are repping the release right now. Rep-are yourselves guys. I believe him. In fact, he is willing to put his rep as a rep on the line.

My other friend is what people in the business call a Tech Rep (or a Rep Tech -- the terminology is different between Verizon and Sprint). As I'm sure you guys can imagine Tech Reps are the real deal! They know everything that Reps do, plus everything that Techs do. Anyway, I am in a bowling league with some Rep Techs (we call ourselves the Bad Techreptations) and after my friend bowled a 300 last night (his second of the year!) he swore me to secrecy and told me that the update is going to put a front-facing hardware camera on the Pre and Pixi and enable videoconferencing! Can anyone say best OTA ever?

Don't spread that around too much though. He could lose his position as a Tech Rep!

You heard it here first guys. In this thread, this sea of misdirected aggression and outright falsehoods, this is the one truth that you can rely on.
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Anyone know at what time of day Palm has usually released these updates? Hasn't it been in the late afternoon?
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cringer View Post
    Funny joke.
    Funny, funny how? Do I amuse you?

Had to do it. I love me some Goodfellas
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    lol
    Quote Originally Posted by matt9484 View Post
    I just got the same update message too. not sure what it means i would hope the phone recognizes that it has 1.3.5.1 on it already
    Do nothing. This is an error. It means nothing. Really.
    good luck i highly doubt they will release it at 12:00am

Currently using: Sprint Palm Pre and Sprint HTC EVO 4G
    All random.
    Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post
    Do nothing. This is an error. It means nothing. Really.
    And how are you so sure? hmmm?
    Im going to bed and going to wake up with more pre 1.4 threads
    --Marvin
    other OTA updates came out around 5:30-6:00 PM Eastern...
    i see the late afternoon here in the east i dont ever remember seeing it at 12am ever if it even comes tomorrow at all it was never promised for the 25th just speculation
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    what came first web os 1.4 or the palm c40
    YES!!! 1.4 IS not HERE!!! YAY!! I don't want video recording nor the ground work for Flash 10.1 oh and the ability to upload VIDEO RECORDINGS on my SMARTphone straight to Facebook or Youtube. But damn it's not like Palm really owes me this update but just please don't c*ck tease us. But hey they said sometime in Feburary the shortest month of the year. So until March 1st I just have to wait a week like my girl is on the the rag ya know.
    there was one in the night once. 12am to 1am time frame.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chadney View Post
    YES!!! 1.4 IS not HERE!!! YAY!! I don't want video recording nor the ground work for Flash 10.1 oh and the ability to upload VIDEO RECORDINGS on my SMARTphone straight to Facebook or Youtube. But damn it's not like Palm really owes me this update but just please don't c*ck tease us. But hey they said sometime in Feburary the shortest month of the year. So until March 1st I just have to wait a week like my girl is on the the rag ya know.
    This wasn't even clever the very first time that someone did it.
    I'm waiting till 12 to hit something else