View Poll Results: Who do you think is holding up the 1.4 update?

Voters
959. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sprint

118 12.30%
  • Verizon

579 60.38%
  • Palm

262 27.32%
Page 76 of 175 FirstFirst ... 2666717273747576777879808186126 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,520 of 3481
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    i posted this a few days ago when we were all up waiting for it to hit a tech at a sprint store told me march 17 that is not that long of a wait if you think about all the people that it has to go through before it gets to us so sounds like at least 3 to 4 weeks of work
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    I have been following this thread off and on. I agree with springyeti, Palm needs to get off of their butts and move forward. As a paying customer, I feel that I should have the right to know when an update will be released. I love webos and the potential, but I do not carte for the hardware. If it was not for precentral and webos internals, I think Palm's stock would be even worse.
    unless palm cleary states it will come out tomorrow. I would stay up but since this is not the case nite nite for me
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    I think it will hit tomorrow. . .
    come on everybody knows if its not pro palm or pro pre not to post at haters central.com god this place has officially become just as fan boyish as any iphone forum that I would not dare ask a question id call palm directly
    I wanna be surprize...lol
    Global Posts
    483 Global Posts
    No.
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dkotoric1 View Post
    I don't want to cause any drama but coming from a inside source within sprint. The update will not be available until sometimes in March. I know I will probably get trashed for this comment but this is coming from a sprint employee who's job is to test and approve these updates before they are released
    im skeptical of your post, when did u meet this sprint guy?
    Quote Originally Posted by del420 View Post
    i posted this a few days ago when we were all up waiting for it to hit a tech at a sprint store told me march 17 that is not that long of a wait if you think about all the people that it has to go through before it gets to us so sounds like at least 3 to 4 weeks of work
    dude you're wrong....it's dropping in Feb
    wow. It better hit tomorrow or else it's time we riot. Does palm have fourms on their site. I think if it's not out by feb we should start somthing over their. athis is just bull****. This is gonna be my last palm phone. I know I'm a whinner but really. This is ****ing crazy
    Quote Originally Posted by rothoof View Post
    im skeptical of your post, when did u meet this sprint guy?
    He is a friend of mine. I have known him for like 4 or 5 years. Again I'm just sharing the info and I truly hope he is wrong which is what I told him too. LOL
    No Way I work for a livin' and need the sleep
    I hate when people stir stuff up....PALM drops this update in February for both Verizon and Sprint
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    yep ive been here from the begining of this thread too this will be the 3rd time im staying up to see if it drops i hope it does also i voted this thread would hit 1970 posts we are getting close
    Global Posts
    483 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dago52 View Post
    I have been following this thread off and on. I agree with springyeti, Palm needs to get off of their butts and move forward. As a paying customer, I feel that I should have the right to know when an update will be released. I love webos and the potential, but I do not carte for the hardware. If it was not for precentral and webos internals, I think Palm's stock would be even worse.
    Funny joke.
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    we need word from casperstars friend haha
    Quote Originally Posted by 063_xobx View Post
    its just a glitch do a forums search next time

You know what ****es me off more than people who don't search the forums? People who think it is their duty to be the message board police. You know? I bet you were also that jerk in grade school that went "shhhhhhhhhhhh" every time the teacher left the classroom.
    Global Posts
    175 Global Posts
    woooo... im finally starting to get a liiiittle excited.
    i hope it drops sometime in the morning =]
    my update app can't connect. I am only on 1.3.5 so I should for sure see an update
    Not to discredit any sprint employees, but there are plenty of times when employees at sprint have been wrong due to bad information. Believe me, before the pre was released i remember loads of times employees knew nothing or were ill informed. it could be that this is the case and that someone is being told the wrong thing or wrong dates.

If you look at palms record, they have updated every month and a half or so, thus this is already a bit late, we haven't recieved an update this year yet. Last update was 1.3.5.1 which was in the end of december. Plus palm publicly anounceing an anticipated release day, then not making any public remarks about it's change doesn't make sense business wise. It would make the company look bad for telling it's people one thing and not holding up that promise, or atleast letting them know of the change. I think a lot of people are watching to see how webos evolves and the longer it takes, the harder it will be to catch up, and people will get frustrated and leave. this makes it worse for us who are webos believers because it means less users = less development. I've noticed a lot of people are waiting for this update to see how it changes webos and for the features they've been waiting for. I don't think palm wants to upset the already frustrated user base. So we shall see how this plays out. I still think before march.

>i730>i850>i870>i880>ic902>instinct>pre>HTC Arrive