View Poll Results: Who do you think is holding up the 1.4 update?

Voters
959. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sprint

118 12.30%
  • Verizon

579 60.38%
  • Palm

262 27.32%
Page 74 of 175 FirstFirst ... 24 646970717273747576777879 84 124 174 ... LastLast
Results 1,461 to 1,480 of 3481
    I'm on the West Coast and so is Palm's HQ. I am thinking West Coast times.
    what it finally makes calls wow 1.4 is a great update
    Quote Originally Posted by Chadney View Post
    I'm on the West Coast and so is Palm's HQ. I am thinking West Coast times.
    me too! right down the street from palm's HQ!
    Okay, i"ll start the unofficial complaints. Not enough improvements in the calendar.

ET
    What the pre doesn't have a projector on it? This is such a common option on phones these days that I thought it was there the whole time. I have the phone since launch but went to use it today and realized it wasn't there. How could Palm leave out such a obvious capability? They are headed for bankruptcy. /Sarcasm
    Quote Originally Posted by sillyricky View Post
    me too! right down the street from palm's HQ!
    You should just go knock on the door and see if they'll let you have the Dr. file for the new update now.
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
    I was going to create this thread. Good job! Hopefully people will use it instead of spamming the forum with whining.
    Already a place for this stuff....http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ml#post2223254

It will be open once we have something to complain about. It's locked right now to prevent just this sort of thing.
    i feel the need to throw this out again before the 1.4 storm commences.... Remember that Flash is not slated to be part of WebOS 1.4, it is a separate product coming from a separate company. We have to wait for Adobe to release that, not Palm.
    I don't want to cause any drama but coming from a inside source within sprint. The update will not be available until sometimes in March. I know I will probably get trashed for this comment but this is coming from a sprint employee who's job is to test and approve these updates before they are released
    Instead of the usual "you are up to date" message, I'm suddenly getting "1.3.5.1 is now available...".

I'm already running 1.3.5.1, which is what came with my Pre Plus when I got it a month ago. Maybe this is a just a buggy stage in the prep for 1.4
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Turbodteg View Post
    Even after a Partial Erase, I'm still getting: "application updates are now available." Does anyone know or think that this could conflict with possible 1.4 tomorrow? There was only one that needed to be updated: RadioTime, however after the update to the app, it is still showing up. I clicked on each app individually but no updates needed. I don't have preware on the phone right now either....Please help!

It's because there is an update for RadioTime. It just hasn't posted to the Pre App Catalog yet. It's in the Pixi App Catalog right now. It will be in the Pre App Catalog tomorrow or the next day. There was a mix up over the App Catalog and categories.

Doc
    I don't want to cause any drama but coming from a inside source within sprint. The update will not be available until sometimes in March. I know I will probably get trashed for this comment but this is coming from a sprint employee who's job is to test and approve these updates before they are released
    I definitely would not doubt this.
    This would be the icing on the cake. If this is the case, bye bye pre for me.
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    I just got the message to download 1.3.5.1 on my Pre Plus. I check updates every day and I already have 1.3.5.1. So strange. I hope reinstalling it doesn't mess anything up.
    anyone?
    Quote Originally Posted by dkotoric1 View Post
    if that were true i think someone at palm would say something considering they said it would be out in febuary
    Not I, I'm goin to bed.

ET
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...on-thread.html

Anticipation - Anticipation or being enthusiastic, is an emotion involving pleasure (and sometimes anxiety) in considering some expected or longed-for good event, or irritation at having to wait.

Thread
    - A thread (sometimes called a topic) is a collection of posts, usually displayed – by default – from oldest to latest, although the option for a threaded view (a tree-like view applying logical reply structure before chronological order) can be available. A thread is defined by a title, an additional description that may summarise the intended discussion, and an opening or original post (common abbreviation 'OP', which can also mean original poster) which opens whatever dialogue or makes whatever announcement the poster wished. A thread can contain any number of posts, including multiple posts from the same members, even if they are one after the other.
    I am so over this. Palm keeps everyone waiting anxiously for updates, drooling and scouring over every supposed date or time. They did this with the release of the phone and have continued since. I am really getting tired of tip calculators, helicopter games, and other bs apps. Where are the apps like google shopper, voice search, voice dialing, etc.. I want official apps for the phone that do not brick it if the phone gets updated, integration that was SUPPOSED to be on the phone when it was released, DURABILITY, etc. etc. etc.

Do not get me wrong, I think the OS is above the others UI and multi-tasking. The problem is there is no support for it and I feel it is going to be the Betamax of the 'smart phones'. Other that the Pre Plus there has not been another handset and the plus is really not all that much better than the original.

Sorry for the rant, I am just saying be happy when you get the little message stating there is an update available. Do not sit around speculating when there will be one and what it will entail.. I am over waiting Oh the next update will have video recording, flash, etc. etc. then it comes out and all that was changed was the font for charging and now the battery dies from some other memory leak, so maybe next update will have that.. They released a phone that you could not even install all the apps in the catalog because of the memory limit and how long to remove this, months! How about lubing up my pre with vaseline and shoving it up Palms rectum! Maybe then they will realize people are unhappy with the progression of their product!
    I'm waiting for 1.4 so badly...ever since Feb. 15...lol.