View Poll Results: Who do you think is holding up the 1.4 update?

Voters
959. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sprint

118 12.30%
  • Verizon

579 60.38%
  • Palm

262 27.32%
Page 67 of 175 FirstFirst ... 17 576263646566676869707172 77 117 167 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,340 of 3481
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    palm has always kept quiet on all updates...so dont be sad
    Very true. So far the times we have heard anthing about an update there has been a delay. I feel pretty good about not hearing anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by howser87 View Post
    So your a "glass half full" person on the 1.4 date?

well sunday is the last day of february which is the month that palm promised so i believe its either anytime tomorrow till sunday...lets hope...if not then
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

I guess it's tomorrow then. It kinda feels like Christmas Eve

(or it might do if I lived in the US )
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    i hope so too, though I cant remember if sprint ever had the update showing before the update came out, because as of now theres nothing there under phone updates (except for that one time they messed up). I hope its comes out tomarrow too, lets just hope huh.
    I wounder if the UI is going to be implemented with the GPU like the iphones is in the 1.4 update
  6. jmf
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    palm has always kept quiet on all updates...so dont be sad
    Don't confuse quiet with no clue. It's not like Palm is sitting on it. I would bet that deployment is waiting for programming to bail out the water and fill the holes.

jmf
    I bet this site going to be full with traffic tomorrow!
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    You know what I would like to be snuck into the update? The ability to see what IM accounts failed to sign in, or what accounts ARE signed in and what are not. Its a simple thing, but it bugs me not having it.
    It wasn't me officer, I swear.
    Severs are gonna be over loaded this evening everybody will checking for updates like crazy =D
    I iwas just watching the "Just the Facts: Palm’s Keynote at CES 2010" video and they did say thst Flash is coming out with the February update

Minute 37 to 40 if you dont want to watch the whole thing - They mentioned all the goodies on the 1.4 update
    Examples
    "greater battery life improvement" this makes me really happy!
    "flash support and video recording with editing capability"

Palm News Totally Palmed

Edit: When they said "Flash Support" they meant that you would be able to see flash videos on your Palm, not just the ability to someday see flash videos on your palm
    Last edited by zx600; 02/24/2010 at 03:26 PM.
    Just remember, "Flash Support" is a whole lot different than "Flash".

I shudder to think how many "Where is Flash?" threads we're going to have the day after the update from people who were sure Flash was baked into 1.4. :S
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
    soo according to "rumors" the update should be coming out tomorrow....
    Quote Originally Posted by vbhatt16 View Post
    actually "a rumor" by a Verizon employee.
    You must live under the worlds most comfortable rock.
    I hope this update opens up more apps for canadian palm users...we got some boring apps.....any "rumors" on this??
    I hope this update opens up more apps for canadian palm users...we got some boring apps.....any "rumors" on this??
    Maybe you'll get that 'Fantasy Culing League' app!

* fingers crossed *

Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe paid apps are coming in March for other countries.
    Quote Originally Posted by wellwellwell11 View Post
    I wounder if the UI is going to be implemented with the GPU like the iphones is in the 1.4 update
    No...Dieter said not to expect any improvements like that...I assume he's got some inside info on what 1.4 entails exactly otherwise he wouldn't have mentioned it.
    Everyone and their mom finally feel like they've reached the finish line as the 25th arrives tomorrow....for how long we've waited, does it seem plausible that it will actually arrive tomorrow? For me I will be in disbelief even as I upgrade. I actually think if this update is solid it will def confirm how bright those guys are in the PALM camp. Lets hope that's the case!
    When i see that little spinning wheel after i click install I will have tears in my eyes.