View Poll Results: Who do you think is holding up the 1.4 update?

Voters
959. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sprint

    118 12.30%
  • Verizon

    579 60.38%
  • Palm

    262 27.32%
Page 66 of 175 FirstFirst ... 16 566162636465666768697071 76 116 166 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,320 of 3481
  1. #1301  
    i hope it comes tomorrow (i know it isnt official anyways). by the way it will suck for the update to arrive at lets say 11pm or something like that.

    And those ppl talking about voice dialing, i understand how important that is for them, but for me its useless, my contacts are Hispanic with of course Latino names, and voice dialing never recognizes what i say lol... i dnt know if this can be modified but as far as i know , and the times i have tried...it hasn't worked for me.
  2. jimmyg41's Avatar
    Posts
    48 Posts
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    #1302  
    Quote Originally Posted by Spader View Post
    I bit my tongue while eating some chips just now... it must be a sign that the update is imminent.
    I just took this picture outside, I swear it's not photoshopped.

  3. #1303  
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmyg41 View Post
    I just took this picture outside, I swear it's not photoshopped.

    lmfao! That's good *****, mang.
  4. #1304  
    Quote Originally Posted by ryan9102 View Post
    1.3.5 anticipation thread only had 38 pages and 745 posts this one is at 66 pages and over 1300 posts
    1.3.5 was only announced by some folks leaking it. 1.4 was announced by Palm at a major event. I think that was a big difference.
    Your Pre wants Word Whirl from the App Catalog.

    It told me.
  5. howser87's Avatar
    Posts
    39 Posts
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    #1305  
    Quote Originally Posted by fortes89 View Post
    i hope it comes tomorrow (i know it isnt official anyways). by the way it will suck for the update to arrive at lets say 11pm or something like that.

    And those ppl talking about voice dialing, i understand how important that is for them, but for me its useless, my contacts are Hispanic with of course Latino names, and voice dialing never recognizes what i say lol... i dnt know if this can be modified but as far as i know , and the times i have tried...it hasn't worked for me.
    5 Years ago I had a phone with voice dialing, the mfg knew their dialing system was clunky. They included a feature for you to be able to record a sample for the dialing function to hear you say your contact's name, and it would use your sample as the way it should hear that name. I used it to link swear words to my friend's names at the time (what, I was 17) but it works well for hard to pronounce names also.

    I would love the feature if it ever came to the Pre, but it isn't a deal breaker for me. Without it the phone is great already.
  6. SHO_ONE's Avatar
    Posts
    179 Posts
    Global Posts
    182 Global Posts
    #1306  
    I can only hope that it's here before the 28th... A freind and I are taking our son's to a Chicago Wolves game and it would be nice to have during the game.... Update to facebook is a much antisapated feature.... Now.. if only a better facebook app would drop to go along with the 1.4 update.....
  7. #1307  
    i just hope it comes tomorrow as unofficially planned. I have found to many instances lately where i needed video recording, seeing as how my phone does everything i whipped it out only to remember crap it comes out in just a few more days!
  8. #1308  
    I just have a funny (sad) feeling that it's not going to be in February. Considering how quiet Palm has kept about this, I'm guessing it's being pushed to March.
  9. #1309  
    don't think like that^
  10. #1310  
    Quote Originally Posted by twinmoons View Post
    I just have a funny (sad) feeling that it's not going to be in February. Considering how quiet Palm has kept about this, I'm guessing it's being pushed to March.
    Hate to be the hopeful one in a thread like this, but I disagree.

    I think if it was going to be pushed back then we would have heard from Palm. As it stands, all Palm has EVER officially said was "Feburary". All the other dates have been carrier leaks.

    As long as they are still on track to deliver on their Feburary promise there is no reason for them to say anything.
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
  11. #1311  
    I have a feeling it's coming tomorrow. Lynn Fox (foxycar on Twitter) posted this on her Formspring page this morning when asked about battery life in 1.4:

    "To be honest, I don't know the official answer to this question, but I'm on 1.4 now, and my overall battery life (not just standby life) has improved. I will have to check on the official answer."

    So since she is running 1.4, that hopefully means it's coming sooner rather than later.

    http://formspring.me/foxycar
  12. #1312  
    +1
  13. #1313  
    Quote Originally Posted by QuarlesLT View Post
    I have a feeling it's coming tomorrow. Lynn Fox (foxycar on Twitter) posted this on her Formspring page this morning when asked about battery life in 1.4:

    "To be honest, I don't know the official answer to this question, but I'm on 1.4 now, and my overall battery life (not just standby life) has improved. I will have to check on the official answer."

    So since she is running 1.4, that hopefully means it's coming sooner rather than later.

    Lynn | formspring.me
    i bet shes been running 1.4 for the longest since CES...but wut she wrote doesnt signify anything it is coming tomorrow...but i still believe the rumor of tomorrow
    Juan

    2010-2011 Champions!

  14. #1314  
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    i bet shes been running 1.4 for the longest since CES...but wut she wrote doesnt signify anything it is coming tomorrow...but i still believe the rumor of tomorrow
    I'm just trying to stay optimistic... so...tomorrow! Heh.
  15. #1315  
    Quote Originally Posted by QuarlesLT View Post
    I'm just trying to stay optimistic... so...tomorrow! Heh.
    not trying to be pessimistic...just explaining that wut she said doesnt really give a clue it comes tomorrow...but like i said i have a good (optimistic) feeling its coming tomorrow...if not maybe sunday!
    Juan

    2010-2011 Champions!

  16. #1316  
    Yeah, I was the person who asked her if it was coming tomorrow, LOL. Of course she said, "maybe, maybe not..."
  17. #1317  
    Quote Originally Posted by twinmoons View Post
    I just have a funny (sad) feeling that it's not going to be in February. Considering how quiet Palm has kept about this, I'm guessing it's being pushed to March.
    You're new to this right? Palm is typically quiet about these things. This instance is about par for the course.
  18. #1318  
    Quote Originally Posted by twinmoons View Post
    I just have a funny (sad) feeling that it's not going to be in February. Considering how quiet Palm has kept about this, I'm guessing it's being pushed to March.
    palm has always kept quiet on all updates...so dont be sad
    Juan

    2010-2011 Champions!

  19. howser87's Avatar
    Posts
    39 Posts
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    #1319  
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    not trying to be pessimistic...just explaining that wut she said doesnt really give a clue it comes tomorrow...but like i said i have a good (optimistic) feeling its coming tomorrow...if not maybe sunday!
    So your a "glass half full" person on the 1.4 date?

  20. danib62's Avatar
    Posts
    160 Posts
    Global Posts
    177 Global Posts
    #1320  
    So the consensus now seems to be that 1.4 is dropping tomorrow. So what time do we think it will be? Will it at midnight or later? and if midnight, which timezone?

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions