View Poll Results: Who do you think is holding up the 1.4 update?

Voters
959. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sprint

    118 12.30%
  • Verizon

    579 60.38%
  • Palm

    262 27.32%
Page 65 of 175 FirstFirst ... 15 556061626364656667686970 75 115 165 ... LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,300 of 3481
  1. #1281  
    After an update, your phone may redownload your purchased/downloaded apps from the App Catalog. This will be automatic and just take a little time. Palm may be doing a few minor tweaks to the app storage change in 1.3.5.

    Those testing 1.4 do not get to test over the air updates, they just get a WebOS doctor, so they are not sure exactly how it will go.

    Automatic updates with patches should work, as long as you have updated to a recent version of Preware AND updated your patches.

    The OTA updates that Palm does are really pretty painless. If in doubt, hold off forcing the upgrade until to hear results from those in the forums.
    Your Pre wants Word Whirl from the App Catalog.

    It told me.
  2. Evansgw
    Evansgw's Avatar
    #1282  
    Quote Originally Posted by bruba View Post
    Hey guys, should we pick a Palm building to burn down if 1.4 doesn't hit in February, or do they only have one building....?
    The Police might come knocking on your door!!!
  3. Evansgw
    Evansgw's Avatar
    #1283  
    IF I was Palm/Sprint/Verizon I would release the update today.

    A day before the unconfirmed (new) arrival date. That would make many many people happy and greatly improve their reputation.
  4. #1284  
    Quote Originally Posted by naes007 View Post
    ...this is my first Palm and my first update
    Since this is your first update, you may not know-
    but you should remove any theme you have on the phone before updating!!

    Homebrew apps are fine (no problem keeping them!)
    If you have any Patches...well there are a few threads about that, but both Preware and WebOS Quick Install have been updated to work without the need to be removed and re-installed.
  5. #1285  
    well if I don't hear anything official from palm or sprint ... than it's probably not going to happen within the next 24hrs ... so I wouldn't hold my breath people... and if they delay it until march or even april it must be for a good reason ...i know i don't want some buggy update do any of you?
  6. #1286  
    Once this update is out i hope they start putting more weight behind the predecessor to the palm pre. Updates are great but they need to be more innovative and come out w/ pre 2 w/ better Camera, Processor and more Ram. HD space 16gb is fine 32gb would be better ;-)

    they need to make money now to stay alive and best way to do that is to push a device that goes beyond it's competitors..


    Currently using: Sprint Palm Pre and Sprint HTC EVO 4G
  7. #1287  
    Quote Originally Posted by neno23231 View Post
    where can I find missing sync
    If we knew, it wouldn't be missing...
  8. #1288  
    We all hope that Palm does _not_ announce 1.5, so that we can avoid hundreds of thousands of anticipation posts. Note to Palm: just make the next one a pleasant surprise.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
  9. #1289  
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    We all hope that Palm does _not_ announce 1.5, so that we can avoid hundreds of thousands of anticipation posts. Note to Palm: just make the next one a pleasant surprise.


    Currently using: Sprint Palm Pre and Sprint HTC EVO 4G
  10. Evansgw
    Evansgw's Avatar
    #1290  
    Quote Originally Posted by Qnzmobb View Post
    well if I don't hear anything official from palm or sprint ... than it's probably not going to happen within the next 24hrs ... so I wouldn't hold my breath people... and if they delay it until march or even april it must be for a good reason ...i know i don't want some buggy update do any of you?
    The updates are always buggy! 1.3.5.1?!?!?!!

    I'd prefer a buggy update that they patch shortly after it has been tested across many users. Anything that gets rolled out is likely to need a small update down the line.
  11. #1291  
    Quote Originally Posted by OneDeep View Post
    What's happens after the update? well you'll see threads of people complaining on what they need and what palm left out. You see threads about Flash. You see threads about people leaving. You see threads about the same crap over and over.
    LOL...you just about perfectly summed up the first 48 hours of this forum after an update.
  12. #1292  
    Originally Posted by Insp_Gadget:
    With crazy/disgruntled people flying planes into IRS-occupied buildings, and other past terror acts, I suggest you not joke about such things. There are crazy people in this world who just might take you up on the idea.

    ahh yes... The old freedom of speech bit. If you can't say stuff like this jokingly than I guess we also shouldn't be able to have forums for people to voice any thought or opinion...
  13. #1293  
    Looks like the lock monster came through and took care of some of the superfluous 1.4 threads. haha
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
  14. #1294  
    1.3.5 anticipation thread only had 38 pages and 745 posts this one is at 66 pages and over 1300 posts
  15. #1295  
    Quote Originally Posted by ryan9102 View Post
    1.3.5 anticipation thread only had 38 pages and 745 posts this one is at 66 pages and over 1300 posts
    And it would be well over 2000 posts if the mods hadn't deleted the original anticipation thread.
  16. #1296  
    What? Cool!! When is 1.5 going to be released and what will it include??

    (jk)

    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    We all hope that Palm does _not_ announce 1.5, so that we can avoid hundreds of thousands of anticipation posts. Note to Palm: just make the next one a pleasant surprise.
  17. #1297  
    Quote Originally Posted by 05typesdc5 View Post
    Once this update is out i hope they start putting more weight behind the predecessor to the palm pre. Updates are great but they need to be more innovative and come out w/ pre 2 w/ better Camera, Processor and more Ram. HD space 16gb is fine 32gb would be better ;-)

    they need to make money now to stay alive and best way to do that is to push a device that goes beyond it's competitors..
    I think you mean "successor" not "predecessor".
  18. jimmyg41's Avatar
    Posts
    48 Posts
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    #1298  
    Quote Originally Posted by howser87 View Post
    Hey I resent that statement implying that San Diego always has perfect weather and that its as unlikely for rain here as for 1.4 today.


    Unfortunately just because I resent it doesn't mean its not true. Two more days!
    Well the power went out in all of Kearny Mesa. We're running on the back up generators here at work. Must be preparing for the update.
  19. howser87's Avatar
    Posts
    39 Posts
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    #1299  
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmyg41 View Post
    Well the power went out in all of Kearny Mesa. We're running on the back up generators here at work. Must be preparing for the update.
    Ouch, SDG&E is using webOS now? I thought they were 20+ years behind the curve.
  20. #1300  
    I bit my tongue while eating some chips just now... it must be a sign that the update is imminent.
    Follow me on teh Twitterz

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions