View Poll Results: Who do you think is holding up the 1.4 update?

Voters
959. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sprint

118 12.30%
  • Verizon

579 60.38%
  • Palm

262 27.32%
Page 64 of 175 FirstFirst ... 1454596061626364656667686974114164 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,280 of 3481
    Quote Originally Posted by bruba View Post
    Hey guys, should we pick a Palm building to burn down if 1.4 doesn't hit in February, or do they only have one building....?
    With crazy/disgruntled people flying planes into IRS-occupied buildings, and other past terror acts, I suggest you not joke about such things. There are crazy people in this world who just might take you up on the idea.
    so how many threads are gonna pop with less than 24hrs to go titles in them soon?!

hopefully the eastcoast hurricane like snowstorm making it's way up won't delay any of the over air updates for us lol
    OMG I keep nightmares about Palm setting the update back to April. I run to check my phone...but never any updates. This is crazy.
    Tomorrow I'll be me again...
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    Hey guys, this is my first Palm and my first update so please bear with me. What happens when I update to 1.4? Does my phone reset back to factory settings? I am not worried about losing my contacts or emails as I use missing sync to sync to my computer. I am really concerned about all of the apps I have installed from the app store. Will I have to reinstall them? Will they automatically show back up or do I have to go back through the app store and try to find them all again?

I have tried searching for the answer but cant find what I am looking for. If someone can point me to the right post or help with the answer I would appreciate it.

By the way, I appreciate the forums here and have learned a lot about my phone over the last couple of weeks. Thanks to everyone who takes the time to figure all this stuff out! As a new Pre user I really appreciate it!!!!
    What happens after you update to 1.4? You wait for 1.4.1 of course.
    well the update is supposed to hit anytime tomorrow since everyone was guessing days before how about we guess what time and we should guess in pacific standard time since that's where Palms HQ is at I'm going to guess 6pm pst
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zmann View Post
    very easy to install a patch,,you press a button,,that's it,,you can't screw that up,,my cat can do that for gods sake.thankyou preware guys.
    But can your cat do this
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRQTekt View Post
    OMG I keep nightmares about Palm setting the update back to April. I run to check my phone...but never any updates. This is crazy.
    I think it's time for us to go to Webos rehab. I remember the old days when the update just came and there was no time frame or angry mob
    Quote Originally Posted by naes007 View Post
    What happens when I update to 1.4? Does my phone reset back to factory settings?....I am really concerned about all of the apps I have installed from the app store. Will I have to reinstall them? Will they automatically show back up or do I have to go back through the app store and try to find them all again?
    The update does just that...updates your phone. Once it's done everything will be as it was. Should your phone implode during the update you can "doctor it" back to normal and all your games and apps will either automatically copy back or you will be allowed to download for free again from the store.
    Fear not young grasshopper...
    Quote Originally Posted by naes007 View Post
    What happens when I update to 1.4? Does my phone reset back to factory settings?
    You won't lose anything as long as you don't disconnect or turn off the device while it's updating Everything will be as you left it, with some new features squeezed in here and there.

If you run a custom theme on your device, be sure to remove it before updating.
    The thread should be re-named to the "Official WebOS 1.4 Anxiety Thread" since it seems that is what's really going on in here. haha
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
    Global Posts
    752 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Insp_Gadget View Post
    With crazy/disgruntled people flying planes into IRS-occupied buildings, and other past terror acts, I suggest you not joke about such things. There are crazy people in this world who just might take you up on the idea.
    While I agree some people on this forum are crazy (and frustrated), I don't think they're THAT crazy. I find it sad people feel you shouldn't joke about this. I hate it how the media makes it seem like everybody's crazy - yes, it could be your neighbor too! ...
    What's happens after the update? well you'll see threads of people complaining on what they need and what palm left out. You see threads about Flash. You see threads about people leaving. You see threads about the same crap over and over.
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AtomicAgeZombie View Post
    What happens after you update to 1.4? You wait for 1.4.1 of course.
    then it will be 1.4.5.1 lol
    well said...
    I say anytime after 6pm est, that is if this is not just another rumor gone bad
    Global Posts
    209 Global Posts
    where can I find missing sync
    Quote Originally Posted by neno23231 View Post
    where can I find missing sync
    Wha? I think you clicked the wrong thread.
    the Rapture.