View Poll Results: Who do you think is holding up the 1.4 update?

Voters
959. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sprint

118 12.30%
  • Verizon

579 60.38%
  • Palm

262 27.32%
Page 62 of 175 FirstFirst ... 1252575859606162636465666772112162 ... LastLast
Results 1,221 to 1,240 of 3481
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozmodiar View Post
    I must be the only person on earth who doesn't care AT ALL about voice dialing...
    you clearly dont own a toyota!
    lol get it? braking issues............lol

I'm here all night folks!
    Quote Originally Posted by RickNY View Post
    Well, if youre in a state where handsfree cell phone use in a car is required and you frequntly use the phone in the car with say a bluetooth headset, you can see why its important to a lot of people.

In my case I do have an alternative -- my 2010 Nissan Frontier does have a bluetooth phone system -- however, due to Palm's buggy bluetooth stack, it does not integrate properly into the system. So until Palm fixes their issues in THAT area and Nissan certifies it as an approved phone, people like me have to sit there and fumble around with a touchscreen while trying to drive. For me this isnt too bad -- I do have a vehicle mount, and the most common numbers I dial I have on speed dials -- but still, it would be a LOT better being able to hit the button on the side of the bluetooth headset and just say who I want to call.
    Are you sure it's the bluetooth stack on the Pre? I have Ford Sync and the the bluetooth connection between my Palm Pre Plus and vehicle is better than it was on a Win Mo 6.1 device, BB Curve and Storm as well as an Droid Eris. So it may be the bluetooth stack on the Nissan. Can you update the bluetooth system on your truck?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozmodiar View Post
    I must be the only person on earth who doesn't care AT ALL about voice dialing...
    Trust me, i don't give two hoots either

Quote Originally Posted by Spader View Post
    I don't care about voice dialing either... but I would like for them to open up mic access in the official SDK so we can stop having 3 or 4 "where's Shazzam?" threads every week. haha
    A developer has stated his app will allow voice activation features shortly after the update, presumably meaning the mic API will be available, bring on shazam!
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    It rained in San Diego yesterday. I think 1.4 will be out tonight, true story.
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmyg41 View Post
    It rained in San Diego yesterday. I think 1.4 will be out tonight, true story.
    Hey I resent that statement implying that San Diego always has perfect weather and that its as unlikely for rain here as for 1.4 today.

Unfortunately just because I resent it doesn't mean its not true. Two more days!
    Quote Originally Posted by howser87 View Post
    Hey I resent that statement implying that San Diego always has perfect weather and that its as unlikely for rain here as for 1.4 today.
    It's true though! SD does always have perfect weather....ask Lewis Black. He'll tell you. Regardless, it would still be nice to see a certain update tonight....
    I'm actually a little annoyed considering that the update is ready and PALMs stocks are spiraling downward....it's sorta like watching your house catch on fire and ur just standing outside with a bucket of water watching it burn....guaranteed there are people that will not buy the Pre today or tomorrow based upon it's lack of video recording. I know for some it wouldn't matter but there are people that want that option....as well as make calls. Someone made the comment that Rome wasn't built in a day.....well Rome also didn't have a large nation (AT&T) spending a crap load of money to bury you. WebOS is beyond great...and the Pre is pretty decent too.....but the truth of the matter is that were a mom and pop store up against Walmart. I'm rooting for the underdog because I believe WebOS is better than the Iphone OS...it just needs the hardware to back it up and it'll survive. Main point: PALM needs to be aggressive with these updates until their saviour phone is built.
    Last edited by showmrock; 02/23/2010 at 07:38 PM.
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by trevgriff View Post
    Are you sure it's the bluetooth stack on the Pre?

Its definitely the BT stack on the Pre. I also have a work-issued Blackberry Tour 9630 and it works flawlessly on the Nissan system. (It also is on Nissans approved phone list). The Pre, while it will pair with the system, does have an issue with downloading its phonebook to the system (it only sends over 3 contacts). WebOS 1.2 corrected these issues -- but the next update after that broke them again.
    Yeah palm needs this update to be a winner. If it does eventually come and it has issues it will just add fuel to the fire. All I'm waiting for is improvements in speed.
    There are plenty of people that don't care about voice dialing (including me). I'm most interested in finding out what improvements, if any, are made in calendar.

ET
    Quote Originally Posted by syphex View Post
    Yeah palm needs this update to be a winner. If it does eventually come and it has issues it will just add fuel to the fire. All I'm waiting for is improvements in speed.
    You are waiting for a future update/2.0 then. This update won't do much as far as speed besides javascript performance updates. Hang in there, by the end of the year (hopefully) it should be running smoothly
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eguy View Post
    You are waiting for a future update/2.0 then. This update won't do much as far as speed besides javascript performance updates. Hang in there, by the end of the year (hopefully) it should be running smoothly
    Yeah I'm trying. I like the phone a lot and waited like 2 years for it to come out. I was just hoping Palm would have more to offer at this point. But again I'm happy so far with it
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by showmrock View Post
    I'm actually a little annoyed considering that the update is ready and PALMs stocks are spiraling downward....it's sorta like watching your house catch on fire and ur just standing outside with a bucket of water watching it burn....guaranteed there are people that will not buy the Pre today or tomorrow based upon it's lack of video recording. I know for some it wouldn't matter but there are people that want that option....as well as make calls. Someone made the comment that Rome wasn't built in a day.....well Rome also didn't have a large nation (AT&T) spending a crap load of money to bury you. WebOS is beyond great...and the Pre is pretty decent too.....but the truth of the matter is that were a mom and pop store up against Walmart. I'm rooting for the underdog because I believe WebOS is better than the Iphone OS...it just needs the hardware to back it up and it'll survive. Main point: PALM needs to be aggressive with these updates until their saviour phone is built.
    C40?

I dunno, I get a new phone every year or so, if I had jumped on the Pre at launch 6 months from now I would be looking for a new phone. As is I love the Pre, it reminds me a bit of the Playstation2 though. Hardware too advanced for the software to catch up. Except for the processor (which isn't so much of a hurdle imo) this phone is state of the art, admittedly I am speaking of my Pre Plus with 512 ram.
    Is palm really relying on this update to save its falling stock prices? Are they expecting the features it adds to the OS (flash, video recording, ect...) to bring in more customers? Are they expecting a plethora of new apps to become available after the update and that will bring in the new customers. I'd say the average smart phone customer doesn't care about this update and probably doesn't care too much about this phone right now. What Palm needs is an aggressive ad campaign and a launch on every major carrier they can convince to pick up the Pre and Pixi.
    ~Jhoove09
    Sprint|Palm Pre
    AT&T|Palm Pre 2
    Quit trolling and go buy an Android.
    My Twitter Account
    My Themes

Feel free to AIM or SKYPE me.
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoove09 View Post
    Is palm really relying on this update to save its falling stock prices? Are they expecting the features it adds to the OS (flash, video recording, ect...) to bring in more customers? Are they expecting a plethora of new apps to become available after the update and that will bring in the new customers. I'd say the average smart phone customer doesn't care about this update and probably doesn't care too much about this phone right now. What Palm needs is an aggressive ad campaign and a launch on every major carrier they can convince to pick up the Pre and Pixi.
    No.. Who said they were? A bunch of whiny pre-centralers that are nothing but impatient. As far as Palm is concerned, this is nothing more than an incremental maintenance update of their software. Give it a rest people -- its a damn phone.
    No.. Who said they were? A bunch of whiny pre-centralers that are nothing but impatient. As far as Palm is concerned, this is nothing more than an incremental maintenance update of their software. Give it a rest people -- its a damn phone.
    1) why be insulting to people who simply express a different point of view? They have caused you no harm.

2) Why is 'patience' so valued to you? It was IMPATIENCE that had the U.S. coming in first in the race to the moon. Thank God, the U.S. was impatient enough to beat the Germans to the A-Bomb. The PATIENT man would still have the Pony Express and asked the founder of Fed Ex "what's your hurry? That business plan will never work!"

No, while I am not all shaken up about the timing of this release, I am thankful that our country is populated with so many "impatient" people.

Relax. You don't have to be impatient. But, you don't have to be insulting either. I, for one, prefer impatience over insulting
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rlee2001 View Post
    Why is 'patience' so valued to you? It was IMPATIENCE that had the U.S. coming in first in the race to the moon. Thank God, the U.S. was impatient enough to beat the Germans to the A-Bomb. The PATIENT man would still have the Pony Express and asked the founder of Fed Ex "what's your hurry? That business plan will never work!"
    Let me redirect you to the last piece of my previous post: Its a phone.
    Let me redirect you to the last piece of my previous post: Its a phone.
    This is a message board built completely around that "phone". Expect people to have different levels of excitement about any number of aspects of that "phone".

Why insult those that have a higher degree of excitement as regards this update of that "phone"?

Seems like this website puts in a LOT of effort to discuss this "phone".
    Well, I myself am a stock webOS user. I don't really understand homebrew and patches and I have nightmares about messing something up with the internals by not installing or uninstalling those things right. I would LOVE it if Palm added some of the patches to an update as options. Here's a question for the tech-junkies out there. How hard would it be to incorporate the patches you write for the pre into an application where they can be can be turned on and off whenever I feel like changing things?
    ~Jhoove09
    Sprint|Palm Pre
    AT&T|Palm Pre 2
    Quit trolling and go buy an Android.
    My Twitter Account
    My Themes

Feel free to AIM or SKYPE me.
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoove09 View Post
    Here's a question for the tech-junkies out there. How hard would it be to incorporate the patches you write for the pre into an application where they can be can be turned on and off whenever I feel like changing things?
    good idea. i think they should name it preware.