View Poll Results: Who do you think is holding up the 1.4 update?

Voters
959. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sprint

118 12.30%
  • Verizon

579 60.38%
  • Palm

262 27.32%
Page 61 of 175 FirstFirst ... 1151565758596061626364656671111161 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,220 of 3481
    Darn you Palm/Sprint/Verizon/whoever else is holding this up! If I had video recording on my Pre I could have made a video of the snow here in AUSTIN FREAKING TEXAS!!! Guess I'll just have to bust out my LG Rumor which records video and has voice dialing although I guess voice dialing doesn't matter in this situation but still.
    Quote Originally Posted by lightmagick View Post
    Darn you Palm/Sprint/Verizon/whoever else is holding this up! If I had video recording on my Pre I could have made a video of the snow here in AUSTIN FREAKING TEXAS!!! Guess I'll just have to bust out my LG Rumor which records video and has voice dialing although I guess voice dialing doesn't matter in this situation but still.
    If voice dialling and video was THAT important to you, then you wouldn't have bought a Pre, would you? Or did you buy it with your eyes closed?

And if it WAS that important, then you'd have 'busted out' your LG Rumor long before now. The fact that you haven't indicates it's not that important.

And I know what snow looks like. It probably looks the same in Austin, Texas as it does everywhere else :@)
    Last edited by tazandpig; 02/23/2010 at 03:27 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by tazandpig View Post
    If voice dialling and video was THAT important to you, then you wouldn't have bought a Pre, would you? Or did you buy it with your eyes closed?

And if it WAS that important, then you'd have 'busted out' your LG Rumor long before now. The fact that you haven't indicates it's not that important.

And I know what snow looks like. It probably looks the same in Austin, Texas as it does everywhere else :@)
    Ouch that kinda stings. For the most part I was joking I guess I should have added a disclaimer saying *Note Massive Sarcasm* But really I was hoping that since features like video recording and voice dialing are kind of expected now that they would add them some time soon after release of the Pre and in the tech world 8 months is not soon. And if you aren't from Austin, TX you probably see snow a lot more than I do. I'm just saying I would have liked a video of it I'm not a dueche who posts a thousand videos on youtube that are completely pointless I wanted it for posterity.
    Ouch that kinda stings. For the most part I was joking I guess I should added a disclaimer saying *Note Massive Sarcasm* But really I was hoping that since features like video recording and voice dialing are kind of expected now that they would add them some time soon after release of the Pre and in the tech world 8 months is not soon.
    Ha! I was being sarcastic too.

Like you, I'm also kind of disappointed. But it's no big deal. Unlike some on here, I'm patient and don't mind waiting until video recording and voice dialling arrives.

In the event that it doesn't, or turns out to be rubbish, then so be it. But I don't think I'll be supporting Palm for much longer afterwards.
    I must be the only person on earth who doesn't care AT ALL about voice dialing...
    I got the sarcasem,,you were just venting,I get it. Some people are just a bit to defensive.
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    Ouch that kinda stings. For the most part I was joking I guess I should have added a disclaimer saying *Note Massive Sarcasm* But really I was hoping that since features like video recording and voice dialing are kind of expected now that they would add them some time soon after release of the Pre and in the tech world 8 months is not soon. And if you aren't from Austin, TX you probably see snow a lot more than I do. I'm just saying I would have liked a video of it I'm not a dueche who posts a thousand videos on youtube that are completely pointless I wanted it for posterity.
    I understand what you mean here, I live in San Diego, CA if it ever snowed here I wouldn't want to miss video taping it either.

As a side note, that I have heard voice dialing wont be in the 1.4 update. Please correct me if I am wrong, I would love voice dialing.
    Quote Originally Posted by tazandpig View Post
    Ha! I was being sarcastic too.

Like you, I'm also kind of disappointed. But it's no big deal. Unlike some on here, I'm patient and don't mind waiting until video recording and voice dialling arrives.

In the event that it doesn't, or turns out to be rubbish, then so be it. But I don't think I'll be supporting Palm for much longer afterwards.
    Yeah every time I hear a rumour about palm being purchased by nokia or some other company I'm kinda hoping it will because then they will have more resources to make the pre as good as it should have been at launch but of course if they got bought out the pre would probably get shelved anyway. And as far as being patient goes we aren't supposed to be patient here this is the Anticipation thread.
    Last edited by lightmagick; 02/23/2010 at 03:42 PM. Reason: grammar still not perfect though
    Quote Originally Posted by howser87 View Post
    I understand what you mean here, I live in San Diego, CA if it ever snowed here I wouldn't want to miss video taping it either.

As a side note, that I have heard voice dialing wont be in the 1.4 update. Please correct me if I am wrong, I would love voice dialing.
    Oh sorry didn't mean to say it was going to be in 1.4 voice dialing is just something I'm waiting for mainly because the contacts list is jacked up and difficult to use. But I heard that there was something about voice dialing coming soon but of course thats probably just a rumour too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozmodiar View Post
    I must be the only person on earth who doesn't care AT ALL about voice dialing...
    I don't care about it either.

I just want the video recorder
    I'm

patiently

antici..... pating.
    That makes two of us, I never liked it and will not use it even if palm provided it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiddlekins View Post
    You cannot set up a new WebOS device without a Palm Profile
    You can use the WebOS Internals Meta Doctor to set up a device without a Palm Profile. You won't have access to the app catalog or palm backups, but in your hypothetical scenario those are no longer there anyway.

You would definitely still have access to Preware, and that site has a backup on a completely different continent.

-- Rod
    The only thing that would attract me is the use of voice activation in games and such.
    Quote Originally Posted by Demlor View Post
    The only thing that would attract me is the use of voice activation in games and such.
    now THAT would be nice...
    Global Posts
    262 Global Posts
    There are people that use hands free set ups that find voice dialing a convenient feature. Voice dialing , voice recognition, and voice to text, have alot to offer in integrating computer/smart phone operations with every day life activities. The sooner industry starts to include these features, the sooner innovation is developed in the field of voice interface computing. Where is your inner geek?
    Quote Originally Posted by MKTrek View Post
    Today I have noticed that i am not getting the fake you have app updates message when you check for webos update. Not sure why just an observation.
    I just checked mine and I'm still getting that message

I'm jealous that you aren't!
    I don't care about voice dialing either... but I would like for them to open up mic access in the official SDK so we can stop having 3 or 4 "where's Shazzam?" threads every week. haha
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    Well, if youre in a state where handsfree cell phone use in a car is required and you frequntly use the phone in the car with say a bluetooth headset, you can see why its important to a lot of people.

In my case I do have an alternative -- my 2010 Nissan Frontier does have a bluetooth phone system -- however, due to Palm's buggy bluetooth stack, it does not integrate properly into the system. So until Palm fixes their issues in THAT area and Nissan certifies it as an approved phone, people like me have to sit there and fumble around with a touchscreen while trying to drive. For me this isnt too bad -- I do have a vehicle mount, and the most common numbers I dial I have on speed dials -- but still, it would be a LOT better being able to hit the button on the side of the bluetooth headset and just say who I want to call.
    Quote Originally Posted by RickNY View Post
    Well, if youre in a state where handsfree cell phone use in a car is required and you frequntly use the phone in the car with say a bluetooth headset, you can see why its important to a lot of people.

In my case I do have an alternative -- my 2010 Nissan Frontier does have a bluetooth phone system -- however, due to Palm's buggy bluetooth stack, it does not integrate properly into the system. So until Palm fixes their issues in THAT area and Nissan certifies it as an approved phone, people like me have to sit there and fumble around with a touchscreen while trying to drive. For me this isnt too bad -- I do have a vehicle mount, and the most common numbers I dial I have on speed dials -- but still, it would be a LOT better being able to hit the button on the side of the bluetooth headset and just say who I want to call.
    I also live in a state that requires hands free cell use. I would greatly appreciate voice dialing, voice recognition and voice to text. It is a hassle fumbling with the phone while driving.