View Poll Results: Who do you think is holding up the 1.4 update?

Voters
959. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sprint

    118 12.30%
  • Verizon

    579 60.38%
  • Palm

    262 27.32%
Page 6 of 175 FirstFirst 1234567891011 16 56 106 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 120 of 3481
  1. kd0axs's Avatar
    Posts
    282 Posts
    Global Posts
    751 Global Posts
    #101  
    Quote Originally Posted by TheIowaKid View Post
    I do think that Palm is really doing a bad thing by not squashing a rumor that has got this out of hand.
    What exactly is "out of hand"? Sure, it seems to be a big deal here but we are just talking about a few people on a forum that represents a tiny percentage of WebOS users. Most WebOS users don't know or care that a 1.4 update is coming. They won't know about it until they get the automatic update.
  2. #102  
    I dont think washington would play around with our emotions
  3. #103  
    Thinking about it, I doubt palm employees had off for President's Day.
  4. #104  
    8:55 PM Hector: is WEB OS 1.4 the latest update?
    8:55 PM Simon: It is not released yet.
    8:55 PM Hector: wasnt it released today?
    8:56 PM Simon: No.
    8:57 PM Hector: oooh. i thought that i was having problems with the network. because i would get this message " unable to connect . try again later" so i thought that i wasnt getting this new update
    8:57 PM Simon: I’m sorry for any trouble this may have caused.
    8:57 PM Simon: You will get a message when the update is released.
  5. #105  
    One additional thought...

    If the update comes with the video recorder, would it include some sort of directions for using it, or will the video recorder possibly be an app that is launched simultaneously with the os update?

    probably been answered, but it seems there'd be a bit of a learning curve for people, and just adding it to the applications on your phone without detailed instructions would seem odd.
  6. #106  
    Quote Originally Posted by kd0axs View Post
    What exactly is "out of hand"? Sure, it seems to be a big deal here but we are just talking about a few people on a forum that represents a tiny percentage of WebOS users. Most WebOS users don't know or care that a 1.4 update is coming. They won't know about it until they get the automatic update.

    30,000 views is more than a few people. Don't kid yourself. And those people that are not aware of the update are the same people that would drop this phone in a heartbeat for something better, and do. Its phone ADD. The people that are upset are the loyalist that Palm needs. Mike had a good point about pushing the fault on the carriers which is a possibility, though I dont believe it. There is no reason that I could see why a carrier would want to wait on pushing something to a device that can only make it more marketable. Im not trying to start a blame game or an arguement, Im just saying its a bit disheartening. I switched carriers and platforms for this device because I believe in WebOS but they really need to be aggressive in keeping the very short attention spans of consumers.
  7. Spunks3's Avatar
    Posts
    127 Posts
    Global Posts
    173 Global Posts
    #107  
    we will get it some time this month, i want it just as much as the next person but palm never confirmed that email which said it was coming the 15th... they did say it was coming sometime in feb and so far they are doin good for the smaller company they are
  8. #108  
    Quote Originally Posted by vincenzo View Post
    One additional thought...

    If the update comes with the video recorder, would it include some sort of directions for using it, or will the video recorder possibly be an app that is launched simultaneously with the os update?

    probably been answered, but it seems there'd be a bit of a learning curve for people, and just adding it to the applications on your phone without detailed instructions would seem odd.
    I think there's just gonna be a toggle in the Camera app to switch between still photos and videos. Palm demoed it in their CES keynote.
  9. #109  
    Quote Originally Posted by balderson View Post
    I think there's just gonna be a toggle in the Camera app to switch between still photos and videos. Palm demoed it in their CES keynote.
    i thought it had the little editing suite as well, so you can trim and upload..
  10. Gurujin's Avatar
    Posts
    10 Posts
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    #110  
    My experience with the Palm online Chat rep:
    (Eastern Standard Time, Cleveland, OH)

    12:26 AM Vinnie: Thank you for contacting Palm. My name is Vinnie.
    12:26 AM Richard Jung: Hi Vinnie
    12:27 AM Richard Jung: there has been much anticipation as to a release of a new WebOS update.
    12:27 AM Vinnie: I understand that you want to know about the 1.4.1 release.
    12:27 AM Vinnie: Well,as of now there is no official release about the WebOS 1.4.1.
    12:27 AM Vinnie: Once it is released it will be automatically installed on to your device over the air.
    12:28 AM Richard Jung: what kind of new features will it have?
    12:29 AM Vinnie: We,have not received any information about the features that are in the update,so we have no information about it.

    Did I miss something? Are we anticipating a 1.4.1 release?

    Interesting...
  11. #111  
    Quote Originally Posted by TheIowaKid View Post
    30,000 views is more than a few people
    Well, I think this raises a very interesting question ... how many unique users make up those 30,000 views? How many unique users does PreCentral have? And what is the total number of webOS device users out there?

    Most webOS users don't follow forums like this. I personally know several other Pre users who get their info from me and not this (or any other) site. They had no clue that video recording was coming out with the next update, they had no clue about CES and Palm's announcement.

    As for saying these are the people who switch to other phones you're right, but the vast majority would never switch until their contract is up, which is six months to 18 months away -- that leaves Palm plenty of time to push more updates out to "sell" them to stay with Palm.
  12. #112  
    Quote Originally Posted by Gurujin View Post
    Did I miss something? Are we anticipating a 1.4.1 release?
    Well, it certainly could be, we have not really seen an exact incremental release by version number. Which to me is good!! That means that there are releases that are developed that don't get pushed to us because of issues that caused Palm to not deploy it.
  13. #113  
    Dude, I think most Pre owners at least know this forum exists. Even the Sprint employee where I go knows about this place.
  14. #114  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey47 View Post
    I personally know several other Pre users who get their info from me and not this (or any other) site. They had no clue that video recording was coming out with the next update, they had no clue about CES and Palm's announcement.
    I've given more information to sprint store employees about the pre than sprint does.
  15. kd0axs's Avatar
    Posts
    282 Posts
    Global Posts
    751 Global Posts
    #115  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey47 View Post
    Well, I think this raises a very interesting question ... how many unique users make up those 30,000 views? How many unique users does PreCentral have? And what is the total number of webOS device users out there?

    Most webOS users don't follow forums like this. I personally know several other Pre users who get their info from me and not this (or any other) site. They had no clue that video recording was coming out with the next update, they had no clue about CES and Palm's announcement.

    As for saying these are the people who switch to other phones you're right, but the vast majority would never switch until their contract is up, which is six months to 18 months away -- that leaves Palm plenty of time to push more updates out to "sell" them to stay with Palm.
    That's exactly my point...yes, 30,000 views is a lot but how many of those views are from the same people looking at the thread multiple times? Even if it was 30,000 different people looking at the thread, that's still a very small percentage of total WebOS users.

    According to the user list, there are currently 75,894 users registered on P|C. That's still a small percentage of WebOS users.

    http://forums.precentral.net/members/list/
  16. #116  
    3 minutes to end 2/15 central time
  17. #117  
    It's 10:01 PM in Palm time. I'm losing faith.
  18. #118  
    you and me both
  19. #119  
    i bet the guys from webos internal can make this update in just one nite!!!
  20. #120  
    I'm going to go ahead and blame James Cameron and his "Avatar" game for the holdup. they forced the hard working palm techs to add that to the catalog instead of sending us 1.4.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions