View Poll Results: Who do you think is holding up the 1.4 update?

Voters
959. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sprint

118 12.30%
  • Verizon

579 60.38%
  • Palm

262 27.32%
Page 58 of 175 FirstFirst ... 848535455565758596061626368108158 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,160 of 3481
    Quote Originally Posted by laelipoo View Post
    Something tells me that was a BIG HONKING CLUE.

*crosses fingers*
    Lol I didn't get the reason for his post until you made me read it again. :'D

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Preware 0.9.27 & Package Manager Service 0.9.36 have been released - you *really* *should* update to these versions soon.

-- Rod
    "Soon" as in by tonight, or Thursday? Just updated mine...
    Been all over the www for WebOS 1.4 411. the best guesses seem to be here!
    Global Posts
    175 Global Posts
    Preware 0.9.27 & Package Manager Service 0.9.36 have been released - you *really* *should* update to these versions soon.

-- Rod
    i just saw a similar post by u in the apology thread... by the time i see this one (<2minutes later)my phone is rebooting after update
    hint taken

edit: soon by thursday or tonight??
    Quote Originally Posted by IcerC View Post
    Lol I didn't get the reason for his post until you made me read it again. :'D
    From what I gleaned from the now-closed thread, something in ACTUAL 1.4, not the OTA, messed with either Preware or the PMS. Possibly to do with recognizing the patches. So now there's an update. That we 'need to update really soon'.

Logic says that 1.4 might be out tomorrow and I would say by Thursday for sure.

-- Rod
    Thanks

Updated 2 Pre's... awaiting...

Sprint Pre- Meta-Doctor 2.1.0 w/Flash

Everything is Amazing & Nobody is Happy, "People with their mobile phones, "uh... oh... it won't..."... GIVE IT A SECOND... IT'S GOING TO SPACE!" Louis C.K.
    LOL! Hilarious a wager thread.
    ORIGINAL HANDSPRING TREO USER! I ROCKED IT WITH PRIDE!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by laelipoo View Post
    From what I gleaned from the now-closed thread, something in ACTUAL 1.4, not the OTA, messed with either Preware or the PMS. Possibly to do with recognizing the patches.
    The Preware and Package Manager Service updates were not related to the installation or removal of AUPT patches (and even if they were, you can still use WebOS Quick Install to update the patches), and the bugs that were fixed and improvements that were made are relevant to the current webOS version.

The main reason for the haste is that there was a bug in the update routine where if Javascript garbage collection happened at the wrong time, the package feed update functionality would hang. With lots of people updating lots of packages for a webOS version update happening sometime in the future, the slight chance of that hitting people increases due to the large number of people involved, so we want to reduce that chance to as close to zero as we can before that happens.

BTW, WebOS Internals has no more information than anyone else about when a new version of webOS will finally hit (or in fact what the exact version number will be of the next release) ...

-- Rod
    Last edited by rwhitby; 02/22/2010 at 11:15 PM.
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Global Posts
    175 Global Posts
    The Preware and Package Manager Service updates were not related to the installation or removal of AUPT patches (and even if they were, you can still use WebOS Quick Install to update the patches), and the bugs that were fixed and improvements that were made are relevant to the current webOS version.

The main reason for the haste is that there was a bug in the update routine where if Javascript garbage collection happened at the wrong time, the package feed update functionality would hang. With lots of people updating lots of packages for a webOS version update happening sometime in the future, the slight chance of that hitting people increases due to the large number of people involved, so we want to reduce that chance to as close to zero as we can before that happens.

BTW, WebOS Internals has no more information than anyone else about when a new version of webOS will finally hit (or in fact what the exact version number will be of the next release) ...

-- Rod

just got virtually blue balled
    thanks rodd... but seriously thanks for all the hard work
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Since WebOS will get Flash by this summer, using an arbitrarily hasty extrapolation and a glance at my crystal ball, my bets would be that we'd be at 1.5.2 by that time.
    Thanks for this useful info
    I am desperate . . .
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    I feel you Icaro. I'm waiting for 1.4 so I can plug back in all the tweaks and stuff. I have a refurbed Pre since the one I originally got with Sprint was stolen when I forgot it next to a college workstation for two hours :@

I paid $100 to the insurance company and got the refurbished one in 2 days. Surprisingly, the refurbished one works better! The slide mechanism feels snappier and the charging port and back cover open up 10 times more easily.
    Quote Originally Posted by Apollo2X View Post
    I feel you Icaro. I'm waiting for 1.4 so I can plug back in all the tweaks and stuff. I have a refurbed Pre since the one I originally got with Sprint was stolen when I forgot it next to a college workstation for two hours :@

I paid $100 to the insurance company and got the refurbished one in 2 days. Surprisingly, the refurbished one works better! The slide mechanism feels snappier and the charging port and back cover open up 10 times more easily.
    ya know its funny i had 2 refurbished phones from sprint in the past that both worked better then the brand new ones i had. Yet my friend is now on his 7th phone in like 6 months or so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaikh View Post
    One day down, 3 to go!
    Just wondering, where did everyone get the idea that it's coming out on Thursday? I agree that it is a good guess, but does anyone know if it's true based on actual leaks/information?

-- Rod
    Just checked my preware and it shows 0.9.21, and does NOT show an update as being available. Similarly it shows package manager 0.9.34, with no update.

Just checked all my feeds, and all are turned on.

Should not make any difference, but I am in Canada.

Any ideas as to what is wrong?

Thanks
    Global Posts
    300 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by walamoonbeam View Post
    Just wondering, where did everyone get the idea that it's coming out on Thursday? I agree that it is a good guess, but does anyone know if it's true based on actual leaks/information?
    From this here article!

http://www.precentral.net/webos-14-arrive-feb-25th
    Quote Originally Posted by aharmsworth View Post
    Just checked my preware and it shows 0.9.21, and does NOT show an update as being available. Similarly it shows package manager 0.9.34, with no update.

Thanks
    A while back the same thing happend to me, I would open preware and not see the update for newer versions. I fixed this problem by updating my webOSQI to the lastest version and reinstalled Preware and PMS through the newer version of webOSQI.
    Quote Originally Posted by aharmsworth View Post

Thanks
    The most common cause of this is using an old version of WebOS Quick Install - you should be using version 3.01 ...

The second most common cause is if the Package Manager Service was not installed properly. Reinstall it with WebOS Quick install 3.01 ...

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    I know we don't need to delete patches/apps anymore before the update, but I also like to start clean and fresh. The problem is, I do a full erase on my pre and when it restarts, the apps are automatically being put back on..even some I deleted BEFORE the erase. So my phone went to see the doc. I still have the apps on there. My question is: am i doing something wrong? not using the correct doc (it's the current version, the one that just came out)? or am I missing a step?
    thanks in advance.