View Poll Results: Who do you think is holding up the 1.4 update?

Voters
959. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sprint

118 12.30%
  • Verizon

579 60.38%
  • Palm

262 27.32%
Page 55 of 175 FirstFirst ... 545505152535455565758596065105155 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,100 of 3481
    Quote Originally Posted by Demlor View Post
    He was the 1,000 poster, Craig deleted a bunch of posts
    lol I stated I was 1000th reply at the beginning bud but thank you for letting me know the 1000th post and the medal that was given out for it
    Last edited by showmrock; 02/22/2010 at 02:36 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by msaid View Post
    I think you may have

If you believe a forum hierarchy exists, then good fellow go play in traffic please.
    I'm playing in internet traffic... Does that count?

But seriously, alot of us have built up reputations for being helpful. Post count really doesn't matter too much. But seeing someone's first contribution to Precentral being a worthless rant makes us think you just signed up to complain.
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    I'm playing in internet traffic... Does that count?

But seriously, alot of us have built up reputations for being helpful. Post count really doesn't matter too much. But seeing someone's first contribution to Precentral being a worthless rant makes us think you just signed up to complain.
    100% agree.
    I think the only reason anyone pointed out that you only have 1 post is that it's a pretty common troll tactic for people to make a junk user account on a forum for a product they don't like, and bash it. It's called hit and run and I have to say that is what it looked like you were doing. Nobody cares how many posts you have. Even if you had 12 you would have been much better off.
    Quote Originally Posted by voodoochild View Post
    I think the only reason anyone pointed out that you only have 1 post is that it's a pretty common troll tactic for people to make a junk user account on a forum for a product they don't like, and bash it. It's called hit and run and I have to say that is what it looked like you were doing. Nobody cares how many posts you have. Even if you had 12 you would have been much better off.
    +1 you have one post and you bash people who are trying to help everyone else figure out when it's going to be released. none of them said hey this is the exact date and time, they just simply said hey, from the info i have this is what i think will be the release date..

Currently using: Sprint Palm Pre and Sprint HTC EVO 4G
    Global Posts
    300 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by halfman15 View Post
    So, when you remove everything with the erp, themes, etc,.. Is there a way to put everything back on at the same time. i think I screwed my pre up. I can't do the 4x4 or 5x5 icon spread. Gives me an ipk error i believe. I can't install anything anymore because I didn't take the theme off before the last update. Help please
    Haha, I did the exact same thing. Well not quite exact... i Doctored my phone without taking the theme off but i had the same issues.

What I did to fix it was I connected my pre to the computer with the USB ran Quick Install Click on Tool>Themer>Remove theme. And for the patches run the EPR.

Hope that helps!

P.S. your lucky you where the 1000th post, i was curious to see who/what that post was haha
    Maybe this update is taking so long to put out because they are trying to include some version of Flash. It's just a dream, but it would be nice.
    I'm actually tired of seeing this.
    I had the same problem. I did webosdoctor and reinstalled everything add the false updates went away.
    I accidentally 1.4
    Quote Originally Posted by krispy521 View Post
    I had the same problem. I did webosdoctor and reinstalled everything add the false updates went away.
    I feel like doing that, but I wasn't sure if it was going to work so I didn't bother.
    I might do it today, it would pass some time.
    Thanks.
    I can see the front page now on Feb.24th....... "Inside tip 1.4 to launch on the 28th"

I feel like doing that, but I wasn't sure if it was going to work so I didn't bother.
    I might do it today, it would pass some time.
    Thanks.
    Don't do it Demlor - I did a Full Erase and then doctored my Pre to get rid of the false updates and they were still there after I set up my phone, even before I enabled Developer mode let alone installed Preware.

I'm convinced it's an issue on Palm's servers rather than our handsets.
    Quote Originally Posted by SqyArc View Post
    Don't do it Demlor - I did a Full Erase and then doctored my Pre to get rid of the false updates and they were still there after I set up my phone, even before I enabled Developer mode let alone installed Preware.

I'm convinced it's an issue on Palm's servers rather than our handsets.
    It worked for me. Even after I installed preware and added my patches and themes. It hasn't failed yet.
    Thats what I thought too.
    But I'm getting really annoyed with it.
    It's like a nagging baby that won't go away.
    Lol.
    Thats what I thought too.
    But I'm getting really annoyed with it.
    It's like a nagging baby that won't go away.
    Lol.
    I love a fresh install anyway. Its a good opertunity to clean up and get ready for the next update. BTW, I am using the last webosdoctor before the 1.3.5 update so maybe thats why it works for me. The only bad thing is that I had to do the 1.3.5 update again.
    Quote Originally Posted by krispy521 View Post
    I love a fresh install anyway. Its a good opertunity to clean up and get ready for the next update. BTW, I am using the last webosdoctor before the 1.3.5 update so maybe thats why it works for me. The only bad thing is that I had to do the 1.3.5 update again.
    True that.
    I'm using the latest version of doctor.
    I'll first try doing it with the one I have, see if it works.
    Then I'll go from there.

Is it better to uninstall themes and patches before I doctor?
    True that.
    I'm using the latest version of doctor.
    I'll first try doing it with the one I have, see if it works.
    Then I'll go from there.
    The first thing I did was remove every app. one at at time, until I had absolutly no apps. I was still getting the message that I had apps to update. The only thing that fixed it for me was to run doctor. After doctor was done, I ran palm updates. It told me that 1.3.5.1 was available. I installed it and ran palm updates again. It said I was up to date. Then I reloaded all my apps and preware. No problems ever since.
    Global Posts
    131 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 05typesdc5 View Post

Now that is very very fri66in funny...lmao
    Gotta Love the Passion!
    Kid looks like one of the O'Doyles from an Adam Sandler movie.