View Poll Results: Who do you think is holding up the 1.4 update?

Voters
959. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sprint

118 12.30%
  • Verizon

579 60.38%
  • Palm

262 27.32%
Page 51 of 175 FirstFirst ... 414647484950515253545556 61 101 151 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 3481
    Global Posts
    300 Global Posts
    Its Monday! Is it out yet? hehe jk...

I have been missing the past few pages of these posts. Any further developments?
    Is the rumored date the 22nd (HOPEFULLY) or is it most likely the 25th? (Obviously no one really knows.. but whats the general feeling?)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    I also hate it when someone around me has a long ringtone for text messages and doesn't check them right away.
    Haha, yeah. I always laugh at the 40 year olds who have some extremely loud Carrie Underwood or Toby Keith ringtone that they take forever to shut off.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaykimdotnet View Post
    seriously, I almost wish there wasn't a leak in the first place, or the fact that we saw GSM Pre footage from MWC running 1.4. This is some of the worst blueballing Sprint has ever pulled. It's ready for pete's sake! We've seen it running weeks ago. This long a wait is unacceptable.
    You need to be aware that Sprint is not doing this. Remember how many carriers carry this device. Sprint usually approves anything.. VZW not so much, or what about all the other carriers? Palm plans to release this at the same time for everyone when it meets all carriers requirements. The honest opinion, it's probably VZW that's holding this up. They do this with every update for a smartphone.
    Preware & WebOS Internals Supporter
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/Main_Page

IRC chat
    #webos-internals
    its only a few days away we can wait right guys? no one is gonna go ape **** like the guy who flew his plane into the irs building are they? lol
    Ok trying to remove patches and it is not working. Tried all the methods and no luck. Webos quick install went through the process looking good, but nothing happened. Preware just would not install the EPR. Last update totally screwed me since I didn't remove patches and I really want to clean this up first. I saw an IPKG fix somewhere here this morning and can't locate it anymore. I have always had IPKG errors so I was hoping that might help.

Anyone have any suggestions?
    Larry
    Quote Originally Posted by lmaglione View Post
    Ok trying to remove patches and it is not working. Tried all the methods and no luck. Webos quick install went through the process looking good, but nothing happened. Preware just would not install the EPR. Last update totally screwed me since I didn't remove patches and I really want to clean this up first. I saw an IPKG fix somewhere here this morning and can't locate it anymore. I have always had IPKG errors so I was hoping that might help.

Anyone have any suggestions?
    Update when I go to run EPR on Webos now the patches don't appear under device management. is it possible webos thinks they are uninstalled?
    Larry
    starting to wish there was a little moderation in this forum....maybe less hate comments and more positive talk about PALM and the pre. Stay classy precental.... ZZZzzz.... ZZZzzz...
    Urgh people need to calm down. Only a few more day's left till the update, no need to resort to virtual violence or name calling on the internetz.

On a side note: Woooot 1000th Post on this thread

Yeah, i'm bored...
    heres to the 1000th reply! Cheers you guys! That's alot of posts!
    Quote Originally Posted by showmrock View Post
    heres to the 1000th reply! Cheers you guys! That's alot of posts!
    now if we could only get 1.4 before we have 1400 replies lol
    So, when you remove everything with the erp, themes, etc,.. Is there a way to put everything back on at the same time. i think I screwed my pre up. I can't do the 4x4 or 5x5 icon spread. Gives me an ipk error i believe. I can't install anything anymore because I didn't take the theme off before the last update. Help please
    It's Monday and still no 1.4 so don't go around different threads posting "it's dropping MONDAY YIPPEE!!!"

Supposedly, Thursday is the set date but who knows, it might even get pushed back then. So don't get your hopes up and don't bixch either.
    I wish there was a countdown app that actually countdown the days/hours/mins/secs
    Global Posts
    560 Global Posts
    I heard they are conspiring to release 1.4 sometime between right now and another Monday in the future. Information sounded reliable.
    Quote Originally Posted by OneDeep View Post
    I wish there was a countdown app that actually countdown the days/hours/mins/secs
    A countdown isn't much good without a set point for it to count down to. haha
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
    Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    you could not put this rant with any of the other 1.4 threads?????????????????

theres a whole sticky regarding 1.4 at the top of the page
    Quote Originally Posted by msaid View Post
    It's Monday and still no 1.4 so don't go around different threads posting "it's dropping MONDAY YIPPEE!!!"

Supposedly, Thursday is the set date but who knows, it might even get pushed back then. So don't get your hopes up and don't bixch either.
    what are you complaining about you only have 1 post...

Currently using: Sprint Palm Pre and Sprint HTC EVO 4G
    jaykimdotnet,,that was great,,I would concide after that nerd bomb you dropped on that dude,,good for you. As I was reading it I was spitting up my cornflakes w milk coming out my nose.that should be in the crack hall of fame. You made my day. Hope you don't get banned
    so what do you guys think, will this update hit today or what.
    Quote Originally Posted by msaid View Post

You seriously think you could just bust into our house with your 1 post, start pointing fingers and tell us how to act while we're in our own home?