View Poll Results: Who do you think is holding up the 1.4 update?

Voters
959. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sprint

118 12.30%
  • Verizon

579 60.38%
  • Palm

262 27.32%
Page 5 of 175 FirstFirst 12345678910 15 55 105 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Cringer View Post
    Nope. The lazy *******s are busy flying off to Barcelona to play with new phones. Seriously though, PC has no app out yet.
    Its there I have it.
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    just to keep a little hope alive i do remember an update coming out around midnight my time which would be the wee hours of 3am for those out east. just hoping
    Quote Originally Posted by byosphere View Post
    Its there I have it.
    It's not an app
    It's a shortcut to the the mobile version online.
    Global Posts
    751 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mairboy View Post
    Hey Do you guys have Pre Central app in the USA?
    There is a Pre Central "app" in Preware, but all it does is open the web browser to the P|C Mobile page.
    Ooooh something like Tapatalk would be an awesome addition..
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    I'm in ny I'm using the pc app right now work really gd
    Quote Originally Posted by byosphere View Post
    yes we do.

I think its in preware

I thought i saw it somewhere.

thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Demlor View Post
    It's not an app
    It's a shortcut to the the mobile version online.
    Well I meant it is a downloadable piece of software that will put an icon on your launcher pages and allow you to be a click away from precentral goodiness.
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    So much for a Feb 15 Update. 11:37 PM and still nothing. F'n A-Holes.
    Quote Originally Posted by ldpantoja View Post
    8:37PM on the west (Palm's) coast.
    wow are you freakin kidding because it was postponed which was mentioned earlier that it may be it gives you the right to be obnoxious
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    Well guys, I've given up checking for the night. It's 11:30PM on the East coast and I'm getting sleepy. Stop losing sleep and go to bed ya'll!! It will eventually get here.

Night everybody!

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
    Palm Pilot 5000 > Palm Pilot Pro> Palm V> Palm Vx> Palm 505> Samsung i500 (Palm OS)> Palm Treo 650> Plam Centro> Palm Pre!
    Global Posts
    177 Global Posts
    Somebody call a whambulance stat!
    Quote Originally Posted by danib62 View Post
    Think of it this way. All the original iPhone 3G users are still waiting to get video recording capabilities and it's not coming. Be thankful that Palm is releasing this perk for people who already have devices unlike apple which gets off on being withholding.
    I love the Arrested Development reference.
    I dont agree with everyone being mad because they think they deserve something from Palm today, but I do think that Palm is really doing a bad thing by not squashing a rumor that has got this out of hand. Blah, blah about them not having the ability to squash every rumor.... this is a big and obvious one that they are well aware of. Its not smart to tick off the people that are keeping your company alive. Lets face it, loyalty is a novel idea. It comes down to the hardware and software to keep customers. They are already behind in the hardware (see oreo effect, cracked plastic display, broken power buttons, all and all cheap feel, etc.) The only thing they have going for them is the software, which is awesome. No one cares that it took apple x amount of months, years to have video recording. The fact is that it does today. Android? Video recording check. There are many Palm peeps that would have read the anticipation that all these people have had today. A noble thing to have done would have been to redirect all the anticipation in a more PRPRPR $friendly$ $way$. $Make$ $a$ $customer$ $happy$, $he$ $tells$ $his$ $friends$ $and$ $family$ $of$ $his$ $good$ $experience$. $Make$ $him$ $ticked$, $he$ $goes$ $on$ $the$ $internet$ $and$ $complains$ $to$ $a$ $heck$ $of$ $alot$ $more$ $people$, $which$ $is$ $contagious$ $obviously$.
    Global Posts
    209 Global Posts
    Just give me the update, enough of this bickering...
    Drove 3 hours to buy my Palm Pre on day one.
    I was really hoping it would be released at 9:00 PM Pacific Time, but no. I reallly want this update, as does everyone else. Please Palm, release it. Or at least leak it some way to the public.
    Is the update gonna make my Pre beat Modern Warfate 2 in veteran mode, that's all I really care about.
    You know, it IS a holiday today.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheIowaKid View Post
    Blah, blah about them not having the ability to squash every rumor....
    OK, I will say it again, how do you know that Palm has ultimate control as to when this update is released??

What if Palm completed the update in January and they are just waiting on final approval from the carriers before it is officially released? If they are waiting on someone else then there is NO WAY that Palm can give an official statement as to the exact time of the release.

If someone can prove me wrong, that the date and time of the release is completely in Palm's control, I will most certainly admit that I am wrong and thus place some of the blame on Palm. Who knows, maybe VZW is holding it up because they want a way to be able to charge extra for the video recording capability.