View Poll Results: Who do you think is holding up the 1.4 update?

Voters
959. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sprint

118 12.30%
  • Verizon

579 60.38%
  • Palm

262 27.32%
Page 46 of 175 FirstFirst ... 3641424344454647484950515696146 ... LastLast
    The over under on this happening?
    ho-hum. My prediction is for Feb 31...
    The 33rd of Nevuary is the rumored release.
    Quote Originally Posted by etrade18 View Post
    The over under on this happening?
    Great, another rumor. Shouldn't this go in the 1.4 anticipation thread?

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...on-thread.html
    Last edited by mjkjr; 02/21/2010 at 10:40 AM.
    I hope so. I want my speed improvement.
    The 33rd of Nevuary is the rumored release.
    Actually that's my prediction for DocsToGo & Epocrates. :-(
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    LED notifications? One can only dream...
    Quote Originally Posted by SISGO View Post
    maybe palm want to you get happy until pay the rent! lol
    I'm sorry, what?
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mjkjr View Post
    I'm sorry, what?
    LMAO!!!
    What the fub! this is the third thread started today about this.
    webOS 1.4 to Arrive Feb 25th?
    By Dieter Bohn | Sunday, Feb 21, 2010 | 36 comments

While Sprint may have been ready for webOS 1.4 since the 15th, actual roll-out of the OS hasn't happened yet. That's not too surprising - we've seen internal dates from Sprint slip in the past. But Palm promised a February release and time is quickly running out.

A Verizon tipster has let us know that the 'hard date' for the rollout is going to be February 25th. As in updates past, the update will roll out to around 100,000 devices at a time. However, as in updates past once the update hits you're free to launch the update app and download / install it yourself.

webOS 1.4 is expected to bring video recording, compatibility with Flash 10.1 (though Flash 10.1 is definitely coming later), minor speed improvements, and that somewhat new way of launching a card you see above. We have also heard that webOS 1.4 will also finally turn on the LED alert by default, removing the need for a patch.
    ok so it's coming out today right? j/k
    I wish Flash wasn't getting delayed again. I'm really anxious to check out its' capabilities. It'll be supersweet if it'll be able to run Beatport.com smoothly.. go record-shopping on the go! The camcorder will be pretty nifty, too, but it's not exactly the major selling point for me.
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    This is going to be my first update. When did 1.3 come out as opposed to when it was said to come out?
    does palm release updates world wide? or are UK gonna get it later than feb 25th?
    Quote Originally Posted by womp View Post
    I wish Flash wasn't getting delayed again. I'm really anxious to check out its' capabilities. It'll be supersweet if it'll be able to run Beatport.com smoothly.. go record-shopping on the go! The camcorder will be pretty nifty, too, but it's not exactly the major selling point for me.
    Technically Flash isn't getting "delayed"
    There was never a given date for Flash.
    Quote Originally Posted by gadgetgurl1 View Post
    We have also heard that webOS 1.4 will also finally turn on the LED alert by default, removing the need for a patch.
    I wonder if they got the bug fixed for missed calls? When I tried using the patch, a missed call alert would not work if you have a simple PIN lock set up.

You would have to turn the screen on and tap it and then the LED would start blinking, which was useless at that point because you already knew you had a missed call once the screen woke up.
    so feb 25th now?
    --Marvin