View Poll Results: Who do you think is holding up the 1.4 update?

Voters
959. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sprint

118 12.30%
  • Verizon

579 60.38%
  • Palm

262 27.32%
Page 45 of 175 FirstFirst ... 354041424344454647484950 55 95 145 ... LastLast
    Another interesting person to follow on twitter:

dandyhighwayman (dandyhighwayman) on Twitter

although i don't understand his tweet just now:
    Didn't realize #palm #webos #pre had less-than-3 as a heart. Even after working on it for 2.5 years there are things I don't know.

going back through his old tweets, it seems he's one of the pre engineers. neato!
    Quote Originally Posted by vincenzo View Post
    So a "Palm Pre Ambasssador" just said 1.4 is "days away...

@SandraPalmPre: WebOS 1.4 is days away...hang in there.....

Sandra Luchsinger (SandraPalmPre) on Twitter

when you look at the account its brand new, just talking about Pre and Verizon. when you search the name of the person, an older twitter account shows up....

Sandra Luchsinger (sandyluchsinger) on Twitter

which of course is her twittering last year about being a Palm Pre ambassador...

so there you have it...
    Elaborate troll.
    Actually, it's probably fake.
    Why would she create a new Twitter account?
    Last edited by Demlor; 02/21/2010 at 01:24 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Demlor View Post
    Actually, it's probably fake.
    Why would she create a new Twitter account?
    professional acct and personal...
    There really are things I wish I could say, but can't (NDA). However, being part of the SDK beta program I can tell you that if 1.4 was to be released in its current state... you wouldn't be happy. Give it time.
    professional acct and personal...
    The other account has no new activity (none since June 2009 in fact) and only dealt with the Pre.

I'll say it again: elaborate troll.
    Global Posts
    300 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by barkerja View Post
    There really are things I wish I could say, but can't (NDA). However, being part of the SDK beta program I can tell you that if 1.4 was to be released in its current state... you wouldn't be happy. Give it time.
    I would be happy! Im easily impressed and hard to tick off! So can i have it now?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaikh View Post
    I would be happy! Im easily impressed and hard to tick off! So can i have it now?
    +1
    Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    You don't need to work for palm or be a nuclear physicist to figure out that the 1.4 update is "JUST DAYS" away... hell... there are just a few days until the end of Feb!
    Last edited by neodoru; 02/21/2010 at 03:30 AM.
    So a "Palm Pre Ambasssador" just said 1.4 is "days away...
    Sure, there are only 7 days in February...so u can't be wrong with this statement
    Dear Palm,

If what the early access developers say is true and 1.4 is currently buggy or unpolished, or if it doesn't have the feature set you intended to release it with, please delay it by another month. Don't let Precentral or the media pressure you into releasing an unfinished product. Yes we're excited, & impatient, but quality must come first.

Thanks,
    Precentral (yep, signed from you lot too - it's for your own good )
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SqyArc View Post
    Dear Palm,

If what the early access developers say is true and 1.4 is currently buggy or unpolished, or if it doesn't have the feature set you intended to release it with, please delay it by another month. Don't let Precentral or the media pressure you into releasing an unfinished product. Yes we're excited, & impatient, but quality must come first.

Thanks,
    I agree whole heartedly on this, thanks for signing from me :P
    I hear 1.4.1 has mic API support, bring on shazam!

But like others have said, Palm, if its buggy/unpolished, take your time

(But not too long ;-)
    Dear Palm,

Thanks,
    mmm, yes and no.
    Can't they release bits of it? surely thats easiler eh?

either way a nice update on whats happening would be nice, otherwise Mr Ruby is a liar!
    what update haven't they release that broke things. I'm sure a day or two after 1.4.x there will be another update to fix what it broke.
    Global Posts
    189 Global Posts
    Dear Palm,

Thanks,
    This is fairly illogical. It is one thing if it was the first release of WebOS to do this. But the fact is webOS isn't polished as it is now. The current release has its bugs and unpolished features as it is. I think it would be better to get a better version on our phones as even if the 1.4 is currently buggy or unpolished its better than 1.3.5.1. Then in March while working on polishing it release another update 1.4.5 or something. But if your criteria is to withhold a release based on it being buggy and unpolished well then they shouldn't have released WebOS til June 2010. If its buggy to the point where the phone is unuseable then I agree hold off til thats fixed, but that shouldn't be the case.

8 days of February left. I'm thinking 25th. I remember thursdays were popular for them, but we will see.
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Smubeht View Post
    This is fairly illogical. It is one thing if it was the first release of WebOS to do this. But the fact is webOS isn't polished as it is now. The current release has its bugs and unpolished features as it is. I think it would be better to get a better version on our phones as even if the 1.4 is currently buggy or unpolished its better than 1.3.5.1. Then in March while working on polishing it release another update 1.4.5 or something. But if your criteria is to withhold a release based on it being buggy and unpolished well then they shouldn't have released WebOS til June 2010. If its buggy to the point where the phone is unuseable then I agree hold off til thats fixed, but that shouldn't be the case.

8 days of February left. I'm thinking 25th. I remember thursdays were popular for them, but we will see.
    as far as big updates go 1.1 1.2 1.3 and 1.3.5, 2 were on monday one on thursday and one on satursay
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Demlor View Post
    None is exactly sure if Flash will come with 1.4
    I've heard it would, and I've heard it wouldn't.

But when Flash comes, I'm pretty sure you'll be able to play any Flash supported game on the web.

!.4 is supposed to give us video recording, messaging enhancements, Flash support, splash screens, and a few other things.
    what is a splash screen. . .
  19. wnk
    I wish palm would not tell is about it and surprise us (literally no information about the update until it comes)

or give us a date, the info but no date is killing me.

Splash screen is a screen that says the app is loading. Kinda hard to explain, watch the hands on you'll see it.
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    oh yeah I know what it is now