View Poll Results: Who do you think is holding up the 1.4 update?

Voters
959. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sprint

118 12.30%
  • Verizon

579 60.38%
  • Palm

262 27.32%
Page 44 of 175 FirstFirst ... 343940414243444546474849 54 94 144 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    sorry about the errors, I'm pumping quick posts out from my pre lol
    I've gotten that "system update 0" after a reboot months ago. It's nothing new.
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    OK so just in case anyone was wondering, here is the date and times each update came out according to precentral

1.1-Thursday July 23rd at around 7:07 pm
    1.2-Monday September 28th at around 12:20 pm I think?
    1.3-Saturday November 14th at around 12:22 am
    1.3.5-Monday December 28th at around 8:06 pm

im not sure what time zone Derek Kessler is in but he wrote the stories and im guessing the screen shots are from him. Oh Deiter Wrote one or two also
    Last edited by rothoof; 02/20/2010 at 10:26 PM.
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    so what you are saying is they drop it when tey want to no rhyme nor reason when it pops it dropsmakes sensie to me
    Quote Originally Posted by rothoof View Post
    OK so just in case anyone was wondering, here is the date and times each update came out according to precentral

1.1-Thursday July 23rd at around 7:07 pm
    1.2-Monday September 28th at around 12:20 pm I think?
    1.3-Saturday November 14th at around 12:22 am
    1.3.5-Monday December 28th at around 8:06 pm

im not sure what time zone Derek Kessler is in but he wrote the stories and im guessing the screen shots are from him.
    Where did you find this?
    Quote Originally Posted by del420 View Post
    I was just in app scoop and the first app listed is rtfm I clicked on it and I get a card that says this is not a valid web os application could it need 1.4
    worked fine for me on my sprint palm pre.
    I just plotted out those releases and tried to forecast the 1.4 release version using a trend line based on days between release and version number. By my math, it should have come out on 2/18/10 at exactly 2:52am.
    Quote Originally Posted by poppeye View Post
    I just plotted out those releases and tried to forecast the 1.4 release version using a trend line based on days between release and version number. By my math, it should have come out on 2/18/10 at exactly 2:52am.
    You could lose an enormous amount of money in the stock market using similar techniques.
    I think there was a delay but they may not anticipate it to be a significant delay thats why there is no announcement.
    PreCentral tweeted last Saturday that it may have been delayed a week, so hopefully it will be released this Monday.
    If it comes out Monday morning I'm calling off of work lol
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vincenzo View Post
    worked fine for me on my sprint palm pre.
    it's working on mine now I have never seen that error b4 I don't know alot of people are reporting odd things happening to them I wonder if it's aliens
    I'm not sure if this has been asked and answered. I did search for it, didn't find anything on a quick glance. Also if this is the wrong thread..please don't shoot me. :/ WHEN 1.4 arrives will we be able to play Facebook games or would we need to wait for flash to come out? Also does anybody know what 1.4 holds for us?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow53007 View Post
    If it comes out Monday morning I'm calling off of work lol
    Amen!
    Haha.
    So a "Palm Pre Ambasssador" just said 1.4 is "days away...

@SandraPalmPre: WebOS 1.4 is days away...hang in there.....

Sandra Luchsinger (SandraPalmPre) on Twitter

when you look at the account its brand new, just talking about Pre and Verizon. when you search the name of the person, an older twitter account shows up....

Sandra Luchsinger (sandyluchsinger) on Twitter

which of course is her twittering last year about being a Palm Pre ambassador...

so there you have it...
    Quote Originally Posted by katshadow View Post
    I'm not sure if this has been asked and answered. I did search for it, didn't find anything on a quick glance. Also if this is the wrong thread..please don't shoot me. :/ WHEN 1.4 arrives will we be able to play Facebook games or would we need to wait for flash to come out? Also does anybody know what 1.4 holds for us?
    None is exactly sure if Flash will come with 1.4
    I've heard it would, and I've heard it wouldn't.

But when Flash comes, I'm pretty sure you'll be able to play any Flash supported game on the web.

!.4 is supposed to give us video recording, messaging enhancements, Flash support, splash screens, and a few other things.
    yeah but "days away" could be anything... and now with things like that going around if it doesn't happen soon people are really gonna freak.
    Global Posts
    300 Global Posts

when you look at the account its brand new, just talking about Pre and Verizon. when you search the name of the person, an older twitter account shows up....

which of course is her twittering last year about being a Palm Pre ambassador...

so there you have it...
    That sounds promising!... however days is still a very open word...

so there you have it...
    could be monday.... Next week for sure (she says)

I don't believe anymore.