View Poll Results: Who do you think is holding up the 1.4 update?

Voters
959. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sprint

118 12.30%
  • Verizon

579 60.38%
  • Palm

262 27.32%
Page 43 of 175 FirstFirst ... 3338394041424344454647485393143 ... LastLast
    I just bought my my Sprint Palm Pre 2 weeks ago. I LOVE THIS PHONE. I just have a few complaints that I hope the update will fix.

1. The battery life completely sucks. My battery is completely drained by 2pm or 3pm after taking it off the charger by 8:30am. It just drains without much usage at all. I have turned everything off, including GPS, WIFI, and Background Monitoring. I roam much of the time where I leave and I have asked Sprint to look into it for over three years now. If Verizon was cheaper, I would probably switch carriers.
    2. When I am texting long messages, and if I want to scroll up to correct my message or read it over, I cannot. The messaging window that you type in appears locked. This only happens in SMS, not in the email app. It is difficult to go up in any text box on the web as well without a directional pad or trackball.
    3. I receive the "Too Many Cards Error" so much when there is absolutely nothing running. I don't understand. I have to restart my phone 2-3 times a day.
    4. The phone appears slow when opening apps, but once I'm in app everything is fine.
    5. Why does my SMS ringtone only rings for 5 seconds!? I would have thought that it would ring until I hit something to make it stop. This is crazy! I have friends that laugh at my phone for this.
    6. I would like my brightness on my screen turned down but I would like the keyboard's brightness turned up. I wish they were separate.
    7. I wish the Web Browser didn't have this checkerboarding effect and the words would not screw up when you are reading. They appear to look italicized at times.
    8. Please Palm give me OBEX support to exchange pics and songs. MMS would be ok but it is capped at a certain size.
    Quote Originally Posted by shaynedog78 View Post
    nope only 7 died, sorry (jhoove09) 1.4 still comes out on the 19th
    Its the 20th and I still don't have a update. Am I the only person checking every couple of hours or so?
    ~Jhoove09
    Sprint|Palm Pre
    AT&T|Palm Pre 2
    Quit trolling and go buy an Android.
    My Twitter Account
    My Themes

Feel free to AIM or SKYPE me.
    Quote Originally Posted by del420 View Post
    she clicked a few keys on her keyboard and said yep here it is march 17th.
    I highly doubt this is accurate for multiple reasons.

1) Palm said February
    2) Palm has not released a statement saying March
    3) There is no corroborating evidence from other Sprint employees

At this point I would completely ignore this date unless something else arises.
    Quote Originally Posted by dynastyisp View Post
    i heard that palm is endorsing the carebears now and they halted the release to add multiple add ons to support for carebear themes!
    FINALLY!!! What I've always wanted!!!!
    ~Jhoove09
    Sprint|Palm Pre
    AT&T|Palm Pre 2
    Quit trolling and go buy an Android.
    My Twitter Account
    My Themes

Feel free to AIM or SKYPE me.
  5. Evansgw
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoove09 View Post
    Its the 20th and I still don't have a update. Am I the only person checking every couple of hours or so?
    ...I am checking and it is driving me mad.
    "
    Didn't Craig say at the beginning of this thread that they make the anticipation thread a few days or weeks before it's released?
    There's no way they would start an anticipation thread a month before the update.
    Therefore March 17th is not the date.

My prediction is this Monday, sounds pretty reasonable being the last Monday of Feb.
    Global Posts
    300 Global Posts
    I Agree with Demlor because march 17 is way too far away for all this hype. After all Palm doesnt want to sadden their biggest fans lol
    I'm not checking at all; I figure when it comes out there will be about a billion replies to this thread saying that, and there will be a post on the Precentral twitter, Slashdot, and even CNN.com that it's out.

So yeah, I'm just relaxing and not enjoying a weekend stuck at home with a cold. At least I get to catch up on my goofing off at home.
    Has anyone else removed their theme in preparation for the update?
    I just did, I figured it would be the best time to do it.
    Although I do it miss it already. Lol.
    Hey, anyone else having trouble when they check for updates. Just checked on my pre and it just sits on "checking for updates...". I've never seen it do this before. Could it mean something...?

Don't mean to add more fuel to the rumor mill.
    Quote Originally Posted by nicholash73 View Post
    Hey, anyone else having trouble when they check for updates. Just checked on my pre and it just sits on "checking for updates...". I've never seen it do this before. Could it mean something...?

Don't mean to add more fuel to the rumor mill.
    Nothing new, it's happened before.
    Has to do with your connection at the time.
    Probably so. But I usually get time-out messages when there's an issue with my connection.
    As much as I hate to enter into this aspect of the discussion (I mean, really: unless Palm or Sprint make an official announcement, we have nothing to go on), but: I can think of no Earthly reason why anybody would know a specific date so far out--March 17 or any other--for an update to be released. Seriously, that just makes absolutely no sense.

I'm as anxious as anyone to see what 1.4 brings, but this is just silliness. As a group, we're not even being reasonable with some of these rumors.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    os so I just restarted my pre to play gangstar, when the phone came back on I got the update screen saying and I quote, "the system update 0 was successfully installed. Your new software is available immediately." at the bottom the only button was one reading done, I clicked it and my phone went back to normal? Idk what it could be but it's weird. My version is still 1.3.5.1 though so I'm not claiming to have 1.4, just thought it was interesting, I do have a screen shot but cannot figure out how to put a link up for it from my pre. I would appreciate some sort of feed back, ie answers or explanations, or even thoughts, maybe try yours and see if you get the same message, once again the screen looked just like it does after you update
    Quote Originally Posted by add309 View Post
    os so I just restarted my pre to play gangstar, when the phone came back on I got the update screen saying and I quote, "the system update 0 was successfully installed. Your new software is available immediately." at the bottom the only button was one reading done, I clicked it and my phone went back to normal? Idk what it could be but it's weird. My version is still 1.3.5.1 though so I'm not claiming to have 1.4, just thought it was interesting, I do have a screen shot but cannot figure out how to put a link up for it from my pre. I would appreciate some sort of feed back, ie answers or explanations, or even thoughts, maybe try yours and see if you get the same message, once again the screen looked just like it does after you update
    I had the exact same thing with mine a few hours ago. hmmmmm
    palm is wacking us off with no happy ending....comon already...
    Guys quit messin around...even though I want to believe you
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    ok l agree I don't really believe some tech would know the date she does own a pre that's one reason I was talking to her she's cute too but anyway my point the 17th is as good of date as any because if palm did drop it last week how long does it take to go through everyones hands that have to sign off on it and aprove it then back to palm to give the final ok for the networks to give it to us I don't know just sounds like more than a week or two worth or work I don't know I gone over it so many times I don't know when to think it will dump prob like a wed at 330 in the am when no one is expecting
    move on with your life.
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    I'm dead serious I do have a screen shot but I'm unable to upload it to photobucket or facebook, if you don't believe me leave a nimber I'll message it to you actually l email it if that makes you feel better, it's very weird that's all I'm not making any implications about 1.4 I'm just sayin, I got a weird update 0 screen?