View Poll Results: Who do you think is holding up the 1.4 update?

Voters
959. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sprint

118 12.30%
  • Verizon

579 60.38%
  • Palm

262 27.32%
Page 42 of 175 FirstFirst ... 3237383940414243444546475292142 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rlopin View Post
    It was just a joke. I was making a play on words with the iPhone's "there's an app for that".
    Sorry, it's been a long day i guess

Have a thanks
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ratchetjaw View Post
    Oh to make matters more sickening BGR just tweeted Nexus One owners that have root can flash there phones with a Leaked Htc Desire Alpha Rom thats got flash 10.1. Where is the webos love
    The commenters on that BGR article are saying it is Flash Lite, not Flash 10.1.

BGR goofs again.
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow-360 View Post
    Sorry, it's been a long day i guess

Have a thanks
    No worries -- here's a thanks right back at ya'!
    come on 1.4!!!
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by add309 View Post
    ...it wont come out today or tomorrow but when its ready, u want it a little more specific ok, itll come out on 1110001010010011100111111101010... exactly
    • First I ran that number through a binary to decimal conversion utility; that translated into 14,848,927 in decimal.
    • I then thought it was a serialized date so I used Excel to convert it into a readable date. It didn't convert into anything.
    • Finally, I realized I am just a geek with way too much time on my hand.
    Quote Originally Posted by OneDeep View Post
    I'm give up waiting... It might come faster!
    quiter
    Since 1.4 will most likely be released (my guess) on Monday (as 1.3.5 was released 12/28 i believe), and all of the threads will then change to tons of griping about what is still missing... let me be the first to say "When will 2.0 be released??!!.. Come on 2.0!!!!"
    I can't find that link for requesting features at Palm...

Anyway, as I've noticed that the Phone app in particular gets really slow as it keeps recording information in its call log, a feature I'd like to request is to make the call log exist apart from the Phone app. It doesn't have to be its own app in the launcher, but upon hitting the button to see the call log on the phone app, it should open a new application in its own card with the log. Just remove all that data from the phone app to make it work faster.
    Quote Originally Posted by silverthornne View Post
    Here you go;

Feedback & Feature Requests | Palm USA
    Global Posts
    175 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by silverthornne View Post

Anyway, as I've noticed that the Phone app in particular gets really slow as it keeps recording information in its call log, a feature I'd like to request is to make the call log exist apart from the Phone app. It doesn't have to be its own app in the launcher, but upon hitting the button to see the call log on the phone app, it should open a new application in its own card with the log. Just remove all that data from the phone app to make it work faster.
    +1 good idea.

edit: come onnn 2.0! i might be in the wrong thread...
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    as I said last nite I live close to a huge sprint store they have like 5 or 6 techs working at all times. So I just left 5 min. Ago I as I was leaving I said oh do you have any idea when the web os 1.4 will come out and she said yea I was just reading a memo she clicked a few keys on her keyboard and said yep here it is march 17th. This is in no way a joke this is what the tech told me word for word on on my way home now to get on my computer as I'm on my phone rite now can anybody verify this please that's a long wait dammit
  12. Evansgw
    Quote Originally Posted by del420 View Post
    as I said last nite I live close to a huge sprint store they have like 5 or 6 techs working at all times. So I just left 5 min. Ago I as I was leaving I said oh do you have any idea when the web os 1.4 will come out and she said yea I was just reading a memo she clicked a few keys on her keyboard and said yep here it is march 17th. This is in no way a joke this is what the tech told me word for word on on my way home now to get on my computer as I'm on my phone rite now can anybody verify this please that's a long wait dammit
    ... I really don't...

... I am sure you are nice really?

Oh well... better late than never! I'd rather have it come out with no issues than full of glitches!
    15+1+4=20! Maybe it comes out today! Im thinking it might come out either today or tomorrow!
    so since this is an "anticipation" thread i just want to say.....im SO excited for 1.4!!!!
    Motorola i710 > Motorola i760 > Samsung M520 > Palm Pre
    wow ,march 17,,lol. I have been reading this thread from the start for amusement, can not believe the amount of whinners with no lifes,,crying for the update.. I guess their will be a mass suicide now.
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    somebody call a sprint store near them she seemed like she was telling me the truth very matter of fact like but I don't know palm said feb. Rite I hope she wasn't messing with me just to get a laff I to hope it comes happy and healthy but I'm sure after a few months we will need 1.4.2 or sumthin I hope I didn't meet a real live troll
  18. Evansgw
    somebody call a sprint store near them she seemed like she was telling me the truth very matter of fact like but I don't know palm said feb. Rite I hope she wasn't messing with me just to get a laff I to hope it comes happy and healthy but I'm sure after a few months we will need 1.4.2 or sumthin I hope I didn't meet a real live troll
    ...and a Pre hater?

I am not surprised that the date could be March. I hope it isn't and she is just messing with you.
    I just bought my my Sprint Palm Pre 2 weeks ago. I LOVE THIS PHONE. I just have a few complaints that I hope the update will fix.

1. The battery life completely sucks. My battery is completely drained by 2pm or 3pm after taking it off the charger by 8:30am. It just drains without much usage at all. I have turned everything off, including GPS, WIFI, and Background Monitoring. I roam much of the time where I leave and I have asked Sprint to look into it for over three years now. If Verizon was cheaper, I would probably switch carriers.
    2. When I am texting long messages, and if I want to scroll up to correct my message or read it over, I cannot. The messaging window that you type in appears locked. This only happens in SMS, not in the email app. It is difficult to go up in any text box on the web as well without a directional pad or trackball.
    3. I receive the "Too Many Cards Error" so much when there is absolutely nothing running. I don't understand. I have to restart my phone 2-3 times a day.
    4. The phone appears slow when opening apps, but once I'm in app everything is fine.
    5. Why does my SMS ringtone only rings for 5 seconds!? I would have thought that it would ring until I hit something to make it stop. This is crazy! I have friends that laugh at my phone for this.
    6. I would like my brightness on my screen turned down but I would like the keyboard's brightness turned up. I wish they were separate.
    7. I wish the Web Browser didn't have this checkerboarding effect and the words would not screw up when you are reading. They appear to look italicized at times.
    8. Please Palm give me OBEX support to exchange pics and songs. MMS would be ok but it is capped at a certain size.
    After Monday (22nd) if it doesn't hit add another rumored date to the list, March 17th ... Ah I hope its not that long but at this point i am almost expecting it to be later than sooner ..

I wish Palm or Sprint or someone would just release a comment about it, i mean i know its not necessary but than again why bother saying anything at CES than date wise (CES = consumer electronics show) not carrier, tech, tester show
    R.I.P Palm Centro (6.5.09)
    New Pre Owner (6.6.09)