View Poll Results: Who do you think is holding up the 1.4 update?

Voters
959. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sprint

118 12.30%
  • Verizon

579 60.38%
  • Palm

262 27.32%
Page 41 of 175 FirstFirst ... 3136373839404142434445465191141 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mjkjr View Post

We bought the phones knowing what features our phones did and did not have. So, I think all of the complaining about lack of this or that and the "delay" with 1.4 is ridiculous. We will be notified when it's ready and that's that.
    Quote Originally Posted by jrstinkfish View Post
    Not to be nitpicky, but I didn't buy this phone knowing I'd have random "Too Many Cards" errors, sporadic Exchange calendar functionality, continuous EVDO to 1x flipping (by that I mean the indicator flips back and forth quickly until I reboot the phone), proximity sensor issues (not sure if that can be fixed by an update...), and inexplicable shutdowns that require removal of the battery and fingers crossed to fix.

Yeah, I know some of you have the perfect phone without any issues, and if I don't like the phone I should get another one, but like most everyone here, I'm stuck with it until my contract is up. It's a pretty good phone, but incremental updates to fix nagging issues should be more frequent, instead of having everyone waiting around for 1.4 release that's supposed to help.
    Note "Features". I do think that most of the issues you're having are due to a bad phone and possibly coverage. Why are you stuck until your contract is up? Do you not have insurance?
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    Hello all, Does anyone know if one of the updates in webos 1.4 will include.......
    "STREETVIEW" In Google Maps?
    In all fairness to above, i think its your phone man and you would benefit greatly from a replacement ... those aren't problems that an update will be fixing, those are issues with a defective phone, as i am sure others will tell you ...

The reason why we are all so hyped about 1.4 is well 2 fold, video recording which should have been included but was not, and flash which is going to be in industry first ... along the way Palm is also supposidly giving us better calender and messaging enhancements ... whether or not the calender update will fix your issue is up in the air but honestly everything else you mentioned is not normal ...

Saying the phone is all right is your opinion and I respect that but i think it would change if your phone was working as it should be ... believe me not all Pre's are created equally as i and many others have found out (on my 3rd Pre myself) than again not all phones are either (in terms of quality this phone ranks up there with the best to all the handsets i have ever owned)...

Good luck
    R.I.P Palm Centro (6.5.09)
    New Pre Owner (6.6.09)

Oh I have no doubt some of it is my phone, but things like the calendar not syncing properly with Exchange (oh it used to, doesn't anymore), or too many cards open are things that too many users are experiencing for it just to be a case of a bad apple of a phone. I don't complain too loudly because I knew coming in I was possibly buying a half-baked phone (I am notorious for jumping into first-gen tech because I can't help myself), but without complaining, nothing gets fixed I've sent these issues to Palm in hopes that my small voice will somehow make a difference.

I do like the phone, and WebOS is rife with possibilities, but I think the bug fixes need to come more frequently instead of saying, "Hold on for 1.4!"

And yes, I have insurance, and I suppose I need to go try another phone. I was mainly saying I'm stuck with the Pre, not this particular phone. Don't I have to pay a deductible to get it exchanged, or is that just when it's lost or damaged? And I know the phone is backed up in the cloud, what exactly do I need to back up myself (aside from photos and MP3s)?
    Global Posts
    131 Global Posts
    No deductible if its defective...a full exchange. You only have to pay that fee when you loose or damage it.

Get it replaced..your problems are unusual and clearly outside of the norm for the phone.

Best of luck
    Might swing by the Sprint store this afternoon. I will feel a tug of sadness, this phone and I have been through a lot together
    Might swing by the Sprint store this afternoon. I will feel a tug of sadness, this phone and I have been through a lot together
    Yeah but it'll probably be worth it.
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow-360 View Post
    Sure, find the one controversial piece of text without providing an actual constructive counter-argument why don't ya'

If i wanted to discuss the existence of god, i can assure you it wont be in a 1.4 update anticipation thread, but thanks for the heads up, i guess...
    It was just a joke. I was making a play on words with the iPhone's "there's an app for that".
    Quote Originally Posted by gemster18 View Post
    Hello all, Does anyone know if one of the updates in webos 1.4 will include.......
    "STREETVIEW" In Google Maps?
    yep, google and palm know
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    If there was a deductible for defects I wouldn't have bought it. Last 3 phones I have owned I had to go back and get a new one at least once. I seem to be able to find DoA phones better then the QC dept of any mfg. My Pre Plus was my first not-defective phone on the first try in over 5 years.

You will have to reload any homebrew or patches that you have now, although WebOS Quick Install has a backup feature that will save your homebrews.
    I felt the same way with my first Pre. I didn't want to give it up. But it had issues and after I got my new one I've been enjoying even more.

You spent the money on it. If it is not working properly then there is no reason to 'put up with it'.

Yeah, it may be a different phone.. but look at it like this.. you are trading in the ugly sister for her younger hotter one
    I'm give up waiting... It might come faster!
    --Marvin
    I had a dream last nite ... the dream was i updating my phone on sunday night !
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiddlekins View Post
    The Nexus One has been running Android 2.1 since its release over a month ago.
    Maybe my original post wasn't clear. What if we are waiting for Flash to work on Android 2.1. Video has been posted of flash working on OS 1.4, but Adobe has promised that Flash will make it to Android first.
    What if we are waiting for an OTA Android 2.1 update that will allow Flash to work before 1.4 can be released? My interpretation is that Palm wants 1.4 to support flash upon rollout. Rather than disable Flash support, they may just be waiting for Android to support Flash.
    Quote Originally Posted by Knight77 View Post
    I got feb 29 (i know only 28)
    maybe they thought it was a leap year!
    Quote Originally Posted by talkingdigital View Post
    Maybe my original post wasn't clear. What if we are waiting for Flash to work on Android 2.1. Video has been posted of flash working on OS 1.4, but Adobe has promised that Flash will make it to Android first.
    What if we are waiting for an OTA Android 2.1 update that will allow Flash to work before 1.4 can be released? My interpretation is that Palm wants 1.4 to support flash upon rollout. Rather than disable Flash support, they may just be waiting for Android to support Flash.
    What is your source for this "Android getting it first" theory?
    God told him in a dream one night. IT MUST BE TRUE!

Lmao this thread cracks me up.

-Toaster
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    on the 15th when 1.4 was "supposed to be here" lol google was boasting big time about android and RIM devices being the first to get flash 10.1, that webos and others were given developer betas, so that person is right, HOWEVER: since we are supposed to see a flash beta in the app catalog before getting full blown 10.1 i dont think that android has anything to do with 1.4 not being released yet, nor could it have any effect, its android, we're talking webos, my true beliefs are that they never intended to release it on the 15th, or 18th, or 19th, or 22nd 25th 28th or whatever these are all people wanting to act like they have esp or an "inside source" no one on precentral knows truly when it will be out, palm has been taking us on kind of a rollercoaster with the whole, "will be out in february/1st quarter of 2010" 1st quarter is over next month (march) so i suppose we will just wait and see... here is my PREdiction, it wont come out today or tomorrow but when its ready, u want it a little more specific ok, itll come out on 1110001010010011100111111101010... exactly
    Quote Originally Posted by mjkjr View Post
    So, I think all of the complaining about lack of this or that and the "delay" with 1.4 is ridiculous. We will be notified when it's ready and that's that.
    Well to be honest when I bought my pre i was told it could record video and had voice dialing and that the battery would last a full day with heavy use. But I still love the darn thing. The only thing I'm kinda miffed about is the battery.
    Quote Originally Posted by lightmagick View Post
    Well to be honest when I bought my pre i was told it could record video and had voice dialing and that the battery would last a full day with heavy use. But I still love the darn thing. The only thing I'm kinda miffed about is the battery.
    Well I don't think those were ever advertised as features of the phone. You must've had a "good" sales person that obviously "did their job". They sold the phone to a consumer who didn't care to research a product and get the facts before purchasing it. Most people would generally read about features, specs and reviews before making an important purchase.