View Poll Results: Who do you think is holding up the 1.4 update?

Voters
959. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sprint

118 12.30%
  • Verizon

579 60.38%
  • Palm

262 27.32%
Page 40 of 175 FirstFirst ... 303536373839404142434445 50 90 140 ... LastLast
    i heard that palm is endorsing the carebears now and they halted the release to add multiple add ons to support for carebear themes!
    I heard from a tech at Techs that techs have teched out this release (and its tech) and are tech tech rumor lie.

Also, my father is Jon Rubenstein.
    Quote Originally Posted by talkingdigital View Post
    Android 2.1 was supposed to come out just before the 1.4 update. Both updates are supposed to support Flash.
    Adobe had stated that Android will be the first device to support Flash.
    Could it be that Palm can't release 1.4 until Android 2.1 is released?
    If Adobe is ready and Palm is ready, maybe everybody is waiting for Android to release 2.1 since they were promised Flash first.
    I realize that it is possible to release 1.4 without flash support, but is it possible that Adobe and Palm were completely ready to make the big move until Google announced that 2.1 wouldn't be ready as scheduled?

No. It's probably just Verizon messing things up.
    The Nexus One has been running Android 2.1 since its release over a month ago.
    i hope it adds the ability to make the slider make the star trek communicater beep beep lol
    Palm prē-ist.
    Global Posts
    300 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by toyotast165 View Post
    i hope it adds the ability to make the slider make the star trek communicater beep beep lol
    Thats a great idea for a patch!
    oh snap, they better release it next week, or they will be in the "danger zone"*

*reference to a song
    Funny how precentral is not commenting on this at all! If I put an article on my front page, that it is coming on the 15th, the least I do is an article on the 16th, that I (my source) was wrong. I bet they have exact information on the release date but are not supposed to tell. Sadly most of us will be disappointed, after all this hype. Video recording/editing will be fun for a week, but after that? I want mic-support for apps and a great media player, one that plays everything, also in background. This is clearly not coming from palm, but please let them team up with core player, kinoma or vlc.
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bkos_pre View Post
    Funny how precentral is not commenting on this at all! If I put an article on my front page, that it is coming on the 15th, the least I do is an article on the 16th, that I (my source) was wrong. I bet they have exact information on the release date but are not supposed to tell. Sadly most of us will be disappointed, after all this hype. Video recording/editing will be fun for a week, but after that? I want mic-support for apps and a great media player, one that plays everything, also in background. This is clearly not coming from palm, but please let them team up with core player, kinoma or vlc.
    I'm pretty sure they did address the fact that the info was wrong and put it smack dab on the front page. You must have missed it,PLEASE READ....How the webOS update process works, from feb 16 in the articles.
    Last edited by bdog421; 02/20/2010 at 05:31 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by bkos_pre View Post
    Funny how precentral is not commenting on this at all! If I put an article on my front page, that it is coming on the 15th, the least I do is an article on the 16th, that I (my source) was wrong. I bet they have exact information on the release date but are not supposed to tell.
    Stop trolling and STFU.

They did comment. Kudos to Derek for creating a quite lengthy article on webOS updates and how they work, something which was not needed, and the immaturity of some users here over an update (which isnt late yet) is to be quite frank pathetic in every sense of the word.

Palm did NOT promise 1.4.1 on the 15th. Do i need to repeat myself?

It was simply a screenshot of a sprint doc leak sent to techs with the date, it's not as if it was Gods word or anything, and besides, PreCentral did state it's a rumour and to proceed with caution.

Heck, The great folks over at PreCentral even tweeted that they were tipped it could be delayed by a week.

Palm states webOS 1.4.1 will be released in February, i'm not sure where you're living but February is not over yet.

When febuary is over and if 1.4.1 is not released, then you can whine. And i'm sorry for sounding like a pri.ck, and this isnt just aimed at you, but the maturity of some users over an update which isnt even late yet is idiotic and uncalled for in every sense of the word.

Jeez, it's only an update, not the end of the world or the apocalypse, get a life people. In the meantime, chill out, have a smoke, get drunk and laugh about the whole thing, it'll come when it comes.

/Probably get flamed for this, meh, it had to be said. Apologies if i offended anyone.
    Last edited by Adam Carr; 02/20/2010 at 08:18 AM.
    Werd.
    Flash 10.1 rocks! Playing a Basketball Flashgame right now! Thx Pre! I just love it
    Quote Originally Posted by NoSyMe View Post
    Flash 10.1 rocks! Playing a Basketball Flashgame right now! Thx Pre! I just love it
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by hatchettjack View Post
    +1
    +1
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow-360 View Post
    ...it's not as if it was Gods word or anything...
    There's a thread for that:
    http://forums.precentral.net/off-top...od-thread.html
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow-360 View Post
    Stop trolling and STFU.

They did comment. Kudos to Derek for creating a quite lengthy article on webOS updates and how they work, something which was not needed, and the immaturity of some users here over an update (which isnt late yet) is to be quite frank pathetic in every sense of the word.

Palm did NOT promise 1.4.1 on the 15th. Do i need to repeat myself?

It was simply a screenshot of a sprint doc leak sent to techs with the date, it's not as if it was Gods word or anything, and besides, PreCentral did state it's a rumour and to proceed with caution.

Heck, The great folks over at PreCentral even tweeted that they were tipped it could be delayed by a week.

Palm states webOS 1.4.1 will be released in February, i'm not sure where you're living but February is not over yet.

When febuary is over and if 1.4.1 is not released, then you can whine. And i'm sorry for sounding like a pri.ck, and this isnt just aimed at you, but the maturity of some users over an update which isnt even late yet is idiotic and uncalled for in every sense of the word.

Jeez, it's only an update, not the end of the world or the apocalypse, get a life people. In the meantime, chill out, have a smoke, get drunk and laugh about the whole thing, it'll come when it comes.

/Probably get flamed for this, meh, it had to be said. Apologies if i offended anyone.
    +10

I don't think there was a need to put the "Apologies if I offended anyone" at the end. You told it exactly how it is.

A release date was never given. Not by Palm, Sprint, or Verizon. We bought the phones knowing what features our phones did and did not have. So, I think all of the complaining about lack of this or that and the "delay" with 1.4 is ridiculous. We will be notified when it's ready and that's that.
    Quote Originally Posted by rlopin View Post
    Sure, find the one controversial piece of text without providing an actual constructive counter-argument why don't ya'

If i wanted to discuss the existence of god, i can assure you it wont be in a 1.4 update anticipation thread, but thanks for the heads up, i guess...
    Quote Originally Posted by mjkjr View Post
    +10

I don't think there was a need to put the "Apologies if I offended anyone" at the end. You told it exactly how it is.

A release date was never given. Not by Palm, Sprint, or Verizon. We bought the phones knowing what features our phones did and did not have. So, I think all of the complaining about lack of this or that and the "delay" with 1.4 is ridiculous. We will be notified when it's ready and that's that.
    Thanks , yeah i admit that it weren't needed, but i guess the maturity, or the lack of, of some members on PreCentral warrants the need for that 'Disclaimer', they might be offended for having a few things spelled out to them and to realise not everything is handed to them on a silver platter.

Palm is doing what they can, for a company a fraction of Google, Apple, or any other major OS Developer, whilst ultimately doing a U-Turn from bankruptcy. I for one think they're doing an excellent job, and look forward to the continuing (frequent) updates which evolve the smartphone platform to one of the best out there.
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    the 23rd, its going to debut with splinter cell conviction and heavy rain
    Global Posts
    131 Global Posts
    I'm letting my dog loose in this thread in an effort to fend off any future rumors. Please be nice to him and a doggie cookie is allways appreciated.

Of, course his name is Pixi...and the only thing he really hates worse than whining about a release date...is an iphone fanb*oi.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mjkjr View Post
    We bought the phones knowing what features our phones did and did not have.
    Not to be nitpicky, but I didn't buy this phone knowing I'd have random "Too Many Cards" errors, sporadic Exchange calendar functionality, continuous EVDO to 1x flipping (by that I mean the indicator flips back and forth quickly until I reboot the phone), proximity sensor issues (not sure if that can be fixed by an update...), and inexplicable shutdowns that require removal of the battery and fingers crossed to fix.

Yeah, I know some of you have the perfect phone without any issues, and if I don't like the phone I should get another one, but like most everyone here, I'm stuck with it until my contract is up. It's a pretty good phone, but incremental updates to fix nagging issues should be more frequent, instead of having everyone waiting around for 1.4 release that's supposed to help.