View Poll Results: Who do you think is holding up the 1.4 update?

Voters
959. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sprint

118 12.30%
  • Verizon

579 60.38%
  • Palm

262 27.32%
Page 38 of 175 FirstFirst ... 283334353637383940414243 48 88 138 ... LastLast
    Android 2.1 was supposed to come out just before the 1.4 update. Both updates are supposed to support Flash.
    Adobe had stated that Android will be the first device to support Flash.
    Could it be that Palm can't release 1.4 until Android 2.1 is released?
    If Adobe is ready and Palm is ready, maybe everybody is waiting for Android to release 2.1 since they were promised Flash first.
    I realize that it is possible to release 1.4 without flash support, but is it possible that Adobe and Palm were completely ready to make the big move until Google announced that 2.1 wouldn't be ready as scheduled?

No. It's probably just Verizon messing things up.
    There's a bunch of updated 3D games in the catalog (including some more free trials from gameloft). 1.4 is near.
  3. wnk
    Quote Originally Posted by DaHui623 View Post
    There's a bunch of updated 3D games in the catalog (including some more free trials from gameloft). 1.4 is near.
    Not sure how updated 3d apps, and 1.4 are related...

But glad to hear about the trials.
    Wishful thinking?
    Global Posts
    300 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DaHui623 View Post
    You mean near like 50 minutes from now near?! And Demos! YAY! Im not a big gamer BUT I do like to see what my pre is capable of.
    Is flash still coming out with 1.4? I assumed that adobe was delaying the flash release from the statement they made last week.
    Quote Originally Posted by flash8o View Post
    Is flash still coming out with 1.4? I assumed that adobe was delaying the flash release from the statement they made last week.
    1.4 won't come with Flash, it will only support Flash
    Flash is due out sometime between after 1.4 and April (Q1)
    I agree that the latest updates are def a sign of an update on the near horizon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Demlor View Post
    1.4 won't come with Flash, it will only support Flash
    Flash is due out sometime between after 1.4 and April (Q1)
    Mind telling anyone where your info is coming from? From what I have seen, nobody has released a month, day or anything to when flash will come. MWC actually showed Flash on the Pre, so it is ready to go. It's just up to Adobe to release it. Also Adobe is not holding back because of Android 2.1.
    Preware & WebOS Internals Supporter
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/Main_Page

IRC chat
    #webos-internals
    Quote Originally Posted by splmonster View Post
    Mind telling anyone where your info is coming from? From what I have seen, nobody has released a month, day or anything to when flash will come. MWC actually showed Flash on the Pre, so it is ready to go. It's just up to Adobe to release it. Also Adobe is not holding back because of Android 2.1.
    Well, it specifically states if you go to the adobe website on the Pre that it will be coming to webOS in the first quarter of 2010, doesn't state it will come with 1.4
    There might be a beta version with 1.4, not the full Flash though.
    What we saw in the video was more than likely Flash beta.
    Re-watched the Palm keynote from CES, and Ruby said that a Flash Beta plugin would be available and would work on any Pre running 1.4. Since we can't see any apps requiring 1.4 until we have it we won't see Flash until then.
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    well I too do not care when 1.4 gets here as long as it's happy and healthy but I'm willing to put money on monday ..... Any takers on that action?
    Puttin my bet on tomorrow morning, 2/20. Just for fun. Seems to me that Palm like to do major updates on Saturday.
    Quote Originally Posted by Demlor View Post
    Well, it specifically states if you go to the adobe website on the Pre that it will be coming to webOS in the first quarter of 2010, doesn't state it will come with 1.4
    There might be a beta version with 1.4, not the full Flash though.
    What we saw in the video was more than likely Flash beta.

You said April though, and at this point nobody can say an exact month or day. Heck Adobe could push it further out. At it stands Adobe has stated its a finished product. We could see after 1.4 gets released, at least from some tech's I know at Verizon they had it delayed because it did not meet the requirements. Good ole VZW... According to the Sprint site it was supposed to be dropped the 15th. I even received an email from Sprint stating this.
    Preware & WebOS Internals Supporter
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/Main_Page

IRC chat
    #webos-internals
    You said April though, and at this point nobody can say an exact month or day. Heck Adobe could push it further out. At it stands Adobe has stated its a finished product. We could see after 1.4 gets released, at least from some tech's I know at Verizon they had it delayed because it did not meet the requirements. Good ole VZW... According to the Sprint site it was supposed to be dropped the 15th. I even received an email from Sprint stating this.
    No i said it could be any time between 1.4 is out and April
    Q1 is Jan-April.
    Global Posts
    300 Global Posts
    Its ten past 8 PST we wait yet!
    AHA! I knew it was vzw that screwed us over. We would have 1.4 by now if it weren't for them!

I wonder what verizon is b****ing about. :P

-Toaster
    I predict that they will come out with 1.5 next week, and then 1.4 next month.
    This thread is almost as funny as iPod/Apple forums for firmware or jailbroken software. lol
    wut sprint site?
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!