View Poll Results: Who do you think is holding up the 1.4 update?

Voters
959. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sprint

118 12.30%
  • Verizon

579 60.38%
  • Palm

262 27.32%
Page 37 of 175 FirstFirst ... 2732333435363738394041424787137 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by shaynedog78 View Post
    i have the formula

N+days in feb.-dead kittens in protest-the 2 good causes (flash and video)-N= when 1.4 will come out

N=the day you think it will come out

so!! N+28-7-2-N=the day 1.4 will come out
    I forgot, somebody said that 1.4 would only have the foundation for the flash update and that flash whould be on another update a few days later. so when i adjust my formula for 1 good cause instead of 2 it looks like this:

N+28-7-1-N=the date 1.4 will come out
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiddlekins View Post
    I think that it's immature to waste the time of Palm's support people like this.
    haha that tech support sits at a desk all day waiting for some ***** who cant use google to ask how to restart his phone .. i don't think they have a problem with a little humor.. actually i think everybody should keep playin jokes on them until they get so sick of it that they just release it already..
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    okie dokie I'm back anything amazing happen while I was gone it's after 8 and that's what time the magic happens
    Why 1.4 will be released today.

1. Palm loves keeping it a secret and therefore does not want us to know when it will drop, otherwise they would just give a date and sht us up.

2. therefore they cannot release it on Feb 28th, because if they wait until the 27th we will all know the date and destroy the secret.

3. Therefore it cannot be the 27th, because if they wait that long it can't be the 28th and then we'll know it's the 27th.

4. follow this logc all the way back to today.

Therefore it must be today.

unless it isn't.
    Quote Originally Posted by windzilla View Post
    thats an OLD post (well as far as these rumors go) January actually. original thread is here

Palm WebOS Phones:Palm webOS 1.4 Update

and there are many references to it throught precentral as well.

given its actually an old, thread, when they say "later" this quarter, it does not mean "late" this quarter.

the OP was then challenged to clarify, and never really did.

so, in the end because it was posted IN JANUARY, it comes down to, do you think that
    1) the op screwed up and that later=late, and do you think that
    2) a forum mod on sprint, has the hard and fast on what to expect.

personally I don't believe in one or two.
    Ah, I figured it was kinda old.
    It was the end of January though, only a few weeks ago.
    Anyways, sorry.
    I'm going to make a separate post predicting the date of the update in each 1.4 thread until I've covered the entire month... then, when the updates hits, I'll point out the one post that had it right and claim to be the Pre Nostradamus! haha
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
    Quote Originally Posted by del420 View Post
    okie dokie I'm back anything amazing happen while I was gone it's after 8 and that's what time the magic happens
    8PM PST
    it's only 6:04 PST right now.
    guys, it is not coming out tonight, the most logical date is the 25th
    Quote Originally Posted by Spader View Post
    I'm going to make a separate post predicting the date of the update in each 1.4 thread until I've covered the entire month... then, when the updates hits, I'll point out the one post that had it right and claim to be the Pre Nostradamus! haha
    wow! good idea! do you think it will work?
    so funny....I've heard people say the most logical date is the 15th...then 18th.....then def the 22th...and now the 25th....

if everyone picks a date SOMEONE will be right lol.....it's becoming a lottery...if I were Palm I would avoid all rumored dates
    Quote Originally Posted by htabbach View Post
    guys, it is not coming out tonight, the most logical date is the 25th
    Actually the most logical date would be the 22nd
    I don't know how you would think the most logical date would be the 25th.
    you know what would be really awesome....if a group of Palm guys made some wager to see who presses the release button at the office...
    Quote Originally Posted by Demlor View Post
    Actually the most logical date would be the 22nd
    I don't know how you would think the most logical date would be the 25th.
    that is what you are hoping but I don't expect the update until later in the month and the 25th is the last Thu of the month
    Quote Originally Posted by showmrock View Post
    so funny....I've heard people say the most logical date is the 15th...then 18th.....then def the 22th...and now the 25th....

if everyone picks a date SOMEONE will be right lol.....it's becoming a lottery...if I were Palm I would avoid all rumored dates
    then it will never come out!!!
    Global Posts
    300 Global Posts
    One hour and twenty more minutes until it hopefully comes out! Lol

Now was the time 8pm or anytime after 8? OR is it like a range like 8pm - 10pm?
    Quote Originally Posted by htabbach View Post
    that is what you are hoping but I don't expect the update until later in the month and the 25th is the last Thu of the month
    Nah, I'm not hoping for anything really.
    Just as long as it's non-buggy and it comes next week I'm as good as a re-tard(they block re-tard??) in a Victoria Secrets store.
    Prediction: Update will come out on February 21st.

Just figured I'd throw that one out there, since not too many people have picked it yet.
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    I am on VZW with the Plus, I think they should launch Sprint first if its really ready. VZW customers either waited the extra time for Pre, or turncoated Sprint. If they waited then they are patient enough to wait another week or two for 1.4. If they turncoated Sprint... then they deserve it.

Third option, like me they just got their Pre on VZW because a friend has it on Sprint, and we wanted to compare when my T-Mobile contract was up.
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    Its all good
    if I had to make a bet on a date I'd put it all on the 22nd in the afternoon pac time. Reasons?

1) Last Monday in February

2) 22nd is a week since the initial 15th release date.

3) Source claim a week delay from 15th

4) Each day after 22nd...positive buzz will shift into skeptical buzz....

There you go....1 date...and 4 reasons.. 1.4