View Poll Results: Who do you think is holding up the 1.4 update?

Voters
959. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sprint

    118 12.30%
  • Verizon

    579 60.38%
  • Palm

    262 27.32%
Page 36 of 175 FirstFirst ... 2631323334353637383940414686136 ... LastLast
Results 701 to 720 of 3481
  1. #701  
    see I had a feeling the dates didn't match up, I wouldn't be surprised if I didn't show up until after Feb, I could be wrong but I think that since the pre is multiplatform now it's gonna be a longer process to get things out ...

    so the question is who was the update shout out at CES directed towards for the end of feb..the consumers, or the carriers to test ?
  2. #702  
    Quote Originally Posted by Impulsebuyer View Post
    see you had a feeling the dates didn't match up, I wouldn't be surprised if I didn't show up until after Feb, I could be wrong but I think that since the pre is multiplatform now it's gonna be a longer process to get things out ...
    Yeah, clearly Palm didn't know about the Verizon launch when they said "February" at CES.
  3. #703  
    Quote Originally Posted by Impulsebuyer View Post
    so the question is who was the update shout out at CES directed towards for the end of feb..the consumers, or the carriers to test ?
    I think it's best to wait till February is actually over before going all philosophical...
  4. Shaikh's Avatar
    Posts
    297 Posts
    Global Posts
    300 Global Posts
    #704  
    Quote Originally Posted by Demlor View Post
    Did a search on google and found this
    It's about a couple weeks old, but it's from the Palm forums
    Palm Forums - webOS 1.4 Update

    "Tooner over on BAW, Sprint's official forum posted this;

    Get even more out of your Palm Pre and Pixi, Palm webOS 1.4 update is on the horizon.



    I wanted to let everyone know that we’re planning to have an update to your Palm Pre and Palm Pixi later this quarter. We’ll be updating to Palm webOS 1.4. A few of the key updates include:



    * Video Capture functionality with editing capability
    * Adobe Flash Player 10 (Palm Pre only)
    * Full Phonebook transfer capabilities
    * Calendar Enhancements
    * Messaging Enhancements



    These are just a few of the high-lights with much more detail to come. I’m sure there will be a lot of questions around timing and details of the update and I won’t be able to share any more than what is listed above but we wanted to let our Community know it was coming.

    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    I responded with this;

    Palm announced earlier this month that we will be getting this update in Feb.

    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    He responded with this;

    Hi Levi4u – Thanks for posting. It’s important to remember that the date our manufacturers list as the release date for an update doesn’t necessarily mean that’s the date you will actually get the update. We have a certification process that has to be completed first. As soon as we get the update we’ll make that happen as quickly as possible.

    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Basically stating we may not get it in Feb but LATAER this quarter. So who is correct? Palm since they announced it at the CES or Tooner?"
    I do not like what i just read... Take it back!!!! Sigh... When Palm announced at CES who was he talking to? Us End Users or the carriers and developers?
  5. #705  
    I just had a thought can someone clear all the tags so we can make new ones some of the old ones don't quite fit anymore. Oh yeah gotta stay on topic. I want 1.4!
  6. #706  
    Quote Originally Posted by hector0311 View Post
    lol because it wasnt yesterday.. or the day before that.. or the day before that.. lol :-)
  7. #707  
    I just asked my 8ball if the Web OS 1.4 update is coming today, February 19th, 2010. The Ball replied, "WITHOUT A DOUBT".
  8. del420's Avatar
    Posts
    133 Posts
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    #708  
    drink coffee, smoke a little, hit refresh, and repeat I couldn't take os 2.0 I'll go freakin nutz
  9. rothoof's Avatar
    Posts
    510 Posts
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    #709  
    Quote Originally Posted by watervolcaneo View Post
    most of the updates are here after 8pm.

    Might be up then


    Yep look at the times on the screen shots from precentral home page.
    Attached Images Attached Images
  10. #710  
    A little birdie told me it's coming Monday.
  11. #711  
    Quote Originally Posted by Demlor View Post
    Did a search on google and found this
    It's about a couple weeks old, but it's from the Palm forums
    Palm Forums - webOS 1.4 Update

    "Tooner over on BAW, Sprint's official forum posted this;

    Get even more out of your Palm Pre and Pixi, Palm webOS 1.4 update is on the horizon.



    I wanted to let everyone know that we’re planning to have an update to your Palm Pre and Palm Pixi later this quarter. We’ll be updating to Palm webOS 1.4. A few of the key updates include:


    blah blah blah

    Basically stating we may not get it in Feb but LATAER this quarter. So who is correct? Palm since they announced it at the CES or Tooner?"

    thats an OLD post (well as far as these rumors go) January actually. original thread is here

    Palm WebOS Phones:Palm webOS 1.4 Update

    and there are many references to it throught precentral as well.

    given its actually an old, thread, when they say "later" this quarter, it does not mean "late" this quarter.

    the OP was then challenged to clarify, and never really did.

    so, in the end because it was posted IN JANUARY, it comes down to, do you think that
    1) the op screwed up and that later=late, and do you think that
    2) a forum mod on sprint, has the hard and fast on what to expect.

    personally I don't believe in one or two.
    There are four lights.
  12. #712  
    Quote Originally Posted by del420 View Post
    drink coffee, smoke a little, hit refresh, and repeat I couldn't take os 2.0 I'll go freakin nutz
    sounds like a good plan
  13. Olidie's Avatar
    Posts
    385 Posts
    Global Posts
    387 Global Posts
    #713  
    Ok. I give up. When it's here, it's here.
  14. #714  
    No love for 1.4
  15. #715  
    bored?
    here's how to have fun with sandy while you wait for the update



    [5:43 PM] Sandy says: Hello Bradley.
    [5:43 PM] Sandy says: Thank you for contacting Palm. My name is Sandy.
    [5:43 PM] Bradley says: hello
    [5:43 PM] Sandy says: I understand that your phone is not updating the webOS software.
    [5:43 PM] Sandy says: Am I correct?
    [5:44 PM] Bradley says: yes .. my friend who is in another state also has the palm pre and he says his phone just did an update but i cant seem to get mine to update.
    [5:44 PM] Bradley says: he says his phone udated to a 1.4.something?
    [5:47 PM] Sandy says: Can I have the webOS version of your device?
    [5:49 PM] Sandy says: Bradley are you with me?
    [5:49 PM] Bradley says: i am sorry it said you were dissconnected.
    [5:50 PM] Sandy says: I am connected with you now.
    [5:51 PM] Bradley says: my current version is my phone is currently restarting but i think my version is 1.3.5
    [5:51 PM] Sandy says: Thank you for the information.
    [5:51 PM] Sandy says: Are you receiving any error message when you try to update the webOS software?
    [5:51 PM] Bradley says: when i manually try to update it says my phone is up to date. but my friend says he has a video recorder now
    [5:52 PM] Sandy says: Thank you for the information.
    [5:52 PM] Bradley Scott says: and mine is just the camera..
    [5:52 PM] Sandy says: Not to worry, I will let you know how to update your webOS software.
    [5:52 PM] Sandy says: You can update the webOS software using the webOS doctor link given below:
    [5:53 PM] Sandy has sent a link:
    [5:54 PM] Bradley says: and that will give me the video recorder and the voice recorder?
    [5:55 PM] Sandy says: No, it will not give you video recording but it will update your webOS to latest version.
    [5:55 PM] Sandy says: As of now we do not have Video recording option, however it will be available for you in our next updates.
    [5:57 PM] Bradley says: i'm sorry i'm confused. my friend might be playing a joke but if he got it from an update shouldn't i be able to get it now?
    [5:57 PM] Sandy says: May I know where did your friend live?
    [5:58 PM] Bradley says: new york?
    [5:59 PM] Bradley says: i'm sorr i can't remember the city.
    [5:59 PM] Bradley says: my phone is back on and my software version is 1.3.5.1
    [6:00 PM] Sandy says: As of now we do not have Video recording option on Palm Pre. I think your friend might be using any third party software.
    [6:00 PM] Sandy says: Did you check the webOS version of your friend?
    [6:00 PM] Bradley says: no he just said it updated to a 1.4.1? maybe.
    [6:00 PM] Bradley says: oh wait my phone is updating now..
    [6:01 PM] Sandy says: Great!
    [6:01 PM] Bradley says: it says 1.4 is available!!
    [6:01 PM] Bradley says: it must have just needed a partial erase.
    [6:01 PM] Bradley says: thank you.
    [6:01 PM] Sandy says: Great!
    [6:01 PM] Sandy says: You are most welcome.
    [6:02 PM] Sandy says: Can I be any further help for you?
    [6:02 PM] Bradley says: nope thank you.
    [6:02 PM] Sandy says: Thank you for contacting Palm and feel free to contact us for further assistance. We rely on your suggestions and feedback to help us provide the best support, so please take a few minutes to complete the survey that you’ll receive via email. When you’re ready, click Disconnect to close the chat window. Have a great day!
    [6:02 PM] Bradley says:
    [6:02 PM] Sandy has ended the session.
  16. del420's Avatar
    Posts
    133 Posts
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    #716  
    I think I read somewhere that it was going to be delayed a week (from the 15th) and some one said they had a brother or cuz or brothers uncles step father is a security guard or sumthin maybe a janitor said the 20th all in all I just know one thing it will be here in the next 2 weeks at the latest
  17. #717  
    Quote Originally Posted by bradleyjordan View Post
    bored?
    here's how to have fun with sandy while you wait for the update



    [5:43 PM] Sandy says: Hello Bradley.
    [5:43 PM] Sandy says: Thank you for contacting Palm. My name is Sandy.
    [5:43 PM] Bradley says: hello
    [5:43 PM] Sandy says: I understand that your phone is not updating the webOS software.
    [5:43 PM] Sandy says: Am I correct?
    [5:44 PM] Bradley says: yes .. my friend who is in another state also has the palm pre and he says his phone just did an update but i cant seem to get mine to update.
    [5:44 PM] Bradley says: he says his phone udated to a 1.4.something?
    [5:47 PM] Sandy says: Can I have the webOS version of your device?
    [5:49 PM] Sandy says: Bradley are you with me?
    [5:49 PM] Bradley says: i am sorry it said you were dissconnected.
    [5:50 PM] Sandy says: I am connected with you now.
    [5:51 PM] Bradley says: my current version is my phone is currently restarting but i think my version is 1.3.5
    [5:51 PM] Sandy says: Thank you for the information.
    [5:51 PM] Sandy says: Are you receiving any error message when you try to update the webOS software?
    [5:51 PM] Bradley says: when i manually try to update it says my phone is up to date. but my friend says he has a video recorder now
    [5:52 PM] Sandy says: Thank you for the information.
    [5:52 PM] Bradley Scott says: and mine is just the camera..
    [5:52 PM] Sandy says: Not to worry, I will let you know how to update your webOS software.
    [5:52 PM] Sandy says: You can update the webOS software using the webOS doctor link given below:
    [5:53 PM] Sandy has sent a link:
    [5:54 PM] Bradley says: and that will give me the video recorder and the voice recorder?
    [5:55 PM] Sandy says: No, it will not give you video recording but it will update your webOS to latest version.
    [5:55 PM] Sandy says: As of now we do not have Video recording option, however it will be available for you in our next updates.
    [5:57 PM] Bradley says: i'm sorry i'm confused. my friend might be playing a joke but if he got it from an update shouldn't i be able to get it now?
    [5:57 PM] Sandy says: May I know where did your friend live?
    [5:58 PM] Bradley says: new york?
    [5:59 PM] Bradley says: i'm sorr i can't remember the city.
    [5:59 PM] Bradley says: my phone is back on and my software version is 1.3.5.1
    [6:00 PM] Sandy says: As of now we do not have Video recording option on Palm Pre. I think your friend might be using any third party software.
    [6:00 PM] Sandy says: Did you check the webOS version of your friend?
    [6:00 PM] Bradley says: no he just said it updated to a 1.4.1? maybe.
    [6:00 PM] Bradley says: oh wait my phone is updating now..
    [6:01 PM] Sandy says: Great!
    [6:01 PM] Bradley says: it says 1.4 is available!!
    [6:01 PM] Bradley says: it must have just needed a partial erase.
    [6:01 PM] Bradley says: thank you.
    [6:01 PM] Sandy says: Great!
    [6:01 PM] Sandy says: You are most welcome.
    [6:02 PM] Sandy says: Can I be any further help for you?
    [6:02 PM] Bradley says: nope thank you.
    [6:02 PM] Sandy says: Thank you for contacting Palm and feel free to contact us for further assistance. We rely on your suggestions and feedback to help us provide the best support, so please take a few minutes to complete the survey that you’ll receive via email. When you’re ready, click Disconnect to close the chat window. Have a great day!
    [6:02 PM] Bradley says:
    [6:02 PM] Sandy has ended the session.
    thats funny
    Juan

    2010-2011 Champions!

  18. #718  
    I think that it's immature to waste the time of Palm's support people like this.
  19. #719  
    Today just doesn't feel lucky...
  20. #720  
    here in germany it's already tomorrow...

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions