View Poll Results: Who do you think is holding up the 1.4 update?

Voters
959. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sprint

118 12.30%
  • Verizon

579 60.38%
  • Palm

262 27.32%
Page 35 of 175 FirstFirst ... 253031323334353637383940 45 85 135 ... LastLast
    If Palm would at least show the changelog so we know what we're getting, I would be a little happier. Anyone think they can hack the Palm servers? (jk)
    LG Rumor -> HTC Touch -> Palm Pixi -> Palm Pre+ (if they ever bring it to Sprint)
    My cousin works for Palm as 1st level tech support(as in the guy who tells you to reboot or do a partial erase) and he's saying next Tuesday or Wednesday if sprint and verizon release it on time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Butters3605 View Post
    I just did the same, maybe this will help keep my sanity. Here is the service I used, it is free.

ChangeDetection - Know when any web page changes

Not sure if this is the same as yours or not.
    That's not going to be very accurate
    They update their page a day after it was released according to the monitor page.
    So you'll find out about the new update before Palm updates their page.
    Quote Originally Posted by lightmagick View Post
    My cousin works for Palm as 1st level tech support(as in the guy who tells you to reboot or do a partial erase) and he's saying next Tuesday or Wednesday if sprint and verizon release it on time.
    this...not next?
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    this...not next?
    As in 2/23/10 or 2/24/10

And I really hope he's not just messing with me cause I don't have money for a trip to Cali to kick his *****.
    Last edited by lightmagick; 02/19/2010 at 05:23 PM. Reason: Just Cause
    Quote Originally Posted by lightmagick View Post
    As in 2/23/10 or 2/24/10
    so this coming week....but i still dont believe till i c it...no offense...too many damn rumors
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Oooh, and another date enters, the fray. Well, next Tuesday or Wednesday would still fit the February time frame set by Palm at CES. Anyone believe this kid or can back it up?
    LG Rumor -> HTC Touch -> Palm Pixi -> Palm Pre+ (if they ever bring it to Sprint)
    Quote Originally Posted by kirk0625 View Post
    Oooh, and another date enters, the fray. Well, next Tuesday or Wednesday would still fit the February time frame set by Palm at CES. Anyone believe this kid or can back it up?
    imo...u shouldnt believe anyone...just have high hopes!...and if hes right then gr8! if not then w.e we w8!
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

my cat seems to think it will be next tuesday... he is right about 50% of the time. but he is an iphone freak so he could be just getting my hopes up to crush them at the last minute...
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaikh View Post
    Are you for real? 8 pm in which time zone?
    I found this to be true also, PST

Sprint Pre- Meta-Doctor 2.1.0 w/Flash

Everything is Amazing & Nobody is Happy, "People with their mobile phones, "uh... oh... it won't..."... GIVE IT A SECOND... IT'S GOING TO SPACE!" Louis C.K.
    We need casperstar to tell us when the release date for 1.4 is
    Last edited by Adam Carr; 02/19/2010 at 05:36 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Demlor View Post
    That's not going to be very accurate
    They update their page a day after it was released according to the monitor page.
    So you'll find out about the new update before Palm updates their page.
    I am monitoring both Sprint Support and Palm Support, hopefully one of them with post it quickly, I am just trying to give my update app, screen, and finger a break.

Sprint Pre- Meta-Doctor 2.1.0 w/Flash

Everything is Amazing & Nobody is Happy, "People with their mobile phones, "uh... oh... it won't..."... GIVE IT A SECOND... IT'S GOING TO SPACE!" Louis C.K.
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    well I just took roll call. Everybody here good, just like on the 15th. I don't think I'll be able to get any sleep tonight. It's like the night before the first day of school, or xmas eve just so darn excited. Oh snap wait we are missing one peson, hondacop who is going to post first or lie to us. I kind of miss that troll. He was good for a laff or two. C'mon 1.4 I'm ready!!!!
    What is giving people the idea that today is the day?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiddlekins View Post
    Not sure, PreCentral tweeted that the update was delayed by a week, so by that logic, expect it after the 22nd or thereabouts.
    Did a search on google and found this
    It's about a couple weeks old, but it's from the Palm forums
    Palm Forums - webOS 1.4 Update

"Tooner over on BAW, Sprint's official forum posted this;

Get even more out of your Palm Pre and Pixi, Palm webOS 1.4 update is on the horizon.

I wanted to let everyone know that we’re planning to have an update to your Palm Pre and Palm Pixi later this quarter. We’ll be updating to Palm webOS 1.4. A few of the key updates include:

* Video Capture functionality with editing capability
    * Adobe Flash Player 10 (Palm Pre only)
    * Full Phonebook transfer capabilities
    * Calendar Enhancements
    * Messaging Enhancements

These are just a few of the high-lights with much more detail to come. I’m sure there will be a lot of questions around timing and details of the update and I won’t be able to share any more than what is listed above but we wanted to let our Community know it was coming.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I responded with this;

Palm announced earlier this month that we will be getting this update in Feb.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He responded with this;

Hi Levi4u – Thanks for posting. It’s important to remember that the date our manufacturers list as the release date for an update doesn’t necessarily mean that’s the date you will actually get the update. We have a certification process that has to be completed first. As soon as we get the update we’ll make that happen as quickly as possible.

Basically stating we may not get it in Feb but LATAER this quarter. So who is correct? Palm since they announced it at the CES or Tooner?"
    We Need to get Tom Hank's Character from the Davinci code and Angels and demons.. here to Analyze what all the different dates , symbols and numbers really mean.. lol in regards to the update.. and yes for what its worth I too was one of those guys who kept checking the update application on his phone..:-) cant wait for it to arrive.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiddlekins View Post
    lol because it wasnt yesterday.. or the day before that.. or the day before that.. lol :-)
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    I'm about 2 blocks away from a huge sprint store they have like 6 techs on duty at all times I wonder if they know anything they should have some info for people that need help have problems and stuff when it does drop rite or am I just wishing and grasping at air
    Quote Originally Posted by del420 View Post
    I'm about 2 blocks away from a huge sprint store they have like 6 techs on duty at all times I wonder if they know anything they should have some info for people that need help have problems and stuff when it does drop rite or am I just wishing and grasping at air
    Grab em some donuts, get friendly with them, get the update date, come back and post on PC