View Poll Results: Who do you think is holding up the 1.4 update?

Voters
959. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sprint

118 12.30%
  • Verizon

579 60.38%
  • Palm

262 27.32%
Page 33 of 175 FirstFirst ... 232829303132333435363738 43 83 133 ... LastLast
    Alrighty then, nothing to see here. Move along.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    One of my co-workers at the radio station group I work for has an 8Ball. I asked it if 1.4 was coming today and it said "no".
    Quote Originally Posted by twinmoons View Post
    While we are here waiting for 1.4 to arrive, I want to take this opportunity to once again complain about how badly we need better marketing for the Pre. On launch day for Verizon, I went to two LARGE Verizon stores in my area (Fullerton, California) and NEITHER had them in stock! One of the stores said that they should have them in "a few days". I was shocked. Not only that, there wasn't even any sort of hype built up in the store. There were no posters, no signs, NOTHING. I was expecting at least a poster to say that the Pre was coming. Absolutely nothing. Everywhere I looked around, all I saw were Droid posters. Droid this, droid that. Even today when I visit these two stores, the biggest displays are centered around the Droid.

Also, I was just reading the latest news that Verizon will be enabling unlimited Skype-to-Skype calls using their 3G network on smartphones. Is the Pre one of those phones? NO. The only phones supported are 6 Blackberry models, the Droid, Droid Eris, and Motorola Devour. Something like Skype support would be a huge boost for the Pre, but sadly it's nowhere close to being there. What version of WebOS will that come in? 2.0? 3.0?

Don't get me wrong. I love my Pre Plus so far and I realize that it's a fairly new device, but Palm needs to step it up, especially with their marketing efforts and support for the most popular apps.
    funny, i was on the way to work today and noticed a huge pre plus billboard on the highway(boca raton,fl on I-95 North). it must have just went up because i only noticed it today. i would have taken a picture but then i would have to reach in my pocket, take out the phone, go to launcher....blah blah blah and by the time i would be ready to snap the shot, i would've passed the billboard already
    Quote Originally Posted by fastamx79 View Post
    One of my co-workers at the radio station group I work for has an 8Ball. I asked it if 1.4 was coming today and it said "no".
    I asked my 8Ball and it said: "Better not tell you now."

Even the 8Ball is under secrecy.

-Toaster
    Quote Originally Posted by toasterthegamer View Post
    I asked my 8Ball and it said: "Better not tell you now."

Even the 8Ball is under secrecy.

-Toaster
    First Cha Cha (whatever that is) turned on us, now our 8-Balls are denying us 1.4. They are in cahoots!!!!
    My Manic 8Ball App, told me "Your MOM says yes"...

... I'm taking that to the bank. 1.4 WILL be out today, after all, my MOM says!
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
    its back
    I've came to the conclusion a few days ago that the tweet pre central put out about it being delayed a week is true. I've gave up hope for this week, and have set my eyes on a Monday release.

Hopefully I'm wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by hatchettjack View Post
    its back
    who are you and did you bring 1.4 with you?
    It's always something it's never nothing......................................
    hey I jus got 1.4 anybody else
    ^ Meh.
    Quote Originally Posted by palmpreboss View Post
    Stop that !
    Must have made a mistake, now it's back in the Palm Pre section.
    Quote Originally Posted by palmpreboss View Post

First post ever to an interweb forum. Is this ^^^^^ trolling, case in point?
    I am waiting the video recorder . . .
    Global Posts
    752 Global Posts
    If we're not getting webos 1.4, can we at least have milk and chocolate cookies..?
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    ok...from the looks of this thread it is quite obvious that otherwise smart and normal people have gone completley Looney Tunes!
    Let's try and regain our composure and sense of decorum.
    With that said...
    WHEN THE !%?*! IS THIS DARNED UPDATE COMING ALREDY!....err, um...ok, sorry for yelling.
    Quote Originally Posted by bruba View Post
    If we're not getting webos 1.4, can we at least have milk and chocolate cookies..?
    I second this.
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
    Quote Originally Posted by seistoes View Post
    ok...from the looks of this thread it is quite obvious that otherwise smart and normal people have gone completley Looney Tunes!
    Let's try and regain our composure and sense of decorum.
    With that said...
    WHEN THE !%?*! IS THIS DARNED UPDATE COMING ALREDY!....err, um...ok, sorry for yelling.
    Haha! I came onto the forums looking for a place to vent about not having seen 1.4 yet, and sure enough, this was the VERY first entry.

I'm glad to see there are more people than me getting really impatient in waiting for this patch!