View Poll Results: Who do you think is holding up the 1.4 update?

Voters
959. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sprint

118 12.30%
  • Verizon

579 60.38%
  • Palm

262 27.32%
Page 32 of 175 FirstFirst ... 222728293031323334353637 42 82 132 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by scoobdude View Post
    Try craigslist?
    eww.. A used hand puppet off craigslist? Can you say have fun with ur new pet crabs.
    This thread took a turn... :S
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
    Quote Originally Posted by rlee2001 View Post
    You are married.

Now there are TWO things I want and can't have:

WebOS 1.4 and dianehelen!

Yep, married, for almost 32 mostly happy years..
    I have always been a "Phone" person. My love of "Phones" started at an early age. Avatar to the left, is circa 1952, see the sparkle in my lil toddler eyes
    Cell History: Bag Phone, Brick Phone, Various Micro Tacs, Treo's, Centro, the PRE!

I Pre

Quote Originally Posted by powerbyte View Post
    I thought other updates anticipation threads were ridiculous, but all this 1.4 update stuff has just gome waaaaaaay beyond that....

oh btw....does anyone know when 1.5 will arrive.
    After 1.4.x, but before 1.6. I heard this from a reliable source too!
    did anybody notice in the application "tap flick slide it" it says "voice commands coming soon, we're waiting for Palm to update WebOS"

so i'm guessing voice commands are coming in 1.4?
    i hope voice command comes. It does just seem like software.

I love that this device is so infantile, it makes all firmware updates so exciting
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    It's friday... end of the work week... well into February.... looks like a nice day for a webos update I'll give them a call and tell them to go ahead and release it. :P
    This thread has moved...is it a sign? :/
    Man, this has been a bad one. What, exactly, are we expecting in 1.4 that's so awesome that we managed to kill _another_ anticipation thread?!?
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    crappy forum software?
    Hmmm, maybe.
    I think it does fit better in this category though.
    So they could just be organizing things better
    Psalm 11:6
    Upon the wicked he shall rain snares, fire and brimstone,
    and an horrible tempest: this shall be the portion of their cup.
    They only moved it to the General webOS Chat forum. Maybe it's a sign??
    Why was the thread moved? Does that mean the update not coming soon so they moved the thread back to this section? Or is it coming soon and a mod. moved it to make room for a new sticky in the Palm Pre forum ?

I don't like change!
    Everything is a sign... of something.

Nothing is also a sign.
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
    Maybe stupid verizon is making the update a hold up! It is the 1st update since the Plus came out!
    Global Posts
    300 Global Posts
    Why did this form get moved? I got excited, worried and confused all at the same time!!!
    While we are here waiting for 1.4 to arrive, I want to take this opportunity to once again complain about how badly we need better marketing for the Pre. On launch day for Verizon, I went to two LARGE Verizon stores in my area (Fullerton, California) and NEITHER had them in stock! One of the stores said that they should have them in "a few days". I was shocked. Not only that, there wasn't even any sort of hype built up in the store. There were no posters, no signs, NOTHING. I was expecting at least a poster to say that the Pre was coming. Absolutely nothing. Everywhere I looked around, all I saw were Droid posters. Droid this, droid that. Even today when I visit these two stores, the biggest displays are centered around the Droid.

Also, I was just reading the latest news that Verizon will be enabling unlimited Skype-to-Skype calls using their 3G network on smartphones. Is the Pre one of those phones? NO. The only phones supported are 6 Blackberry models, the Droid, Droid Eris, and Motorola Devour. Something like Skype support would be a huge boost for the Pre, but sadly it's nowhere close to being there. What version of WebOS will that come in? 2.0? 3.0?

Don't get me wrong. I love my Pre Plus so far and I realize that it's a fairly new device, but Palm needs to step it up, especially with their marketing efforts and support for the most popular apps.
    nope usually it's on the main pre forum area so that's a downgrade, bad news if you ask me
    They moved it under one banner because ppl are tired of having parallel conversations about the same thing. They moved it because instead of people searching for the topic they are about to post they just post it. They moved it because they have created one godlike thread. This minimized clutter, so that I can see new real issues while i patiently wait for Web OS 1.4.

I say Bravo Precentral!

P.S

They moved it because they can~!
    Are bad people born that way? Or did something go terribly wrong?