View Poll Results: Who do you think is holding up the 1.4 update?

Voters
959. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sprint

    118 12.30%
  • Verizon

    579 60.38%
  • Palm

    262 27.32%
Page 3 of 175 FirstFirst 12345678 13 53 103 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 3481
  1. njeske's Avatar
    Posts
    27 Posts
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    #41  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey47 View Post
    But that is what universal search is for, just start typing their name -- no flicking needed!
    since WebOS lacks voice dialing, it's difficult to find proper contacts while driving. it's much easier to quickly flick through contacts than try typing while on the road. i too would like to see a way to setup contact groups and only show certain groups in the default phone list view.
  2. #42  
    This is sooo lame.! i have been here all day and well no update. does anyone actually know what the messaging updates would be>?
  3. rcgaryk's Avatar
    Posts
    92 Posts
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    #43  
    Quote Originally Posted by mairboy View Post
    Your right, They don't owe us anything but updates are always free and they will always be free. but it's actually in their interest to update their platform or no one would use their phones. You don't see Microsoft asking for money for all the update you get with Vista.
    What an insult to WebOS...comparing it to Vista, lol!
    Running Homebrew on my Pre, Wii, PSP and DS. The DS ruined the rhyming that was going on there...sigh.
  4. #44  
    Quote Originally Posted by lucabus View Post
    Palm isn't giving you "Free" updates, you paid a premium for your phone, that included Palm's software services (i.e., Palm backup, OTA updates, etc.). I'm an average smartphone user. I use it for business. I like Palm, I believe(d) in Palm. But honestly, Palm needs to learn a little P.R. -- and yes, they do owe it to their most loyal fans to refute rumors that are just outright false. They absolutely do. Otherwise, they lose fans -- and let's be honest, Palm can't afford to lose ANY fans right now... they're losing money left and right.

    So, when it comes time for my upgrade in a few months, I'll personally be seriously reconsidering a Palm phone... and it all goes back to an awfully sad, and easily fixable P.R. situation. This is what separates the Googles and Apples of the world from Palm. They just can't compete.
    I say "hogwash" -- Palm cannot possible stay on top of every single "rumor" that may exist out there regarding their products. They have said it will be out in February, last I checked that is a four week period of time. They never said the 15th. Just because some guy who claims he works for sprints creates a screen shot that says 1.4 is coming on the the 15th, does not mean it is, nor does it mean that Palm "owes" it to you to clarify the rumor.

    What if it is completely out of Palm's hands right now? What if they turned 1.4 over to the carriers on 1/25 and have to wait to get approval from all the carriers before it is officially released? That could mean it come out literally any day in February. It could be in 5 minutes or it could be two weeks from now, they may not know.

    So how in the world could they refute something that they have no control over?
  5. mario8267's Avatar
    Posts
    4 Posts
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    #45  
    have you tried quick contacts in app catalog? there is a free version and the full version is 2.99... works great
  6. #46  
    What's Vista? :P


    I am anticipating more silliness soon, I hope
  7. #47  
    I hear you i do for the most part, but i hate being limited to doing it 1 way, when you get 300 + contacts you start forgetting who you should be sending things to, So categories is just another way to be very organized which is what smartphones should be

    Also I can not stand the calender on this phone, why can I not see colors in my monthly view, I don't even use it no more, i actually keep my Treo 680 with me still
  8. #48  
    Quote Originally Posted by lucabus View Post
    Palm isn't giving you "Free" updates, you paid a premium for your phone, that included Palm's software services (i.e., Palm backup, OTA updates, etc.). I'm an average smartphone user. I use it for business. I like Palm, I believe(d) in Palm. But honestly, Palm needs to learn a little P.R. -- and yes, they do owe it to their most loyal fans to refute rumors that are just outright false. They absolutely do. Otherwise, they lose fans -- and let's be honest, Palm can't afford to lose ANY fans right now... they're losing money left and right.

    So, when it comes time for my upgrade in a few months, I'll personally be seriously reconsidering a Palm phone... and it all goes back to an awfully sad, and easily fixable P.R. situation. This is what separates the Googles and Apples of the world from Palm. They just can't compete.
    Yea, the way that Apple does it, where the updates happen once a year with no guidance whatsoever is better

    The way that Goole does it, where your phone just gets completely abandoned for months and months and months (e.g. the HTC Hero) is better
  9. #49  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey47 View Post
    I say "hogwash" -- Palm cannot possible stay on top of every single "rumor" that may exist out there regarding their products. They have said it will be out in February, last I checked that is a four week period of time. They never said the 15th. Just because some guy who claims he works for sprints creates a screen shot that says 1.4 is coming on the the 15th, does not mean it is, nor does it mean that Palm "owes" it to you to clarify the rumor.

    What if it is completely out of Palm's hands right now? What if they turned 1.4 over to the carriers on 1/25 and have to wait to get approval from all the carriers before it is officially released? That could mean it come out literally any day in February. It could be in 5 minutes or it could be two weeks from now, they may not know.

    So how in the world could they refute something that they have no control over?

    I agree. I also concur with my own agreement. Whassat!?
  10. #50  
    [quote=lucabus;2224665if they let us all down today, i'll really lose a lot of respect for the whole platform. it's unprofessional really.[/quote]

    Show me where Palm has said that 1.4 will unequivocally come out on the 15th and I will agree.
  11. #51  
    Quote Originally Posted by copasetic View Post
    What's Vista? :P


    I am anticipating more silliness soon, I hope

    Umm, no.
  12. kd0axs's Avatar
    Posts
    282 Posts
    Global Posts
    751 Global Posts
    #52  
    Quote Originally Posted by vincenzo View Post
    Just until the update comes out. Palm never told you it was coming out today. A thread on a forum did. And as soon as it does come out, you'll bask in its awesomeness, and forget you ever complained about its release.
    Exactly. Palm NEVER said that 1.4 was coming out today. They said 1.4 would be out sometime in February. They still have half the month left. This whole rumor that 1.4 would be here today was started by someone that supposedly works for Sprint that posted a screenshot of an email that they supposedly got.
  13. #53  
    They must "HURRY" i need this update. once again does anyone know the exact messaging enhancements?
  14. rcgaryk's Avatar
    Posts
    92 Posts
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    #54  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey47 View Post
    Show me where Palm has said that 1.4 will unequivocally come out on the 15th and I will agree.
    My point exactly. PALM didn't say that it was coming out on the 15th. Someone "From Sprint" posted a "screenshot" from "Sprint". I'm sorry but as someone who works for a company where forums are a major component of our business you simply cannot address each and every rumor out there. Not only that, when you address a rumor you also someone validate it too. They have done one hell of a job supporting the community, they deserve the benefit of the doubt. Especially when THEY weren't the ones responsible for the rumor in the first place!
    Running Homebrew on my Pre, Wii, PSP and DS. The DS ruined the rhyming that was going on there...sigh.
  15. #55  
    Quote Originally Posted by Demlor View Post
    Umm, no.
    OK then on to another thread. Thx.
  16. #56  
    Quote Originally Posted by rcgaryk View Post
    What an insult to WebOS...comparing it to Vista, lol!
    Hey I love Palm, but how can you call anything an insult to Microsoft. They are kinda the kings when it comes to computers and software, if you can prove other wise be my guest, Palm can only dream of being as big as Microsoft, Apple dreams too.
  17. danib62's Avatar
    Posts
    160 Posts
    Global Posts
    177 Global Posts
    #57  
    Think of it this way. All the original iPhone 3G users are still waiting to get video recording capabilities and it's not coming. Be thankful that Palm is releasing this perk for people who already have devices unlike apple which gets off on being withholding.
  18. #58  
    i was just trying to do my update to see if there was anything and i got the unable to connect . try again later.... OH DAMN THIS IS A GOOD THING
  19. #59  
    Palm didn't bring these phones out to compete with Iphone 3G, It's out to compete with 3GS, and whatever else Apple throws out this year
  20. revrico's Avatar
    Posts
    11 Posts
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    #60  
    Quote Originally Posted by mairboy View Post
    Hey I love Palm, but how can you call anything an insult to Microsoft. They are kinda the kings when it comes to computers and software, if you can prove other wise be my guest, Palm can only dream of being as big as Microsoft, Apple dreams too.
    Just because their big doesn't mean they are good or right. They made something an ***** could use, which allows for most of the general population. The problem is, they rush everything out the gate, never test, and never listen to consumer feedback. Look at WIndows in general. I honestly haven't liked it since 3.1. Let alone the epic fail that is the 360.

    This is not the place to teach people what is wrong with Micro$oft. If they can't see it, let them suffer with inferior technology.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions