View Poll Results: Who do you think is holding up the 1.4 update?

Voters
959. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sprint

118 12.30%
  • Verizon

579 60.38%
  • Palm

262 27.32%
Page 27 of 175 FirstFirst ... 1722232425262728293031323777127 ... LastLast
    Palm rep was in my Verizon store this afternoon. Said 1.4 would be out in about a week [not that I was asking]. That's from a Palm rep - and that info is about as useful as a Windows progress bar.
    Is 1.4 going to be out this week?

If I don't have video recording and certain calendar enhancements this week I am going to take my Pre back for a refund! This is hog wash!!
    Quote Originally Posted by iRobot View Post
    they said it would be out this month. is that not good enough? it's not Palms fault people are so impatient. If they gave a week, people would want to know the exact day. If they gave the day, people would want to know the hour. They told us it would be in Feb, and it would have recording capabilities. I think that's pretty darn fair. It isnt so easy to just put out a major release update like this as it is.
    I agree....and it's def worth the wait but a month is a large time span to not give any update. That's my only complaint. Besides that I'd still give Palm an "A" for their work and efforts.
    Quote Originally Posted by showmrock View Post
    starting to get a little bummed out...this is a big update for me. I would def benefit greatly shooting videos but wish Palm or carriers would communicate with us a little better on it's release...
    I don't know if Palm is intentionally keeping us in the dark, or they are scrambling to get the finishing touches and testing done, or Sprint/Verizon/etc. are in the loop with their testing/delays, or a combination of all three.

Either way, you have to admit, the anticipation is keeping everyone buzzing about the update. As long as it is "positive buzz", Palm is okay; but eventually (if not already), people are going to be livid (especially if Palm misses the February date).

I'm not expecting anything until the end of the month, so I've set myself up for very little disappointment. But at this point, all we can do is wait and hope that 1.4 meets our expectations when it drops.... any day now.
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Treo 700wx--> HTC Touch Diamond--> Palm Pre & HTC EVO 4G.
    Frankly if video recording was THAT important to you, then you should've bought a phone with it from the get-go. But being that you didn't, I'm guessing it's really not THAT important
    I really hope it brings more than video recording....it's not something I would use often just because the quality will probably suck. I think I would rather have a spell checker...or virtual keyboard for landscape mode
    Quote Originally Posted by showmrock View Post
    I agree....and it's def worth the wait but a month is a large time span to not give any update. That's my only complaint. Besides that I'd still give Palm an "A" for their work and efforts.
    True, a month is a long time. I'm just glad it wasn't "by the end of Q1" or something to that effect, then it's really bad, and is usually right down to the end of Q1. I don't mind waiting til the end of Feb. I only hope it's a stable release, and everything goes smoothly. No matter what though, I imagine some people will be happy with what it brings, while some will be let down that certain features or functions werent added.
    I think company leaks and rumored updates/releases are so 2 years ago. If it isn't a confirmed rumor why post it? People are going bipolar over an update (granted a significant 1)! I wish it were here to but right now the update app is laughing at me. In fact, it's laughing at all of us. I love webOS but most of this stuff (aside from flash support) shouldn't even be an update. It should've been here at launch.
    I'm trying not to think about it..though it is a little like christmas when it happens..lol...But I do think it would be nice if, when Palm sets a date for release, they give us a date that is like 3 weeks LATER...that way we don't do this. Hasn't every update been later than they said each time?
    Psalm 11:6
    Upon the wicked he shall rain snares, fire and brimstone,
    and an horrible tempest: this shall be the portion of their cup.
    Quote Originally Posted by Insp_Gadget View Post

Either way, you have to admit, the anticipation is keeping everyone buzzing about the update. As long as it is "positive buzz", Palm is okay; but eventually (if not already), people are going to be livid (especially if Palm misses the February date).

I'm not expecting anything until the end of the month, so I've set myself up for very little disappointment. But at this point, all we can do is wait and hope that 1.4 meets our expectations when it drops.... any day now.
    lol I could imagine Palm on March 1st
    without dropping the update. MASSIVE forum riot forsure.
    Last edited by showmrock; 02/18/2010 at 05:20 PM.
    I think 1.4 is gonna hit this weekend. I feel a weekend push.
    Global Posts
    300 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mwarez View Post
    I really hope it brings more than video recording....it's not something I would use often just because the quality will probably suck. I think I would rather have a spell checker...or virtual keyboard for landscape mode
    The Video recording with precorder is actually pretty decent minus the few bugs it has (its only in alpha testing) and they already have virtual keyboard in landscape mode. But again it could be better.
    Palm or Sprint should send you a text when there's an update
    I hope the update comes out this weekend.
    I wonder if they meant 1.4 would be released for carriers to test by the end of the month, and not consumers to use, that would really be horrible..

Its almost the end of Feb. they really are using the whole month at disposal, i am curious if any VRZ or Sprint reps have 1.4 presently to test ...
    R.I.P Palm Centro (6.5.09)
    New Pre Owner (6.6.09)

What mainly seems important to me in this update is the future for flash.
    It excites me to know what capabilities are in store for us with it as far as apps go.
    Quote Originally Posted by Impulsebuyer View Post
    I wonder if they meant 1.4 would be released for carriers to test by the end of the month, and not consumers to use, that would really be horrible..

Its almost the end of Feb. they really are using the whole month at disposal, i am curious if any VRZ or Sprint reps have 1.4 presently to test ...
    I'm pretty sure Palm wouldn't say that just to dissappoint people, I still think it will be out by the end of the month.
    I'd really like a photoshop app (like on the iphone... ****): sth. to crop, lighten up, b/w or add text to an image before kickin it out to the world just one minute after takin it with my pre somewhere in the woods. =)

but that is not really a flash-issue, is it...
    Blahh Sprint/palm said that we would have video and flash a year ago .. dont hold your breath on this one...
    Help a guy thats down and out on his luck..
    Quote Originally Posted by upperking View Post
    Blahh Sprint/palm said that we would have video and flash a year ago .. dont hold your breath on this one...
    Lies

They have already demonstrated both video capture and Adobe Flash on live hardware. Developers have the 1.4 firmware already. What is there to doubt?