View Poll Results: Who do you think is holding up the 1.4 update?

Voters
959. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sprint

118 12.30%
  • Verizon

579 60.38%
  • Palm

262 27.32%
Page 23 of 175 FirstFirst ... 131819202122232425262728 33 73 123 ... LastLast
    I don't think the update is going to have flash. I read something that suggested it may come later. The biggest thing for me is to see if they optimized the OS because there is some lag in there.
    if some of you homebrewers want video while you are waiting for 1.4, you can try precorder.
    Global Posts
    387 Global Posts
    I am more interested in performance enhancement, Speed. That 1.4 Dieter demo seem pretty snappy.
    Global Posts
    300 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shaynedog78 View Post
    if some of you homebrewers want video while you are waiting for 1.4, you can try precorder.
    Oh yes, I have and use Precorder, have been since i caught wind of it! but obviously the not being able to see what your recording + if you cross 2 minutes you lose everything is a turn off lol. BUT I used it when i snowboarding with my friends, I lost a lot of video because I didnt know about the 2 minute limit thing at the time, but the shots that I did capture turned out really good! I actually dropped my pre into the snow several times and nothing bad happened to it! and it kept recording nicely with the flash having a pretty neat effect in the snow lol.

One more problem though i noticed was that over time the audio and the video were off with precorder... I dont know if thats a universal issue or not.

In anycase, I would like a legit camcorder with editing and all those goodies. I am one of those people who like to document funny moments with friends with cameras haha. But no so much that I am willing to carry a whole different HD camera with me all the time.
    (palm webos version 1.4) add up the numbers and letters and you get 18. the 18th it is!!!
    Add the dot and it is the 19

So I checked preware and I had about 5 patches that needed "updates". I'm already updated to aupt-3 version 1.3.5-3 and they actually backdated to 1.3.5-23. Sign of things to come? Maybe those features will be implemented in the very near 1.4. I'm just saying....

Anyone want to humor me and check preware?
    Global Posts
    387 Global Posts
    I really do think 1.4 will be push out next week. With MWC going on this week, palm is playing selfish not wanting to share the headlines.
    1.4 and flash..

-Toaster

P.S. it isn't real lol Lighten up about the whole 1.4 thing people it'll get here soon enough.
    Quote Originally Posted by dkotoric1 View Post
    The update doesn't have to come out the same day to sprint and verizon. So I doubt that's the issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by Demlor View Post
    http://<font color="Blue">How the we...s works</font>.

"The carrier is where most update delays originate. Each carrier has their own review process and quality standards. Some like Sprint are pretty lax and seem to push out updates more quickly, while others like Verizon have a history of testing and update until there isn’t a single thing left to test. The corporate philosophy of Verizon seems to be changing, so that may no longer be the case, but we have yet to see a major update come through since the “new” Verizon began with the Motorola Droid."
    Sorry, but you that only backs up what he said and discredits what you said prior. The quote you posted says that sprint is lax about it and verizon is not. Where does it say that the updates have to come out at the same time for both carriers? That's all.
    Tomorrow is today here (in the east part of the world)..its 18th now...no update...*sigh*..I've seen the future...!
    Quote Originally Posted by abhinandanjain View Post
    ..I've seen the future...!
    Yeah, but you see the future everyday, those of us here in the West are living in the past.
    Quote Originally Posted by mjkjr View Post
    Sorry, but you that only backs up what he said and discredits what you said prior. The quote you posted says that sprint is lax about it and verizon is not. Where does it say that the updates have to come out at the same time for both carriers? That's all.
    Did you read what was in bold?
    The carriers as in Verizon/Sprint is where the delays originate.
    Meaning Verizon could have saw something they wanted to fix, sent it back to Palm to redo it.
    They aren't going to release it differently for each carrier, if that was the case Sprint customers would probably have 1.4 by now.
    In my eyes that just seems stupid of Palm to release it two times.
    Played along with the video and my sprint pre, video beat me just a little to open device info and a lot to open browser.
    Quote Originally Posted by Demlor View Post
    Did you read what was in bold?
    The carriers as in Verizon/Sprint is where the delays originate.
    Meaning Verizon could have saw something they wanted to fix, sent it back to Palm to redo it.
    They aren't going to release it differently for each carrier, if that was the case Sprint customers would probably have 1.4 by now.
    In my eyes that just seems stupid of Palm to release it two times.
    damn Verizon! holding back my update!
    There are two versions of WebOs Dr Why wouldn't there be two versions of the update?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cringer View Post
    Watch the video on the front page right now, guys should probably limit their expectations based on that alone. I saw nothing special in speed improvement on that phone.
    yea i can tell you it isnt any more special than what you saw there
    anybody here use to play the old march madness basketball games? **** Vitale used to sing a lilttle song that went "anticipation....you're making me wait!".

lol this thread made me think of that.
    did you here about the guy who has WebOs 1.4?

as a old friend used to say...

Lets roll out
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaikh View Post
    Yup! Its official! Tomorrow is the day!!!!! (however all you math wizzes out there should come up with an equation for the 19th... just in case)

P.S. All jokes aside, I really hope its tomorrow! I wanna make videos with my phone.. sigh...

(P.P.S. I dont know what the extra P in P.P.S. stands for...)
    The same as the first: Post