View Poll Results: Who do you think is holding up the 1.4 update?

Voters
959. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sprint

118 12.30%
  • Verizon

579 60.38%
  • Palm

262 27.32%
Page 22 of 175 FirstFirst ... 1217181920212223242526273272122 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by shaynedog78 View Post
    Anybody know what the dead kitten count is up to? somebody was killing them 1 every hour in protest. or did they give up?
    Nah, the Mods thought it was unacceptable and off-topic and deleted all the posts.
    Which I totally agree with them.
    ...oooor we just ran out of kittens? we had seven in the beginning, right?

7 kittens times 9 lives = 56 kittens thrown, 7 dead -> still no 1.4...

so, does palm hate kittens more or all us morons following this thread?
    so, thats why they deleted the posts! sorry, I lol at some of them but I understand. thanks!
    with the ota update of the droid eris being pushed out right now do you think that will effect 1.4 being launched?
    they deleted about 567876986 pages of off-topic, i don't think it was particularly the kitten-thingy...

btw i'm pretty ****ed since i read they probably won't let the gpu handle the menu... pre will still look like a poor imitate compared to the iphone... my dad has one and i'm tellin you, if i had the money, i'd be runnin apple only... :P we have nice improvements on our site, but the (non)speed still grinds my gears.

anyway, our hope never dies!
    Quote Originally Posted by trevgriff View Post
    with the ota update of the droid eris being pushed out right now do you think that will effect 1.4 being launched?
    What's effecting the update is Verizon, they are pretty tough and hard-***** when it comes to making the updates perfect/non-buggy
    Which I'm definitely on board for.
    Quote Originally Posted by trevgriff View Post
    I dont think it would have much to do with 1.4 being launched. I still believe that 1.4 will come out as soon as it is ready.

I am starting to believe that the 18th is a good day!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Demlor View Post
    What's effecting the update is Verizon, they are pretty tough and hard-***** when it comes to making the updates perfect/non-buggy
    Which I'm definitely on board for.
    The update doesn't have to come out the same day to sprint and verizon. So I doubt that's the issue.
    Global Posts
    300 Global Posts
    Why do the people who think the 18th is a good day think that 18th is a good day? Its Thursday... not really special... Other than its tomorrow and everyone would love for it to be the right day. But other than wishful thinking, for what reason would the 18th be a good day?

Im not being a skeptic! I would LOVE for it to come out asap, but im guessing/hoping there is a reason behind 18th being a good day lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaikh View Post
    Why do the people who think the 18th is a good day think that 18th is a good day? Its Thursday... not really special... Other than its tomorrow and everyone would love for it to be the right day. But other than wishful thinking, for what reason would the 18th be a good day?

Im not being a skeptic! I would LOVE for it to come out asap, but im guessing/hoping there is a reason behind 18th being a good day lol.
    because, i say so!!! and wishfull thinking!

Isn't it OBVIOUS?

18 = 9 x 2

9 - 2 = 7

How many letters in PALM PRE??

That's right.....7

Its science.
    Quote Originally Posted by dkotoric1 View Post
    The update doesn't have to come out the same day to sprint and verizon. So I doubt that's the issue.
    How the webOS update process works.

"The carrier is where most update delays originate. Each carrier has their own review process and quality standards. Some like Sprint are pretty lax and seem to push out updates more quickly, while others like Verizon have a history of testing and update until there isn’t a single thing left to test. The corporate philosophy of Verizon seems to be changing, so that may no longer be the case, but we have yet to see a major update come through since the “new” Verizon began with the Motorola Droid."
    Global Posts
    300 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rlee2001 View Post
    Isn't it OBVIOUS?

18 = 9 x 2

9 - 2 = 7

How many letters in PALM PRE??

That's right.....7

Its science.
    Dude, that make sooooo much sense! Its like your Robert Langdon! (OR Sherlock if you wanna be more classic)
    not to forget the 7 kittens we offered, each 9 times for the 2 good causes (flash and 1.4)... it's in there...
    hahaha this is deep!!! silence of the lambs deep
    Global Posts
    300 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Day Pré Tomorrow View Post
    not to forget the 7 kittens we offered, each 9 times for the 2 good causes (flash and 1.4)... it's in there...
    Yup! Its official! Tomorrow is the day!!!!! (however all you math wizzes out there should come up with an equation for the 19th... just in case)

P.S. All jokes aside, I really hope its tomorrow! I wanna make videos with my phone.. sigh...

(P.P.S. I dont know what the extra P in P.P.S. stands for...)
    Global Posts
    300 Global Posts
    Guys!! Guess what else makes 18! 7+9+2... its gotta be the 18th!
    hahaha

we are SOOOOO getting this update tomorrow!
    Hah
    Don't get your hopes up.
    I see how it's going to be. They want to play hardball? Ok then.
    I just kicked my dog. If I don't have an update by tmrw morn then he gets kicked again. And if no update by this weekend I start in on my wife.