View Poll Results: Who do you think is holding up the 1.4 update?

Voters
959. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sprint

118 12.30%
  • Verizon

579 60.38%
  • Palm

262 27.32%
Page 21 of 175 FirstFirst ... 1116171819202122232425263171121 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ratchetjaw View Post
    This thread may be 50 pages long or more before we have a 1.4 release thread lol.

Oh and i just got back from exchanging my Pre for the keyboard issue. I asked the tech person if they new when the update was coming out..they didnt know...but hell they spent 15 minutes trying to get my contacts off the old one before i asked what was taking so long and had to tell tech support that it does it OTA with synergy. ***? they dont know this and then they had the nerve to say oh its like the Droid? sad...just sad
    What keyboard issue were you having? I'm noticing that on mine it types the same key TWICE a lot. I have to admit, I'm beginning to slowly hate the keyboard. Just wish it was a little bigger. I also tried the virtual keyboard hack but it felt a bit buggy (rather slow and not very accurate).
  2. wnk
    Whoever that was in tech support needs to be fired or be required training.

I'd not go to that sprint store again personally.

I know this is completely off-topic but did anyone notice that in the device info card you can click on the menu and open a diagnostics page to test various things on your pre?
    Would have been useful a couple weeks ago. xD
    This thread may be 50 pages long or more before we have a 1.4 release thread lol.

Oh and i just got back from exchanging my Pre for the keyboard issue. I asked the tech person if they new when the update was coming out..they didnt know...but hell they spent 15 minutes trying to get my contacts off the old one before i asked what was taking so long and had to tell tech support that it does it OTA with synergy. ***? they dont know this and then they had the nerve to say oh its like the Droid? sad...just sad
    lol... i was at popeyes getting chicken (2nd only to frenchy's) and the guy at the drive through window saw me playing on my pre. he opened the window and asked me if it was a mytouch w/google. wth? don't insult my phone like that.

anyhow, i made a post in another thread on the 14th saying that i had a friend who was a sprint store manager and he said the update was coming out on that day (14th at the time) after speaking to his palm rep. well... it didn't. sorry for the misinformation. he seemed a bit confused as well. sorry folks.
    1.4 update is here

for paratrooper
    Today marks the official release of the latest version of Paratrooper (version 1.4). The free upgrade for existing users includes:

1. 10 more levels for a total of 45 (some easy, some tricky)
    2. Some new objects to play with. Our favorite is the trampoline
    3. Slightly adjusted scoring. You can score a higher final score now by completing a level quicker. That means you can beat those global high scores again!

We're always interested in your feedback and would love to hear what you think of the newest additions to Paratrooper. What type of level is your favorite?

sorry guys couldn't pass up the opportunity
    Quote Originally Posted by blends View Post
    keep getting 404 error page when I use the update app. Maybe it's here...
    Please, for Palm's sake, stop launching and relaunching the update application.
    Quote Originally Posted by OmegaSupreme View Post
    lol... i was at popeyes getting chicken (2nd only to frenchy's)

No No No....Lee's Famous Recipe is the best chicken joint on the market
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiddlekins View Post
    Please, for Palm's sake, stop launching and relaunching the update application.
    now i've got no choice but you're right.
    Love Popeyes, havent had Frenchy's but we had a place in college called Tasty's that was off the chain. Nice screen name also you frat?
    not frat. omegasupreme was the second biggest transformer behind fortress maximus (sorry... i'm kind of a dork). i've been using this moniker for some time now on other forums and it used to be cool... until those craptastic tranformer movies came out. sigh.
    So has anyone heard anything at all about when 1.4 is coming? It seems like we have a lot of hype but no official word. This is by far the most hyped update of them all, and it would only help Palm to get this to the public sooner rather than later!
    OMG! here's the latest from the Palm blog:

...nothing.
    I'm going to go on record as saying it will be released at the 1500 app mark.

I am going to go against the odds and put flash as the 1500 or 1501 app as well

only caveat, I am talking standard catalog in the sprint pre.
    I know exactly when it's going to be here. ;-)
  13. wnk
    Quote Originally Posted by 1country View Post
    I know exactly when it's going to be here. ;-)
    Of course you do.
    I am pretty sure 1.4 will come out tomorrow.
    It seems like the 18th is a good date
    for something interesting can happen. =)
    Friday is the day.
    Global Posts
    177 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by brosner786 View Post
    Friday is the day.
    ooohhh unfounded internet rumors, my favorite!
    Quote Originally Posted by kompitas09 View Post
    I am pretty sure 1.4 will come out tomorrow.
    It seems like the 18th is a good date
    for something interesting can happen. =)
    oh how i hope this is true!!
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Quote Originally Posted by brosner786 View Post
    Friday is the day.
    ......after tomorrow.

Other than that, all bets are off.
    ZOMG!!!!!!!!!!!!111!!!1!!!!!1111

That #2 felt amazing!
    Anybody know what the dead kitten count is up to? somebody was killing them 1 every hour in protest. or did they give up?