View Poll Results: Who do you think is holding up the 1.4 update?

Voters
959. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sprint

118 12.30%
  • Verizon

579 60.38%
  • Palm

262 27.32%
Page 20 of 175 FirstFirst ... 101516171819202122232425 30 70 120 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dodgerblue View Post
    But it's fun to check. It's almost like you know you have a gift on the way but you don't know when it's coming....the anticipation is fun. No complaints...I'm having a good time.
    If by fun you mean I want to stab my eyeballs out before the "Your phone is up to date" screen gets burned permanently to my retinas, then Yes. Having a good time.
    Psalm 11:6
    Upon the wicked he shall rain snares, fire and brimstone,
    and an horrible tempest: this shall be the portion of their cup.
    they didnt update any app its still at 1487
    Global Posts
    322 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaikh View Post
    sigh... Guys it tells me I have app updates but when I click on the apps update button there are none. Is that an issue? Is there a way to fix it? Thanks!
    I had the same problem and this is what worked for me:

Don't click on the updates button in the Updates card. Open the app catalog and click on the little bag or whatever in the bottom right corner. It should show all of your apps and the ones with available updates.
    It would be really fun to see how many anticipation pages have been posted. I think this one here is the 3rd time precentral has remade the sticky anticipation thread. (at least since I've been reading)
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    Have you guy noticed the difference in the update utility?? It used to shoe the features of 1.3.5.2 when you tried to update but was already up to date... Now it just says "Phone uo to date"... IDK but maybe this is a sign that theyve been moving things around in there!!! I sure hope so!!
    Phone up to date for me too.
    Quote Originally Posted by oZEPPELINo View Post
    It would be really fun to see how many anticipation pages have been posted. I think this one here is the 3rd time precentral has remade the sticky anticipation thread. (at least since I've been reading)
    This is still the first sticky I believe, on Monday things got a bit too crazy and they deleted all 500 posts or something in this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nique0201 View Post
    Have you guy noticed the difference in the update utility?? It used to shoe the features of 1.3.5.2 when you tried to update but was already up to date... Now it just says "Phone uo to date"... IDK but maybe this is a sign that theyve been moving things around in there!!! I sure hope so!!
    Mine still shows the Feature Highlights.
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    strange mine stopped doing it and juss says phone up to date!!
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Silicon valley is suffering some power issues (Facebook got hit too) - Small plane down in East Palo Alto - San Jose Mercury News
    Apps: MyQ for Netflix (Phone/TouchPad), Giantbomb (Phone), Excavate (Reddit/Digg clients for TouchPad)
    Quote Originally Posted by SqyArc View Post
    I know that's a crippling bug for you guys, but I've never once seen the too many cards error, except for times when I was pushing the system with 10+ apps as an experiment.

Hopefully it's a bug they'll fix in 1.4 - sucks for you
    Look at my profile pic.... It is an issue

(too many cards open and NOTHING running!! )
    Quote Originally Posted by fastamx79 View Post
    Look at my profile pic.... It is an issue

(too many cards open and NOTHING running!! )
    Get Jstop
    Sometimes apps don't close, slowing down your Pre.
    Jstop kills apps.
    Or get that Luna manager app.
    But personally i think Jstop works fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Demlor View Post
    This is still the first sticky I believe, on Monday things got a bit too crazy and they deleted all 500 posts or something in this thread.

Yeah now this thread absolutely sucks..... zzzzzzz
    Quote Originally Posted by mdotsteele View Post
    Yeah now this thread absolutely sucks..... zzzzzzz
    It's supposed to suck
    That's why it's called the "anticipation" thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thead View Post
    I had the same problem and this is what worked for me:

Don't click on the updates button in the Updates card. Open the app catalog and click on the little bag or whatever in the bottom right corner. It should show all of your apps and the ones with available updates.
    That's not the issue for many folks (including myself). No matter how I get to the App Catalog list of apps, whether directly or from the Updates app, it shows that I have no apps that need updating. Yet, the Updates app says there are. I also have no homebrews or patches installed (basically, my Pre is stock).

So, this is a problem, albeit I find it nothing more than an annoyance. If it stops webOS updates from showing up (e.g., 1.4!), then I'll consider it a little more of an issue.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    That's not the issue for many folks (including myself). No matter how I get to the App Catalog list of apps, whether directly or from the Updates app, it shows that I have no apps that need updating. Yet, the Updates app says there are. I also have no homebrews or patches installed (basically, my Pre is stock).

So, this is a problem, albeit I find it nothing more than an annoyance. If it stops webOS updates from showing up (e.g., 1.4!), then I'll consider it a little more of an issue.
    It's just a glitch in the Palm servers.
    I'm sure they've realized this problem and it will be fixed in 1.4

As far as being notified when 1.4 does arrive, don't worry.
    App updates and WebOS updates are clearly two different things, it'll show up.
    I can't wait for the new update to come.
    Global Posts
    300 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post

Yea, I dont really care as long as I can get my updates. To be honest I dont even check for updates unless there is some buzz about them lol. And i check for my app updates in preware.

I just thought it could be something related to 1.4.1! But alas.... It is not! I continue to wait as the sun sets another day.
    Lame Sauce!
    Just come out already!
    keep getting 404 error page when I use the update app. Maybe it's here...