View Poll Results: Who do you think is holding up the 1.4 update?

Voters
959. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sprint

118 12.30%
  • Verizon

579 60.38%
  • Palm

262 27.32%
Page 163 of 175 FirstFirst ... 63113153158159160161162163164165166167168173 ... LastLast
Results 3,241 to 3,260 of 3481
    Quote Originally Posted by salmans21 View Post
    i am 100% positive the update will be out in a few minutes (12:00am) for verizon users.
    someone here has said the same time for sprint. Their mother works for the company.
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    i am 100% positive the update will be out in a few minutes (12:00am) for verizon users.
    what about bell users?
    If Verizon is getting it at 12 eastern I would think Sprint will too. Who cares if we get it at 12 central. One Hour? I don't think that's much of a contest. 90% of the users are probably asleep now anyways.
    Last edited by kc_exactly; 02/26/2010 at 11:56 PM. Reason: grammer
    You guys - we should take this convo to the twitters.. with all this nonsense, maybe we can make #webos1.4 a trending topic
    Quote Originally Posted by benthe1 View Post
    Alright, I'm gonna go to bed so I don't go crazy. Besides, I wouldn't get to enjoy 1.4 because if I'm waiting all night and finally get it, I'll be too sleepy to enjoy the new features anyway. I'm going to check for the update tomorrow morning and if it's not availiable I'm throwing my Pre away. No joke. I'll go get an F'n Android phone or something. I was sure it was going to come out tonight....! Oh well.
    If you are serious, that is completely moronic. Enjoy your months waiting for updates others already have.
    the email we got today stated that palm must have at least 60% battery to be able to begin download and that it will be rolled out over the next 10 days, but they will be focusing on users that are manually updating first.
    did you ask what time zone at midnight it will be released in?
    and verizon doesn't push out the update palm does
    I too work in the Satellite TV industry and a software release would not happen in this manner. Software goes through vigorous testing before it is released. I have never seen such speculation like this before.
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BAbnkr View Post
    You guys - we should take this convo to the twitters.. with all this nonsense, maybe we can make #webos1.4 a trending topic
    I agree
    You guys need to remember that it's still 2 more hours until midnight in the timezone that matters.

Looks like there could still be hope for toinght...I would expect it to be after midnight however...which is really tomorrow...but hey we've waited this long right?
    it will become available to all verizon users at 12:00am eastern, I think that the same will be true for sprint
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Homie View Post
    If you are serious, that is completely moronic. Enjoy your months waiting for updates others already have.
    HAHA. Of course I'm kidding you silly Sally. I'm not going to throw it away. I'm going to sell it. "moronic"?..... lol.... what a fool.
    Just a couple more hours until nerds all over these forums look like this:

I sure hope its not Hawaii time. It is on 7pm there.
    never had this issue with the iphone and at&t thinking about going back
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    well its 12 here in good old canada, with crappy bell.. no update :'(
    someone forgot to flip the eastern time switch, maybe we need to wait for central time.
    Just tried again. Nothing.
    Quote Originally Posted by loopswim View Post
    I happen to work in the 'Satellite TV' industry and we were to have a receiver that was supposed to come out last year, but it never did...all the bugs are still being worked out....a year later and there is no word as to when it will actually come out. Our retailers have some, and they relay all the glitches to us and we pass it on.

When it comes to software updates, though, we'll generally roll it out even if it's not ready....then the programmers/engineers fix it as it goes.
    Let me guess... Dish Network and the ViP922?