View Poll Results: Who do you think is holding up the 1.4 update?

Voters
959. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sprint

118 12.30%
  • Verizon

579 60.38%
  • Palm

262 27.32%
Page 162 of 175 FirstFirst ... 62112152157158159160161162163164165166167172 ... LastLast
Results 3,221 to 3,240 of 3481
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    I was told last week by sprint it would be march 17th dammit that sprint chick can't be rite if it's not here by the end of feb I going back to at&t and my xenon at least it never gave me a headache besides I have a psp and a xbox
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    Alright, I'm gonna go to bed so I don't go crazy. Besides, I wouldn't get to enjoy 1.4 because if I'm waiting all night and finally get it, I'll be too sleepy to enjoy the new features anyway. I'm going to check for the update tomorrow morning and if it's not availiable I'm throwing my Pre away. No joke. I'll go get an F'n Android phone or something. I was sure it was going to come out tonight....! Oh well.
    Ever try sending a text message when American Idol is on and its "voting" time?

Ever notice that the text comes a few minutes- hours late sometimes?

Each tower is equipped for a certain amount of connections, Most data nodes can support up to 30 connections at once, and depending on the size, area, and population you will find multiple nodes.

Most major 100+meg updates have to be rolled out over time , area by area, so that people are not all updating at the exact same time, it conserves bandwith and dosent interrupt service for others.

Usually in the US its within a window of a couple hours, so when the update hits some people will have it, some people wont for a few hours. So just be prepared for it if it comes tonight and Bob has it in New York, and Joe has it in Wisconsin, yet you are in cleveland and still dont have it. Be patient
    USA vs Canada on Sunday makes me much more excited than this update. That's going to be an amazing game.
    Quote Originally Posted by chaosrecords View Post
    Ever try sending a text message when American Idol is on and its "voting" time?

Ever notice that the text comes a few minutes- hours late sometimes?

Each tower is equipped for a certain amount of connections, Most data nodes can support up to 30 connections at once, and depending on the size, area, and population you will find multiple nodes.

Most major 100+meg updates have to be rolled out over time , area by area, so that people are not all updating at the exact same time, it conserves bandwith and dosent interrupt service for others.

Usually in the US its within a window of a couple hours, so when the update hits some people will have it, some people wont for a few hours. So just be prepared for it if it comes tonight and Bob has it in New York, and Joe has it in Wisconsin, yet you are in cleveland and still dont have it. Be patient
    no we don't becaue we are not **** who watch american idol. sorry. I'm so mad I need to let it out some how.
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    15 minutes til midnite nyc time
    Quote Originally Posted by del420 View Post
    I was told last week by sprint it would be march 17th dammit that sprint chick can't be rite if it's not here by the end of feb I going back to at&t and my xenon at least it never gave me a headache besides I have a psp and a xbox
    So you are threatening Sprint to cancel your service based on an update that is made by the phone manufacturer?

Palm does not have to do any updates by any legal bounds, they released the pre back in June, they could have left it the way it was.

Coming on a pre-users forum and complaining about your provider won't do anything. We are lucky we even get updates, you should be grateful for the community here and the people that love this phone and want to see it grow.
    Quote Originally Posted by soupisgood08 View Post
    no we don't becaue we are not **** who watch american idol. sorry. I'm so mad I need to let it out some how.
    I dont watch it either, but i cant tell you the amount of calls i get asking " hey is there something wrong my texts wouldnt work last night" lol
    has anyone from sprint got it?
    This is BS im done! i waited to loong. PALM didnt give me any info
    Quote Originally Posted by rexalbel View Post
    On Sprint and nothing so far.
    this kinda made me laugh...but was very positive to say the least. It is a chat regarding the validity of 2/26 being the release date for 1.4.

CustomerGreg
    is the documentation an official source or some kind?
    8:44:10 PM AgentRicco C.
    The information that I posted is actually official Sprint documentation.
    8:44:21 PM AgentRicco C.
    In
    8:44:49 PM CustomerGreg
    nice....so all the information says is P.M? .....no information regarding time zone?
    8:45:55 PM AgentRicco C.
    No, unfortunately, the update information simply indicates that the update will be available on 2/26/10 in the p.m. It doesn't list an exact time or time zone.
    8:46:15 PM CustomerGreg
    ok sounds good....appreciate you taking the time to look up this information
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rexalbel View Post
    I have not heard of any1 with sprint getting it
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    I happen to work in the 'Satellite TV' industry and we were to have a receiver that was supposed to come out last year, but it never did...all the bugs are still being worked out....a year later and there is no word as to when it will actually come out. Our retailers have some, and they relay all the glitches to us and we pass it on.

When it comes to software updates, though, we'll generally roll it out even if it's not ready....then the programmers/engineers fix it as it goes.
    Hello everybody, i'm not sure if everyone knows this already. but i am posting an email that was sent to verizon employees earlier today. there is a link at the bottom of the email that is only accessible through verizon intranet. but it said that update will be available at 12:00am eastern 2/27/10
    sorry i am having problems attaching it to this post
    its starting to look as if maybe big red will get it first, lets see how reliable they are with this.
    i am 100% positive the update will be out in a few minutes (12:00am) for verizon users.
    sucks for us sprint people
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    Don't forget there was a guy who's mom worked for Sprint who said the update would be out after midnight tonight.
    its all good, I'll just play gh5 till it comes out ! Howed that slip past me!