View Poll Results: Who do you think is holding up the 1.4 update?

Voters
959. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sprint

118 12.30%
  • Verizon

579 60.38%
  • Palm

262 27.32%
Page 161 of 175 FirstFirst ... 61111151156157158159160161162163164165166171 ... LastLast
Results 3,201 to 3,220 of 3481
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    My battery sucks. Pushed refresh 3000 times today and it's trying to die
    Quote Originally Posted by kc_exactly View Post
    I think that even if it is not released tonight there was no hard date and time for the release anyways. There was only a real soft release date of "February." I am willing to bet if there is a technical problem with the update it is being worked on right now as we speak. It will be implemented as soon as possible. So, midnight(as my mom said) sounds correct. She was very clear when she said that the servers were not having any hardware changes tonight in anticipation of the update.

If something were to break on a server while the servers are in "lock down" the potential losses for the company over even just a short period of time can be immense. This is why I would think the update needs to roll tonight. They do not want to worry about the servers having any down time.
    Sorry man, but this just sounds like a pile of BS.

Why would the servers require frequent "hardware changes" anyway. This feels like an episode of CSI or something where the characters are trying to use technical jargon that was obviously way too advanced for the writer of the show.
    Quote Originally Posted by showmrock View Post
    ok so either the Sprint guys are misinformed or we are getting our legs seriously pulled right now
    They are misinformed.

Trust me, I work for sprint partner

We got lied to again.
    **** palm,**** sprint,for having us waiting and lookin stupid.. come on! it's almost ****in midnight,they must take us for the ****in fools they think we are for stayimg up waitin for this update!!!!
    I'm ready to call it a night, good luck guys, hopefully, it'll be here soon but I can't make it til 1 am ET if it is at midnight CT.
    kc...

I hope you're right about the update. Not because I need it tonight or tomorrow but if midnight comes and goes without the update, there will be a lot of scorn your way on this forum.
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    does ANYONE know about ANY info regarding bell's release? hopefully its not late
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiddlekins View Post

Why would the servers require frequent "hardware changes" anyway. This feels like an episode of CSI or something where the characters are trying to use technical jargon that was obviously way too advanced for the writer of the show.
    Actually, doing a push dosent involve major hardware changes, more or less its about resourcing. Each tower is only capable of so much bandwidth.

I honestly dont think the update will hit tonight due to the fact that its a Friday Night and this is such a major update. Most stores prep for sales on weekends, not service calls. Anytime there is a major update call centers get staffed, and usually its done on a Monday because of support and operations.

Wonder why the last major pre updates have been on mondays? theres a reason.
  10. wnk
    I decided to contact the live help... of course i am linked to a precentral blog post...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiddlekins View Post

Sorry for too much jargon. And things don't always break. But you need to anticipate things going down. Sprint always does major server upgrades like at 2 in the morning on the weekends so if something doesn't work it doesn't interrupt service and billing.

And I wish I could explain better but I can't. I am a fireman. Not a computer guru.
    Quote Originally Posted by rush View Post
    **** palm,**** sprint,for having us waiting and lookin stupid.. come on! it's almost ****in midnight,they must take us for the ****in fools they think we are for stayimg up waitin for this update!!!!
    Wow kid, step away from the keyboard.
    Global Posts
    300 Global Posts
    How come everyone is thinking midnight CT and not PT?

And did all the vorizon people get 1.4. or just some random people?
    Furthermore if midnight comes and goes with still no update. Can we wait until about 1215 before you guys start tossing rocks at me? I am only trying to help.
    I think that even if it is not released tonight there was no hard date and time for the release anyways. There was only a real soft release date of "February." I am willing to bet if there is a technical problem with the update it is being worked on right now as we speak. It will be implemented as soon as possible. So, midnight(as my mom said) sounds correct. She was very clear when she said that the servers were not having any hardware changes tonight in anticipation of the update.

If something were to break on a server while the servers are in "lock down" the potential losses for the company over even just a short period of time can be immense. This is why I would think the update needs to roll tonight. They do not want to worry about the servers having any down time.
    makes alotta sense ... I've said it before i believe they might have ran into some last min bug
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Qnzmobb View Post
    makes alotta sense ... I've said it before i believe they might have ran into some last min bug
    yeah but vietnam got it remember?
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chaosrecords View Post
    I honestly dont think the update will hit tonight due to the fact that its a Friday Night and this is such a major update. Most stores prep for sales on weekends, not service calls. Anytime there is a major update call centers get staffed, and usually its done on a Monday because of support and operations.

Wonder why the last major pre updates have been on mondays? theres a reason.
    I am thinking the same thing
    At least I have some time till midnight (currently 10:37pm in Chicago) I still have my fingers crossed
    I think they are having a problem separating the updates between the cdma pre, pixi and plus.
    Furthermore if midnight comes and goes with still no update. Can we wait until about 1215 before you guys start tossing rocks at me? I am only trying to help.
    Dude i have a huge dirt clod with your name on it