View Poll Results: Who do you think is holding up the 1.4 update?

Voters
959. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sprint

118 12.30%
  • Verizon

579 60.38%
  • Palm

262 27.32%
Page 15 of 175 FirstFirst ... 510111213141516171819202565115 ... LastLast
    I have seen post that say you dont have to remove patches as long as they are updated.... is that true? or should they be removed?
    Quote Originally Posted by twinmoons View Post
    I have the battlestar galactica theme installed. That in itself is worth installing homebrew
    I would have agreed with you until that final episode.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Quote Originally Posted by twinmoons View Post
    I have the battlestar galactica theme installed. That in itself is worth installing homebrew
    You better hurry up and remove it, isn't 1.4 being released at midnight?
    Themes are the one thing that must be removed prior to update (incase you weren't aware)
    Quote Originally Posted by Robflla View Post
    I have seen post that say you dont have to remove patches as long as they are updated.... is that true? or should they be removed?
    Quote Originally Posted by mjkjr View Post
    You should be fine, to make sure go into preware and tap update feeds, any patches you have will say "update" if you haven't done so already. Last night all of the patches got a version bump which implemented aupt-3. When 1.4 does drop you will update to 1.4 and leave your patches on your phone.

I could go into much greater detail if you'd like or you could search for aupt-3 and there are a few threads discussing it.
    Only your theme, no need to remove patches.
    Quote Originally Posted by mjkjr View Post
    Maybe one day you'll take that leap of faith and find out everything you're missing out on.
    And when I mentioned a "conventional outlet" what I mean is that I wish I could get the music player patch that is on the homebrew page from the app catalog. I mean you mentioned that you are in IT or whatever but I know enough about things to know that I don't know enough to go fooling around with code. All that stuff seems simple to you but to me it seems like a lot of work and bad consequences if I f' it up.
    Quote Originally Posted by rlee2001 View Post
    Hey guys,

I am brand new to the site and a new Pre owner. In your opinion, should I just wait for this 1.4 update before doing any installing of Preware / homebrew stuff?

yes you should
    Just checked not here yet but what is interesting is that i am getting "your phone is up to date " 1.3.5.1 feature highlights..... umm maybe a sign that 1.4 could pop up next... or just another Palm Freak :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by ddtphoto View Post
    And when I mentioned a "conventional outlet" what I mean is that I wish I could get the music player patch that is on the homebrew page from the app catalog. I mean you mentioned that you are in IT or whatever but I know enough about things to know that I don't know enough to go fooling around with code. All that stuff seems simple to you but to me it seems like a lot of work and bad consequences if I f' it up.
    What music player patch are you referring to? Or is it an app?

I focused all of my schooling on computers and anything even somewhat related has always came pretty naturally to me. Everyone has their talents/hobbies.

It probably wouldn't hurt if more people had your state of mind, "I know enough about things to know that I don't know enough to go fooling around with code." I had to read it twice but you did make me LOL.

I don't think there is anything you can do to your phone that can't be easily fixed or reversed but I do understand your POV.
    Just checked not here yet but what is interesting is that i am getting "your phone is up to date " 1.3.5.1 feature highlights..... umm maybe a sign that 1.4 could pop up next... or just another Palm Freak :-)
    That's been there since 1.3.5.1 was released.
    yeah I know about un-installing themes before upgrading and I agree about the last episode of bsg. The rest of it was awesome though.
    Only 2.5 more hours!!!!!!!

.........until midnight!!!!!!

Which means absolutely nothing, unless I'm still awake and on the forum at that time, then i have issues. Maybe I should join UA (Updates Anonymous) to help me with all of this pre 1.4 anxiety.

This is the 1.4 anticipation thread isn't it?
    I think the update will come on the 18th.
    I don't know why, it just seems like a good date.
    patches updated to AUPT 3 tech, do not have to be removed prior to an OS update. After the update, you will need to check in preware to see if any patches have been updated by the author to the new os version. Some patches may not work until they are updated.

THEMES MUST BE REMOVED PRIOR TO THE UPDATE.
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    I just checked and it's out!
    (jeopardy theme)
    Quote Originally Posted by salvag View Post
    I just checked and it's out!
    don't see it.... where did you find it?
    Quote Originally Posted by beerandpolitics View Post
    don't see it.... where did you find it?
    Sorry I should have been more clear.

What I meant is that I just checked my oven and my brownies are done, so I took them out.
    Sorry I should have been more clear.

What I meant is that I just checked my oven and my brownies are done, so I took them out.
    ohhhhh ur bad
    i just checked and it's out!
    Quote Originally Posted by beerandpolitics View Post
    don't see it.... Where did you find it?
    sorry i should have been more clear.

What i meant is that i just checked my oven and my brownies are done, so i took them out.
    :d :d :d :d :d :d