View Poll Results: Who do you think is holding up the 1.4 update?

Voters
959. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sprint

118 12.30%
  • Verizon

579 60.38%
  • Palm

262 27.32%
Page 146 of 175 FirstFirst ... 46 96 136141142143144145146147148149150151 156 ... LastLast
Results 2,901 to 2,920 of 3481
  1. pfd
    Last edited by pfd; 02/26/2010 at 08:13 PM. Reason: was supposed to be a reply to an earlier post. out of sequence...

KHAAAAAANNNNNN!!!!
    who ever has there hand I the button,,,,,'engage'
    if its not midnight that this board is gonna go up in flames, lol ... what is the deal .. how is there all this leaked info and no update ...
    R.I.P Palm Centro (6.5.09)
    New Pre Owner (6.6.09)

Actually after thinking about it.. i am having more fun just waiting for this to come.. i know its any minute now probably.. im so freakin pumped.. Whose Pumped!!!!!!
    funny thing I just thought about is.. How precentral most likely already got the "Go ahead & fire it up 1.4 update is ready 2 be downloaded" blog ready for post, I know they jus itching 2 click the upload button
    weird.....I changed my regional setting to Canada...and clicked update..got a notification saying. "Look'n for 1.4 update......eeeh?"
  8. pfd
    Quote Originally Posted by TrinityisLife View Post
    Not even 10 minutes ago, I got this from Palm:

8:20 PM George: Hello.
    8:20 PM Christina White: HEllo
    8:20 PM George: I understand that you want to know the release of update 1.4. Am I correct?
    8:20 PM Christina White: Yes
    8:21 PM George: I would like to inform you that we in chat support do not have any information regarding the future updates or releases.
    8:21 PM Christina White: Oo
    8:21 PM George: once there is an update you can have the update over the air on the phone under the updates application
    8:21 PM Christina White: It's supposed to release today.....
    8:22 PM George: I am sorry. We do have the information regarding that only once it is released. We cannot provide any information untill and unless the update is released.
    8:22 PM George: I think you can understand.
    8:23 PM Christina White: Ok, but Pre users in Europe and Asia already have 4.1 on thier phones. They're posting videos on YouTube. How can it be a future release when it's already released in some areas?
    8:24 PM George: The update varies from regions. It depends on the carriers on the phones.
    8:24 PM George: Just for confirmation are you from USA?
    8:24 PM Christina White: Yes.
    8:25 PM Christina White: Do I need to contact Sprint?
    8:25 PM George: Not necessary. As of now there isn't any update released for US customers. You can keep checking on the updates application on the phone
    8:25 PM Christina White: Thank you.
    8:25 PM George: You’re welcome. Is there anything else I can help you with?
    8:25 PM Christina White: No, thank you.
    we have a very long wait for 4.1
    The Sprint tech I talked to said it could even be midnight, or a little after..
    This delay is definitely coming from Sprint. If you go to Sprint's Facebook page and read Brynn Legree's (a regular there who seems to be "in" with Sprint) posts you would see that.

Quoting him: "Palm will send a msg to ur phone....Palm already approved the update...Sprint had to certify-approve it...that's why it's been taking so long." - Posted 9 hours ago
    Mine just says there are application updates available but when I hit the 'Show Updates' button there are no apps that need updating.
    I got tired of the "WTH, WHY ISN'T IT HERE YET" posts at the roll call thread.

If you start at the beginning you can tell where the ops just gave up trying to enforce the posting rules. It's kind of funny.
    "...human sacrifices, dogs and cats living together! MASS HYSTERIA!"

-Ghostbusters
    My pre has been checking for an update for 30 minutes..
    Global Posts
    200 Global Posts
    You guys are hilarious. Between the IRC Chats last night and the 1.4 yelling in every thread. I almost prefer watching you guys flame than actually getting the update.
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeDubC View Post
    You guys are hilarious. Between the IRC Chats last night and the 1.4 yelling in every thread. I almost prefer watching you guys flame than actually getting the update.
    = Precentral forums
    "...human sacrifices, dogs and cats living together! MASS HYSTERIA!"

-Ghostbusters
    This is rediculous. After tedious rumors from legit sources, and a post from a Sprint employee themselfs. And multiple promises from Palm this update has yet to come.

I'm very dissapointed, but I still love my phone. (:
    Just not really rooting so much for the bad service and news from all these "reliable sources".
    Global Posts
    215 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeDubC View Post
    This.
    Sprint Palm 2 - Developer Mode - 2.1.0
  18. GFS
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    i think i have a dent in the lower right corner of the screen from refreshing the update app.

i can't imagine that anyone at palm or sprint is even remotely enjoying this by now.

i bet someone is having a really lame friday night trying to get this out.
    Quote Originally Posted by movingarrows View Post
    My pre has been checking for an update for 30 minutes..
    It gets stuck it seems. Reboot and it goes back to the normal "NOT YET" screen!
    - Jeff
    Palm Pre- and a 32 GB TouchPad.
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    yep on this thread you can only post if you don't have 1.4