View Poll Results: Who do you think is holding up the 1.4 update?

Voters
959. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sprint

118 12.30%
  • Verizon

579 60.38%
  • Palm

262 27.32%
Page 143 of 175 FirstFirst ... 4393133138139140141142143144145146147148153 ... LastLast
Results 2,841 to 2,860 of 3481
    this is the worst anticipation update that i have encountered from all the past updates!
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

I chatted with that guy with Palm support. Sucks.
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    I have a hypothesis, with nothing to back it up really, that the reason they wait until "off-peak" hours to release these updates is just to avoid clogging the Sprint network. So, since it is still peak hours (and daylight) here in the Bay Area, I think it might be a bit later before they release it. And if they do pay to lease servers to push these updates, it's probably cheaper to do it later and on weekends, at least for that initial rush of downloaders? Again, just a guess from a non-tech guy.
    Global Posts
    379 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by xadjustx View Post
    But this isn't about verizon past history. This is about Palm Pre and Verizon today, and what is taking place.
    You are comparing Palm to Verizon and what they are doing. Does Verizon announce dates and then not meet them? Does someone speculate and post rumors that they don't meet? Palm only said the update would occur in Feb, and this is still possible.
  5. wnk
    Quote Originally Posted by saenzguy View Post
    Unable to connect about 10 min ago. Time zone? central in San Antonio TX
    Same, i can connect now though.

Central time zone - Minnesota

as was 3 different phones in household.
    Quote Originally Posted by showmrock View Post
    Tell me something....

Do you ever feel like Desmond on LOST (in the hatch who punched the codes repeatedly) as you punch the update button...wondering....

is this really for anything? Is there ACTUALLY this "notification" that will appear and tell us the update is ready?
    ROTFLMAO

Best post I've seen all day.
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cygnusx8 View Post
    If I promised people to release an update before the end of the month and they would continually pester me and get mad at me for breaking promises I never made, I'd delay the update just in spite of them. Sprint said end of February. That's not today. Stop ****ing calling them. They cannot release info until update is out. Those calls are recorded and reviewed and they can get in trouble for divulging information that they weren't supposed to. If you're going to kill yourself because there's no update tonight, I will personally tie a noose for you. That's how sick I am of f*&ing idiots on this forum. Pre still works as a phone without the update and it's Friday night. Use Pre to call your friends and go have fun.
    isnt this like going to the bar and complaining that there are drunk people there?
    It's obvious why the U.S. updates haven't been rolled out yet - they're still buying more servers to handle the load.
    My brother is a tech at the sprint store and it is coming out tonight according to him. Store in Arlington, Tx.
    but US HAS HAD 1.4 Updates!! Go check other threads, verizon users are getting the update already so you KNOW it's ****ing sprint now!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by farcus View Post
    My brother is a tech at the sprint store and it is coming out tonight according to him. Store in Arlington, Tx.
    i hope so man
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aaron130 View Post
    but US HAS HAD 1.4 Updates!! Go check other threads, verizon users are getting the update already so you KNOW it's ****ing sprint now!!!
    im still blaming verizon
    Does anyone here on Verizon have the update???
    Global Posts
    483 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TrinityisLife View Post
    Not even 10 minutes ago, I got this from Palm:

8:20 PM George: Hello.
    8:20 PM Christina White: HEllo
    8:20 PM George: I understand that you want to know the release of update 1.4. Am I correct?
    8:20 PM Christina White: Yes
    8:21 PM George: I would like to inform you that we in chat support do not have any information regarding the future updates or releases.
    8:21 PM Christina White: Oo
    8:21 PM George: once there is an update you can have the update over the air on the phone under the updates application
    8:21 PM Christina White: It's supposed to release today.....
    8:22 PM George: I am sorry. We do have the information regarding that only once it is released. We cannot provide any information untill and unless the update is released.
    8:22 PM George: I think you can understand.
    8:23 PM Christina White: Ok, but Pre users in Europe and Asia already have 4.1 on thier phones. They're posting videos on YouTube. How can it be a future release when it's already released in some areas?
    8:24 PM George: The update varies from regions. It depends on the carriers on the phones.
    8:24 PM George: Just for confirmation are you from USA?
    8:24 PM Christina White: Yes.
    8:25 PM Christina White: Do I need to contact Sprint?
    8:25 PM George: Not necessary. As of now there isn't any update released for US customers. You can keep checking on the updates application on the phone
    8:25 PM Christina White: Thank you.
    8:25 PM George: You’re welcome. Is there anything else I can help you with?
    8:25 PM Christina White: No, thank you.
    Now I may get ****ed. I took a nap and I missed three full OS versions?
    Quote Originally Posted by zmann View Post
    I taught my 5 month old German shepard to roll over on her back when I point my finger at her and say 'bang bang'. My Facebook friends don't believe me and ask for video proof. I told them I would post this video tonight to shut them up. So much for that.

you see it's stories like this that make me wonder, why did a man in a far away communist country such as Vietnam get the update first. His video of palm trees and happy children....and nice weather. While I sit in a Mcdonalds parkinglot barrowing their free wifi as homeless people ask for change and gangsters stare me down. One question....is this truly fair?
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cringer View Post
    Now I may get ****ed. I took a nap and I missed three full OS versions?
    i know and can you believe it still doesnt have video. palm has really dropped the ball
    This whole thread reminds me of the Kyocera 7130 release thread, then the Treo 600 thread, then the Treo 650 thread, then the Treo 700 thread, then the Centro thread, oh... and remember back almost a year ago - the Palm Pre thread? I am sure there have been similar threads for almost every popular smart phone. Even the iPhone has pushed back the release of major updates and even the phone itself.
    This is all normal. I think it's funny how soon we forget the pain of waiting.
    Just so you know, as soon as 1.4 comes out you can expect a long list of complaints. In fact there will be a 1.4 complaints thread and it will look just like the complaint threads for every one of the devices previously mentioned.
    This is nothing new.
    Quote Originally Posted by showmrock View Post
    you see it's stories like this that make me wonder, why did a man in a far away communist country such as Vietnam get the update first. His video of palm trees and happy children....and nice weather. While I sit in a Mcdonalds parkinglot barrowing their free wifi as homeless people ask for change and gangsters stare me down. One question....is this truly fair?
    Fair? That is what communism is all about.
    you guys need to be sedated.
    Global Posts
    210 Global Posts
    There's a _few_ Verizon users with it. Chill out.
    Loving the Pre...
    Follow me on Twitter