View Poll Results: Who do you think is holding up the 1.4 update?

Voters
959. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sprint

118 12.30%
  • Verizon

579 60.38%
  • Palm

262 27.32%
Page 133 of 175 FirstFirst ... 3383123128129130131132133134135136137138143 ... LastLast
Results 2,641 to 2,660 of 3481
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by scoobdude View Post
    Slaps forehead

Way to read there son
    you guys are hilarious. It doesn't matter who it is, they don't know anything. "way to read there son" big friggin deal -- just as useless, if not more than, sprint. Relax
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Something's going on. 2 minutes ago, I checked for update and it said nothing. Now it says "Unable to connect." I think that's a good sign
    i say we get it within the next 30mins...
    if 1.4 update was like the rescue boats on the tittanic going down, women and children wouldn't stand a chance we would of already trampled them to grab the update/rescue boat lmao....

Currently using: Sprint Palm Pre and Sprint HTC EVO 4G
    Global Posts
    396 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    It is only a phone!
    yeah only a phone that you paid X amount of money for and you pay X amount of money a month for, so you desrve the best product with the best service that palm and sprint can give you.
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sampaschall View Post
    Everyone is so tense about this update. I figured a little humor would help pass the time.
    I know that's why I called you a lame... It's all good
    01:11 am Munich, Germany, Provider O2. Update app say "Unable to connect. Try again later". I think Germany gets the update soon...
    For humor's sake.

My captain told me yesterday about this guy who came home and his house was getting robber. He chased the two guys down and they ran off. Their car was still running in his drive way so he took a bat and busted in the windows. When the cops came they ran the plates and went to the address. They found an old man who was robbed, tied up, and his car was stolen.

True Story
    to earlie here in cali... But 30min sounds good to me too
    Quote Originally Posted by Hook_em View Post
    you guys are hilarious. It doesn't matter who it is, they don't know anything. "way to read there son" big friggin deal -- just as useless, if not more than, sprint. Relax
    Point is we know this. However since you decided to pick on the obvious point, i decided to point out that you were not perfect either. No hard feelings, just pointing the same attitude right back at ya
    i just hit the update button just for the hell of it and was unable to connect ... may be they shut the database down to install the update ?
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Vivix View Post
    Something's going on. 2 minutes ago, I checked for update and it said nothing. Now it says "Unable to connect." I think that's a good sign
    hmmm keep us posted. Mine didn't do that but hopefully it's a good sign
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    nah I got that today too. False hope but don't let me rain on your parade.
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    False alarm. Back to no updates
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts

Same! i'm on bell in canada, i'm hoping i get it tonight

edit: crap same here
    Same for me. Then it was "Checking for updates..." for 4-5 minutes. (Edit Now it says, "Your phone is up to date" with 1.3.5.1.

- Doug
    Treo300>600>650>755p>Pre

Where's my update???
    My update app alternates between "application updates" (there are none), "your phone is up to date", and "unable to connect".
    Quote Originally Posted by 05typesdc5 View Post
    DAS BOOOOOOT!!!!!
    The fact that I have a 2L version of that sitting at home doesn't make me an alcoholic does it? Hmm that will be good to chug before the concert tomorrow.
    maybe the tips, leaks and rumored dates originate from precentral to increase forum traffic.

Can't say it doesn't work.

Having been a dev I never liked to release on Fridays, weekends or Mondays.
    Release on Friday means bug fix all weekend.Release on wkend means work on weekend.
    Release on Monday means cram all weekend to get it out on Monday.

Doesn't mean anything really, just how I, and other devs of the same ilk (read: lazy) pefer to do things.