View Poll Results: Who do you think is holding up the 1.4 update?

Voters
959. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sprint

118 12.30%
  • Verizon

579 60.38%
  • Palm

262 27.32%
Page 131 of 175 FirstFirst ... 31 81 121126127128129130131132133134135136 141 ... LastLast
Results 2,601 to 2,620 of 3481
    7:00pm, New Jersey, Sprint, No update yet. Maybe in a few days.
    Quote Originally Posted by pumpa View Post
    Well it's gone midnight in UK, so much for everyone getting it same day.
    there's that saying, it's always 5 oclock somewhere lol, hopefully, you will fall asleep have a great nights worth of sleep and wake up and have the update ready to install.

Currently using: Sprint Palm Pre and Sprint HTC EVO 4G
    they did not say night,,they said evening,,,that has almost come and gone,but I do believe it will be here tonight so get a grip people.
    I just checked for updates and webos 1.4 is now downloading!!! How exciting!
    well its 7pm est time and once again .. still no update ugghhh this is driving me nuts .. thank you sprint and palm
    Quote Originally Posted by Impulsebuyer View Post
    great now I got the time zone map out, cst 630 for me is in an a half hour lol
    630 CST is in a half hour for everyone.
    im going to a car show in Atlantic city tomorrow so I would love to have the video working before I go com on palm give us sprint peeps some update love
    I spoke with the same Ryan guy and he told me the EXACT same things. I cannot comment on this matter blah blah. Palm how can you not comment on something that is already released to part of the world?
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    he has one post don't believe him
    Quote Originally Posted by zmann View Post
    they did not say night,,they said evening,,,that has almost come and gone,but I do believe it will be here tonight so get a grip people.
    Palm never gave a date period. Everything you see is from "leaks" "tipsters" or carriers. I haven't seen one quote from Palm that says a day.
    Quote Originally Posted by sampaschall View Post
    really?? what location and carrier?
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mellisnj View Post
    I was told differently:

6:28 PM Connecting to Rescue Gateway: control.app01-15.logmeinrescue.com...
    6:28 PM Connected to Rescue Gateway. A support representative will be with you shortly.
    6:29 PM Support session established with Sandy.

6:29 PM Sandy: Hello Mark.
    6:29 PM Sandy: Thank you for contacting Palm. My name is Sandy.
    6:29 PM Mark Ellis: hello sandy
    6:29 PM Mark Ellis: I have a quick question for you this evening
    6:30 PM Sandy: Sure.
    6:30 PM Sandy: I am here to help you.
    6:30 PM Mark Ellis: I am inquiring about an update for the Palm Pre. The webos 1.4 update
    6:31 PM Mark Ellis: do you know if that update will be released today?
    6:32 PM Sandy: Well Mark as of now we do not have any information about the update release. But it will be soon. You will receive a notification message on your device about the update in couple of hours.
    6:32 PM Mark Ellis: So if I am going to recieve and update on my device in a couple of hours am I to assume it will be release today?
    6:33 PM Sandy: Yes, it will be.
    6:33 PM Mark Ellis: Ok how's the weather where you are? and thank you for the information
    6:34 PM Sandy: I am from India
    6:34 PM Sandy: Weather is hot here.
    6:34 PM Sandy: Here’s the reference number for our chat: Chat session ID number 51488397. Keep this number as a record of this chat.
    6:34 PM Sandy: Can I be any further help for you?
    6:34 PM Mark Ellis: That beats the snow but thank you for the information.
    6:34 PM Mark Ellis: No that should do it thank you.
    6:35 PM Sandy: Thank you for contacting Palm and feel free to contact us for further assistance. We rely on your suggestions and feedback to help us provide the best support, so please take a few minutes to complete the survey that you’ll receive via email. When you’re ready, click Disconnect to close the chat window. Have a great day!

6:35 PM Sandy has sent a link: [url]
    6:37 PM Sandy has ended the session.

BTW this confirms that no one really knows for sure!!!
    you are totally ignorant if you think you can gain ANY worthwhile information from sprint online reps. They are worthless
    CST here in KC Mo, sprint headquarters is a half hour away from here. I'll be back.
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sampaschall View Post
    There's always one in the bunch... So that is how you choose to make your mark with your first post you lame!!!
    The thought of an update is exciting, especially one that promises to bring much-needed functionality and will finally bring my phone into the 21st Century.

It is kind of annoying that Palm makes us wait ALL DAY for it and since I have better things to do on a Friday night, I probably won't even check until I recover from my hangover on Saturday afternoon.

Enjoy!

(I can't wait to see this board if the update doesn't come tonight. It's going to be grand)
    i cant stand the wait! lol i find my self pressing refresh in the update screen nonstop...
    I guess its time to wait till 7:30 =(
    I just got off the phone with a Sprint tech support guy who said it's today, but it was weird because no specific time was listed. It just says "PM".
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrasherx2k1 View Post
    I spoke with the same Ryan guy and he told me the EXACT same things. I cannot comment on this matter blah blah. Palm how can you not comment on something that is already released to part of the world?
    except every customer service person in india is probably named ryan or sandy. doubt its the same guy.
    ok so i'm trying to remove my theme but it seems that it is no longer in preware but it still shows under installed packages "Blue Metal Glass Fixed" is the theme how do i remove it can i just use webosqi