View Poll Results: Who do you think is holding up the 1.4 update?

Voters
959. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sprint

118 12.30%
  • Verizon

579 60.38%
  • Palm

262 27.32%
Page 13 of 175 FirstFirst ... 3891011121314151617182363113 ... LastLast
    This is Germany calling...

Over here we're also desperately waiting for webos 1.4. But we'll probably have to wait two to three weeks longer than you guys.

At least it seems that there is some kind of consensus among precentral-users that palm should give us at least a hint on a release date after all that buzz created by this ominous screenshot.

When I started a threat in a german palm pre forum about getting at @palm via twitter and put some "community-pressure" to it, people were whining and they told me to shut up and wait because they were afraid palm couldn't handle all that "spam" and support may break down. LOL
    Global Posts
    216 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mrmoejoe View Post
    I dont know why Palm has waited an entire year for this.
    year?? what are you talking about?
    Is 1.4 out yet?
    yes!
    No Its NOT
    LOL. At least this thread is helping me laugh through my boring day at work. I have to agree with what someone else said earlier about having a solid 1.4 version instead of a buggy one that needs 1.4.1 and 1.4.2 patches. It's cracking me up that some people are saying they are "desperate" for 1.4, as if the phone is completely useless without this upgrade. Come on guys, it's got plenty of great features out the door. Let's give'em a little more time and I'm sure we'll be pleasantly surprised soon. I just STILL wish that Palm would at least say SOMETHING. The good news is that February is a short month
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    I am new to the Palm Pre and love it so far. I can only imagine how much better it can/will be with 1.4
    I want my 1.4...........
    1.4 is ok; I'm really excited about 2.0. What? You guys didn't hear about all the awesome features?!?
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    What has Palm waited an entire year for? And do you mean, since CES last year when the Pre and webOS were first announced? Or are you projecting to June of this year, which will be a year from when the Pre was launched?

Color me confused...
    Dont know what is so confusing, he is exagerating. Not really that confusing...
    Loaded Earthworm Jim this game will keep my occupied until 1.4 comes along.....crap i just hit UPDATES again.....cant help my self.....aaaaaand nothing...!
    Quote Originally Posted by mrmoejoe View Post
    Nah, I want video recording. This update isnt THAT amazing, I dont know why Palm has waited an entire year for this.
    A year? You realize that the Pre has only been out 8 months, right?
    LOL! Duh!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    A year? You realize that the Pre has only been out 8 months, right?
    haha FACE
    Hey guys,

I am brand new to the site and a new Pre owner. In your opinion, should I just wait for this 1.4 update before doing any installing of Preware / homebrew stuff?
    Just wanted to see what the latest news was on here. It's nice to see that everyone has calmed down and there aren't 30 1.4 Anticipation Threads. I got a little excited yesterday just because everyone was making such a big deal and was so sure that it was coming out. Yes I think video recording and editing would be great, but I don't don't really NEED them. I have more apps and things to do on my phone than I can even use, I STILL have a better phone than most people I know, and I'm just fine waiting patiently for my phone to let me know when 1.4 finally arrives.

So for the people that can't live without 1.4, just settle down and enjoy the great phone that you have, quit checking for updates on the hour, it won't come any quicker, (that's what she said). Remember, when we bought our phones we knew what features they did and did not have. Palm never promised a date when we would get the 1.4 update, Sprint never promised a date, and neither did Verizon.
    It's amazing how ONE person started all of that anticipation by posting ONE picture of when Palm POSSIBLY planned to release 1.4 to Sprint and then that ONE post spread like fire across the internet, hmmm...
    You guys are still waiting on 1.4? I've already moved on to 5.1.2. :lol:
    this 1.4 anticipation could of been avoided a long time ago if palm would have implemented it since the beginning...but i guess they like keeping their customers on the edge of their seats.
    Do not play with our feelings
    Quote Originally Posted by rlee2001 View Post
    Hey guys,

I am brand new to the site and a new Pre owner. In your opinion, should I just wait for this 1.4 update before doing any installing of Preware / homebrew stuff?
    I know I will get razzed for this but the safe thing to do is never apply the homebrew stuff. I never have and when these updates come out as well as with games apps etc... I never have had a problem. When people do have technical issues with the phone and software it seems to generally have something to do with homebrew issues. Plus since the openGL or whatever it was that happened and made the games amazing, I really don't see why these games and apps of the homebrew variety can't pursue the conventional outlet... but I realize some people just like to live on the edge