View Poll Results: Who do you think is holding up the 1.4 update?

Voters
959. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sprint

118 12.30%
  • Verizon

579 60.38%
  • Palm

262 27.32%
Page 127 of 175 FirstFirst ... 2777117122123124125126127128129130131132137 ... LastLast
Results 2,521 to 2,540 of 3481
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kc_exactly View Post
    I just talk to "Mother." She works at sprint. The servers are in lock down until tomorrow. Meaning, no updates or changes to the server can take place. "Mother" said that the update was suppose to come at Midnight. She didn't know what time zone that was in. I do know the headquarters is in central time zone. She guessed that's why the couldn't make changes to the servers.

And that is not a rumor.
    totally weird
    No, I was just playing with the word. Because, it was my mom that I asked. She works at Sprint designing the back up servers. I could have just put my mom told me but I would have sounded like a 12 year old.
    Last edited by kc_exactly; 02/26/2010 at 05:55 PM. Reason: spelling
    I just talk to "Mother." She works at sprint. The servers are in lock down until tomorrow. Meaning, no updates or changes to the server can take place. "Mother" said that the update was suppose to come at Midnight. She didn't know what time zone that was in. I do know the headquarters is in central time zone. She guessed that's why the couldn't make changes to the servers.

And that is not a rumor.
    You're right. It's a pile of nonsense.

The servers are in lock down? It's like some of you have never even used a computer before.
    Global Posts
    215 Global Posts
    I told you that they are making sure there customer support is ready. And, since there customer support is now in India it only makes since to do it at night. It is 4:15pm here and 4:15am in Bombay.

You have to stop thinking East Coast, West Coast. You have to think globalization. The end of American good paying jobs. Unfair trade practices. Exploitation of cheap foreign labor.

That is really what 1.4 is about. Hell, the phone is made in China.

We have to support local.
    I am going to find some tin cans and string. Who is with me?
    I have no idea how you involved politics in this. Can we leave the politics out of the forum please? This is for 1.4 update only. Anyways. I KNOW WHEN THE UPDATE IS COMING!!! For real this time.
    Quote Originally Posted by biggyfred View Post
    I have no idea how you found a way to tie in China, Bill Clinton, and import taxes into a thread on a phone's software update.

Bravo dude.
    Refer to Bold. Just sayin'.
    Sprint Palm 2 - Developer Mode - 2.1.0
  5. pfd
    how exactly do you "lock down" a server?
    Lock down just means they are not making any changes to the servers. That was some internal terminology. Nothing is physically "locked down." It just means that no one can make hardware changes.
    whats with theese time stamps in here? is precentral in the middle of the north atlantic or what?
    No, I was just playing with the word. Because, it was my mom that I asked. She works at Sprint designing the back up servers. I could have just put my mom told me but I would have sounded like a 12 year old.
    Did she say what's for dinner? I was hoping for ravioli.

Quote Originally Posted by pfd View Post
    how exactly do you "lock down" a server?
    I'm guessing 2 padlocks.

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyRuiz25 View Post
    whats with theese time stamps in here? is precentral in the middle of the north atlantic or what?
    Go to the user control panel and edit your timezone smarty.
    Global Posts
    215 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aolbites View Post
    Did she say what's for dinner? I was hoping for ravioli.
    Oh man, I could go for some cheese ravioli in a vodka creme pepper sauce.
    Sprint Palm 2 - Developer Mode - 2.1.0
    ok, this is weird. I went to updates, its been "checking for updates..." for around 5 mins now....
    Ok, I know I was being silly with the "mother" thing but I am being honest. She told me she heard midnight.
    Quote Originally Posted by vtboyarc View Post
    ok, this is weird. I went to updates, its been "checking for updates..." for around 5 mins now....
    check your connection. Its probably in a bad zone
    ORIGINAL HANDSPRING TREO USER! I ROCKED IT WITH PRIDE!!!
    still searching...is it a glitch? Should I close the update app and then re-open it?
    Why does my phone keep telling me it's up to date when I KNOW it's not? :P
    Quote Originally Posted by PRE_LUVER View Post
    check your connection. Its probably in a bad zone
    5 full bars, 897 kbps
    Global Posts
    419 Global Posts
    If what your Mom said is true for Sprint, what about the other carriers? Where's there update? I highly doubt all the other carriers have done the same thing.
    Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    Quote Originally Posted by twinmoons View Post
    Why does my phone keep telling me it's up to date when I KNOW it's not? :P
    It secretly despises you and wants you to fail in life. Mostly cuz you have...ya know...legs...
    Mine is doing the same and I can 'see' the tower. Checking... I have even rebooted and shut off the radio several times...
    - Jeff
    Palm Pre- and a 32 GB TouchPad.
    Why does this update rollout seem like the crappiest one yet? none of the others seemed as bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tcub View Post
    If what your Mom said is true for Sprint, what about the other carriers? Where's there update? I highly doubt all the other carriers have done the same thing.
    I have no idea. She works for sprint. And since my mom works at Sprint we only use Sprint phones in our home. I wish I could help you.