View Poll Results: Who do you think is holding up the 1.4 update?

Voters
959. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sprint

118 12.30%
  • Verizon

579 60.38%
  • Palm

262 27.32%
Page 126 of 175 FirstFirst ... 26 76 116121122123124125126127128129130131 136 ... LastLast
Results 2,501 to 2,520 of 3481
    I agree... RIP Iphone... I can't wait to post that on FaceBook.....
    I heard verizon got pushed back by two weeks for making us wait
    Quote Originally Posted by kc_exactly View Post
    I told you that they are making sure there customer support is ready. And, since there customer support is now in India it only makes since to do it at night. It is 4:15pm here and 4:15am in Bombay.

You have to stop thinking East Coast, West Coast. You have to think globalization. The end of American good paying jobs. Unfair trade practices. Exploitation of cheap foreign labor.

That is really what 1.4 is about. Hell, the phone is made in China.

We have to support local. I am going to find some tin cans and string. Who is with me?
    I dont know about reverting back to the 1930's technology but I feel ya!
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    precentral tweeted the latest tip they had and it was a link and it started playing the song sometime after midnite or whatever that song is called
    Last edited by rothoof; 02/26/2010 at 04:30 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by rothoof View Post
    precentral tweeted the latest tip they had and it was a link and it started playing the song sometime after midnite or whatever that song is called
    "Living After Midnight" by Judas Priest
    Global Posts
    215 Global Posts
    I told you that they are making sure there customer support is ready. And, since there customer support is now in India it only makes since to do it at night. It is 4:15pm here and 4:15am in Bombay.

You have to stop thinking East Coast, West Coast. You have to think globalization. The end of American good paying jobs. Unfair trade practices. Exploitation of cheap foreign labor.

We have to support local. I am going to find some tin cans and string. Who is with me?
    You have to stop thinking like you're a pinhead. 1.4 is out whenever they finish going over things, preparing the servers, and rolling it out to multiple carries. Really has nothing to do with support in India. The cost of labor here is outrageous and the taxes and laws are insane for labor. It's our own fault for turning our nation into a service based nation rather than a manufacturing industry. It's also the policies of Bill Clinton and congress in the 90's dropping the import taxes to very low values to help our situation with China.

I do agree keep it local, but as a business owner, I just can't see the benefit of having to deal with state and federal labor laws, taxes and other extraneous things you have to do to employ people in the U.S. It does protect our employees but seriously.
    Sprint Palm 2 - Developer Mode - 2.1.0
    Quote Originally Posted by Knight77 View Post
    I heard verizon got pushed back by two weeks for making us wait
    serves verizon right for trying to control palm and hold back sorint useres just to have sell out verizon tell them what to do, palm is better than that hahaha
    I have no idea how you found a way to tie in China, Bill Clinton, and import taxes into a thread on a phone's software update.

Bravo dude.

The company I work for sure as hell never makes sure customer support is ready for the fallout of updates.
    I have no idea how you involved politics in this. Can we leave the politics out of the forum please? This is for 1.4 update only. Anyways. I KNOW WHEN THE UPDATE IS COMING!!! For real this time.
    My bet is they are waiting until middle of the night to minimize the drain on the update servers.
    Global Posts
    237 Global Posts
    This is my little conversation with palm support. I know that it is just restating the obvious but i still think I should post it.

5:36 PM Sandy: Hello Max.
    5:36 PM Sandy: Thank you for contacting Palm. My name is Sandy.
    5:36 PM Sandy: I understand that you want to know when 1.4 update is available for your device.
    5:36 PM Sandy: Am I correct?
    5:37 PM Max: Yes!Everybody I know
    that has a pre has gotten a notice that 1.4 is available besides me. Will it be
    coming for me today
    5:37 PM Sandy: Well we did not release any update yet. If there is any update then your phone will automatically get a notification about the update, then you can update it.
    5:37 PM Sandy: Yes, you may receive it in couple of hours.
    5:38 PM Max: thanks for reassuring me that i will get it today, but some people I know got it this morning. Is there any way to get it to me sooner?
    5:39 PM Sandy: I am sorry, it is not possible to forcefully update the device now. Not to worry, you will receive the notification by couple of hours.
    5:39 PM Max: ok thank you!
    Quote Originally Posted by biggyfred View Post
    I have no idea how you found a way to tie in China, Bill Clinton, and import taxes into a thread on a phone's software update.

Bravo dude.
    hahahaha what else are they gonna tie in this thread? Slavery? Child abuse come on this is only about 1.4 not about all that stuff in reality the real reason why they are taking so long is because they are lazy to do it and wait till the last minute to bring it out that is the real reason
    lets not get started on the 9/11 truth movement please! I have other boards for that
    Guys, PLEASE stop bothering Palm's support with this and lying to them as well. "Everybody I know that has a pre has gotten..." = ***.
    Quote Originally Posted by mdotsteele View Post
    lets not get started on the 9/11 truth movement please! I have other boards for that
    "The terrorists hate us because of our 1.4 update!" LOL. Sorry, couldn't resist.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanis View Post
    My bet is they are waiting until middle of the night to minimize the drain on the update servers.
    Night, where?
    I just talk to "Mother." She works at sprint. The servers are in lock down until tomorrow. Meaning, no updates or changes to the server can take place. "Mother" said that the update was suppose to come at Midnight. She didn't know what time zone that was in. I do know the headquarters is in central time zone. She guessed that's why the couldn't make changes to the servers.

And that is not a rumor.
    I just talk to "Mother." She works at sprint. The servers are in lock down until tomorrow. Meaning, no updates or changes to the server can take place. "Mother" said that the update was suppose to come at Midnight. She didn't know what time zone that was in. I do know the headquarters is in central time zone. She guessed that's why the couldn't make changes to the servers.

And that is not a rumor.
    Mother? Is that the Red Queen? Do you work for Umbrella?!?!