View Poll Results: Who do you think is holding up the 1.4 update?

Voters
959. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sprint

118 12.30%
  • Verizon

579 60.38%
  • Palm

262 27.32%
Page 120 of 175 FirstFirst ... 2070110115116117118119120121122123124125130170 ... LastLast
Results 2,381 to 2,400 of 3481
    Quote Originally Posted by mr_moist View Post
    How absolutely s**tty is it that Sprint users have to wait until 7 PM PST supposedly to get this update while everyone else in the world gets it first? Even Verizon getting it first irks me at Palm and probably ensures that I will eventually move to an Android phone. Way to go Palm. Sprint should have been able to release this when they had a working version for their network and not have to wait for anyone else to test and whatnot.
    Verizon users are not getting it first. So far only one has that I know of and I am on Verizon and nothing.
    ORIGINAL HANDSPRING TREO USER! I ROCKED IT WITH PRIDE!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by mr_moist View Post
    How absolutely s**tty is it that Sprint users have to wait until 7 PM PST supposedly to get this update while everyone else in the world gets it first? Even Verizon getting it first irks me at Palm and probably ensures that I will eventually move to an Android phone. Way to go Palm. Sprint should have been able to release this when they had a working version for their network and not have to wait for anyone else to test and whatnot.
    You should look into the way that updates happen (or, more accurately, never happen) on Android devices before you make such an odd statement.

This isn't widely available for Verizon users either. This whole conspiracy theory that Verizon was somehow behind the delay has no basis in reality or any corroborating evidence whatsoever.

Is this really the recipe?:
    1. Get excited about frequent updates
    2. Get excited about one update in particular
    3. Get excited about fake release dates
    4. Criticize your provider for not releasing the update when its domestic competitor also hasn't released the update
    5. Threaten to move away from Palm (and their regular OTA improvements) to a competing platform where the phones are utterly abandoned immediately upon release

Doesn't make sense.
    Dont you love that no matter what you post there is always at least one DB that is ready to argue.
    ORIGINAL HANDSPRING TREO USER! I ROCKED IT WITH PRIDE!!!
    i'm not going to lie...i like the trollers and the flamers and those DB's that just want to argue and gripe for the sake of playing their sad lil violin of "why me"......it's my second reason for coming to these forums...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiddlekins View Post
    You should look into the way that updates happen (or, more accurately, never happen) on Android devices before you make such an odd statement.

This isn't widely available for Verizon users either. This whole conspiracy theory that Verizon was somehow behind the delay has no basis in reality or any corroborating evidence whatsoever.

Is this really the recipe?:
    1. Get excited about frequent updates
    2. Get excited about one update in particular
    3. Get excited about fake release dates
    4. Criticize your provider for not releasing the update when its domestic competitor also hasn't released the update
    5. Threaten to move away from Palm (and their regular OTA improvements) to a competing platform where the phones are utterly abandoned immediately upon release

Doesn't make sense.
    But this is the entitlement generation! Everyone is ENTITLED and DESERVES to get whatever they want whenever they want it! How dare you suggest that reality shouldn't meet those expectations!

In all seriousness, relax people. Just pretend that the rumors and supposed leaks from anonymous sources are just update fanfics, and you'll be pleasantly surprised whenever there's a real update.
    @Pre_Luver

That's a given no matter whatever board you post on.

I'm bummed that I don't have my 1.4 update yet, but I'm not mad at Palm for not delivering on some random goofball's schedule.
    "...human sacrifices, dogs and cats living together! MASS HYSTERIA!"

-Ghostbusters
    Still nothing, 6pm here in UK.
    Absolutely mental Depeche Mode fan since 1988, iPhone themer, app UI design, PM me for anything graphics-wise.
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    any time specifically?
    Quote Originally Posted by wbarter View Post
    any time specifically?
    8:37PM pacific time.
    Global Posts
    246 Global Posts
    I'm pretty sure there will be a full blown riot if 1.4 isn't released today/tonight LOL
    Last edited by mfosson; 02/26/2010 at 01:13 PM. Reason: error
    My bet is still on for a Saturday (tomorrow.) Yeah I know I said last week last time, but the big updates have al come on a Saturday.
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cibersay View Post
    , practiced making babies,
    Made my day I need some comical relief today ( this thread's been pretty good at comedy so far)

So what release will all the features found in the following link be in? 14.7 maybe

Pomegranate | NS08

T300 - T600 - T650 - T700p - T755p - T800w - Pre
    i'm putting my money on later sometime tonight. but i'm not a betting man, so don't count on my opinion lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by amateurhack View Post
    My bet is still on for a Saturday (tomorrow.) Yeah I know I said last week last time, but the big updates have al come on a Saturday.
    You must've missed the whole story on a Sprint admin pinpointing 1.4's release for tonight.
    I can't access the portion of Palms website right now that houses the webos Doctor downloads, for anyone interested to know that.

Your welcome for not making a new thread about it.
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweetnessinfall View Post
    i'm putting my money on later sometime tonight. but i'm not a betting man, so don't count on my opinion lol.
    Il say it first...you need to setup a avatar/signature detail link cause you will get asked often "is it you" "who is it" etc etc I remember GFunk a long while back had to do the same.
    T300 - T600 - T650 - T700p - T755p - T800w - Pre
    How about we all hang out and get drunk together and complain about how 1.4 isn't here yet? It would be interesting (at least it would being under the influence) to hear everyone in a room chirping about all of this! I have a nice bar and 3 beers on tap in my basement, although I am not sure I can fit this many people....... OH WAIT! I MEAN, DAMN IT THAT 1.4 ISN'T HERE YET! Is that what I am supposed to, complain?! Sorry everyone, I have been drinking already! How about long live Fridays! If you are in the Cleveland area tonight, come see my not-so-crappy band play at the House of Blues! And long live alcohol!!
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    WebOS Software Improvements and Enhancements
    Updated: 2/26/2010 12:46:29 PM(ET)

Starting 2/27, Verizon Wireless is pleased to announce a new software update for your Palm Pre Plus and Pixi Plus. Users will be able to upgrade their Palm webOS software to receive new improvements and enhancements.

Software Details:

Palm Pre Plus:

Palm Pre Plus: Palm webOS 1.4.0 Build 136
    Size: 39MB
    Install Time: 20 minutes
    Palm Pixi Plus:

Palm webOS 1.4.0 Build 169
    Size: 41MB
    Install Time: 16 minutes
    Software Availability:

The software upgrade will first be available to customers beginning at 12:00 AM ET on 02/27 via the following methods:

OTASL (Over The Air Software Loading): Customers will receive notification of the update beginning 12:00 AM ET on 02/27.
    The software will arrive on customer┐s devices anytime over 10 days starting Saturday 2/27, depending on the date that the device checks in with the server. The device will randomly check for the update every seven days.
    User Initiated (Manual)
    Download Conditions:

Must have at least 60% charge to download an update automatically
    If below 30%, download will pause and charge device until it is back above 30%
    If connected to Wi-Fi, updates download automatically
    If not connected to Wi-Fi within two days (EvDO) or four days (IXRTT) of an update being available, update with download over an EvDO network
    Updates will not download while roaming
    User can manually update at any time
    Install Conditions:

Must have at least a 30% charge to install an update
    Can choose Install Now or Install Later
    If no response is selected, update will install after ten minutes
    Do not remove the battery while an update is being installed
    The device is not usable during this process
    Enhancements:

Several enhancements are included in the maintenance release, including:

Updated SMS and chat features
    New camera support for video capture
    Expanded calendar and task functions
    Additional email options
    Mobile Hotspot is now preloaded on the device
    Enhanced universal search now includes Global Address Lookup, i.e., corporate address book
    The light bar in the gesture area now blinks whenever there are pending notifications
    Improvements:

Better MMS functions and support
    Faster performance in areas of the device and calendar applications
    See the Palm Pre Plus and Palm Pixi Plus support websites for a more detailed list of the enhancements, improvements, and download instructions.

System Update: Palm« Pre™ Plus

System Update: Palm« Pixi™ Plus
    oh what the heck!
    so its 27th NOT 26th for anybody in any country!